Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Can we speculate on who the next character reveal will be?

I think Ken is going to be replaced with a better-trained Sean, just to mix things up a bit. Also this fuckin game better have at least one Final Fight character or I'm not buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Cabbagepots posted:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/11/e3-2015-everything-you-need-to-know-about-street-fighter-5

IGN posted raw gameplay footage.

Once again Hideki Okugawa is nowhere to be found and SF5 will have another completely loving abysmal soundtrack. Thanks Capcom.

SF5 will suck because there isn't a stage with a 100 foot tall Felicia destroying a city nya~~
- Cabbagepots 2015

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

inthesto posted:

I'm guessing it's going to be a fan favorite that was absent from SF4, so that puts Q, Alex, Karin, and Rainbow Mika as my most likely picks. Karin below the rest, since there's copyright issues with her.

e: Urien too

I'd be pretty drat surprised to see Q in this game. Surprised and delighted.

But yeah, Alex sounds pretty plausible too.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

inthesto posted:

Q always had the underdog factor going for him, and Kuroda alone generated a lot of fans for the character. He's also a super unique design that's just a little off the wall but not too much. I agree that Alex is the most like out of the "left out of SF4" list, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Q.

I'm not saying he's a disliked character, I'm going by what Ono & whats-his-face said during the lead-up to SFxT, something to the tune of "Q isn't coming back so please quit asking us" so it sounds like the producers just don't like him or something.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Policenaut posted:

If you want to play character roster theory then you should look at the results of Capcom's Street Fighter character popularity polls. They polled USA and Japan to varying results, and I'm laughing my rear end off at Rufus being the lowest ranking active Street Fighter.

Remember in 2011 when Capcom announced Rufus' inclusion in SFxT during a presentation and everyone in the audience started booing them.

EDIT: I'm changing my vote to Maki.

Junk fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 12, 2015

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Ugh gently caress, oh god please don't be Ingrid.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

GO! TO HIM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51_5i-L7do

EDIT: If Birdie is in this game, this better not mean that Boxer won't be in.

Junk fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 13, 2015

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

teagone posted:

Capcom is going to have an SFV panel at Comic-Con http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/26/capcom-holding-street-fighter-v-panel-at-san-diego-comic-con-next-month/

Guess the new character reveal(s) will be at SDCC instead of evo.

LOL @ that leaked character roster in the comments

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

I hope at some point, if not at release then in a future update, Sean gets added to this game and receives a similarly drastic overhaul like Birdie and Charlie and becomes a good character. Bonus points if they can get the guy who voiced Tetsuo to do the VO again.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Cabbagepots I know I've poked fun at you in the past but you seem sincere and committed to what you're doing and I respect that so I wish you good luck.

edit:

inthesto posted:

It would be cool if his super was still a one hit hadou burst, but they somehow made it look and feel awesome

Yes, this exactly. Sean would have been cool and interesting if he wasn't completely gimped in 3s.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've even played the first two SF3 games. Will check it out.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Eddain posted:

Wasn't that the game where Sean players would spam HP to build meter, and it was so effective that if it was a mirror match the other Sean player would also spam HP to build meter instead of attacking because it was the most optimal thing to do?

I think you are describing third strike except for the sean part

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

No.
In case Capcom is reading this forum I want them to know all my exact fetishes.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

I don't care about licensing issues or who is from what franchise or whatever the gently caress, i want CvS2 Geese Howard in this game. If not, a mod needs to happen.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Lucia is the shittiest character in Final Fight 3 so I hope that rumor is fake. Dean also sucks. Actually gently caress Final Fight 3 altogether and bring back Sodom.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Cody loving rules, but sadly since he's already appeared on a big poster in the background of the London stage he's probably not going to show up. Such is the way of stage cameos.

You know who I wanna see? Damnd. His V-Skill can be he can whistle and call in some thugs as strikers.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Never seen a character with 4 claws on each hand they attack with.

Didn't SF1 have a guy with two claw hands? Retsu or Retu or something

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

It's going to be three babies in a trench coat

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

This is my prediction (NOTE: Not a wish list) : Juri won't make the cut, but Poison will. Also the other 2 OGs will be Sakura and Guile. Sakura because this game is kind of a sausage fest so far, and Guile because you can't loving bring Charlie back from the dead and have a story campaign that doesn't include Guile. Also Akuma will be a hidden mid-boss.

edit: I guess this is too kind of a wish-list because I didn't include Makoto on there.

Junk fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Aug 4, 2015

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Android Blues posted:

Middle-aged Poison in SF5 would rule a lot but seems wildly unlikely.

SF characters don't age if it's convenient.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Lucinice posted:

If SFV goes free to play the only character you should have by default is Dan or Sean.

Dan & Sean confirmed. I'm emailing eventhubs as we speak

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

......... I know how I want to die......

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

I can't believe how down I am for R. Mika as I never picked her ever in Alpha 3 but these moves look fun as hell. That being said, where the gently caress is the token Final Fight character already?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Look Sharp! posted:

I noticed that Maki is on the Final Fight poster in the London stage, but I don't remember her being there before. Maybe I just didn't notice it

Definitely wasn't there before... got a pic?

That's a shame, if so. Once a character makes a stage cameo, you can say goodbye to any chance of them being playable.

Still pulling for Sodom since that tease in SFxT never panned out.

edit: the tease I'm referring to

Junk fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 29, 2015

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Ah gently caress never mind, she was there before. Just checked the Birdie/Cammie reveal trailer, right around the time the London stage was revealed. Guess the camera just rarely panned that far above.

Oh well, since this game is still Street Fighter: Villains Edition, we might still get Sodom or Damnd or hell, maybe even Retu or something completely bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Zelder posted:

Hugo eventually made it into Street Fighter 4 though.

Also I want Cody.

I'm not talking about hugo, dipshit. Read the neon sign on the wall.

• Locked thread