Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Slow death from horrible diseases and malnutrition: not a thing. In addition, as long as energy is carbon neutral and low-area (and we don't run into waste heat problems, which won't be a thing unless the world energy use increases by like 30 times), I am perfectly ok with spending energy to make problems go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

Also I don't really get people's aversion to death, even in the millions.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Hahaha, well then.

You're vaguely uncomfortable with technology. You're okay with death and suffering as long as it's natural (and presumably doesn't directly affect you). You don't like big corporations and think wage slavery is worse than suffering and death. I can discuss GMOs with you, but your hosed up life philosophy is outside my area of expertise.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
beef turret let's assume your premise is correct for the moment; how do you propose stopping Asia from industrializing?

China is just gonna say gently caress right off if we tell them not to pursue nuclear energy tech, for example.

Go to war with them over it?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Hahaha, well then.

You're vaguely uncomfortable with technology. You're okay with death and suffering as long as it's natural (and presumably doesn't directly affect you). You don't like big corporations and think wage slavery is worse than suffering and death. I can discuss GMOs with you, but your hosed up life philosophy is outside my area of expertise.

wage slavery isnt ok when it hurts white people

BUT BUT BUT FAIR TRADE ORGANIZATION!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Nobody wants to admit it but Rwanda and Indonesia were better off after their genocides too, which were just veiled resource wars anyway.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

Nobody wants to admit it but Rwanda and Indonesia were better off after their genocides too, which were just veiled resource wars anyway.

lol @ your efforttrolling

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

lol @ your efforttrolling

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

he is right that they were resource wars. civil wars = way less government regulation which means way better cost effective gathering for the white man.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Well, we got someone to endorse genocide. I'd call this thread a success.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
GMOs!

We're all mutants! AHHHHHHHH!

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Beef Turret posted:

Rotating crops just slows the inevitable. And there is no way we would ever allow them to industrialize except on our terms, and it would still probably lead to resource wars anyway. I'm against nuclear energy for that very reason. We shouldn't raise the energy ceiling unless we're sure there's enough to go around and that the environment can handle it, and there isn't and it cant, not unless you want to live in a hosed up exhausted planet

Also I don't really get people's aversion to death, even in the millions. At least in nature if you lost (and comparatively few anatomically modern human did) you just die and it's over with. With civilization if you lose (and most people do) you get to live a semi-conscious life of wage serfdom and misery until you waste away in a retirement home or some other total institution. Compared to the 3rd world horror stories nature is loving merciful

suicidal ideation, even when half heartedly projected, is a serious sign of mental illness and you should go talk to someone. Theres no apocalypse coming and your constant need to invent one everytime someone points out something you say is false is kinda sad.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
When I say it I'm insane. When Jared Diamond says it it's a bestseller http://www.ditext.com/diamond/10.html

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

beef turret if the only solution to our problems is a massive die off why dont you start by killing yourself

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Show me you're serious about the need to lose weight by starving yourself to death. Because restraint and moderation always lead to extremes.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Beef Turret posted:

Show me you're serious about the need to lose weight by starving yourself to death. Because restraint and moderation always lead to extremes.

its sort of hard to resort to extremism in an argument with someone who is advocating for the death of millions

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

its sort of hard to resort to extremism in an argument with someone who is advocating for the death of millions

The only deranged value set here is the western one that treats crops and livestock as malleable goo to be shaped as people see fit. The same one that keeps people alive in unbearable suffering for as long as possible. When a society turns into an unstoppable ecological ponzi scheme it is good that instead of resigning themselves to abject misery and a ecological collapse down the road, healthy teens decided to grab their machete and take matters into their own hands

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Beef Turret posted:

The only deranged value set here is the western one that treats crops and livestock as malleable goo to be shaped as people see fit. The same one that keeps people alive in unbearable suffering for as long as possible. When a society turns into an unstoppable ecological ponzi scheme it is good that instead of resigning themselves to abject misery and a ecological collapse down the road, healthy teens decided to grab their machete and take matters into their own hands

dude went full crazy over GMO's. And people say GBS isn't funny anymore.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol if you're dumb enough to think "organic" is anything but a marketing ploy to take money from gullible whities

organic farming uses poo poo loads of pesticides.

my favorite organic farming trick is to plant some organic plants and then plant inorganic plants around them. then you can treat the non-organic plants with whatever you want and still sell the organic for higher markup

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

i try to eat things that dont contain a lot of bad ingredients.

I shop at whole foods but thats because its within walking distance of me

then again I make most of what I eat from scratch

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

LeoMarr posted:

i try to eat things that dont contain a lot of bad ingredients.

I shop at whole foods but thats because its within walking distance of me

then again I make most of what I eat from scratch

grats, you're doing your part for the world, and it will see fruition soon. Your loving medal is in the mail.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

The Dregs posted:

dude went full crazy over GMO's. And people say GBS isn't funny anymore.

this seems to happen a lot in GMO arguments. it's a good sign to laugh, shrug, and move on because when someone says the death of millions is preferable to GMOs, or that GMOs are part of a UN fertility control agenda, nothing you say will change their mind.

Adventure Pigeon fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 13, 2015

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

poo poo, misclick.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Dregs posted:

grats, you're doing your part for the world, and it will see fruition soon. Your loving medal is in the mail.

i never said any of that but its my choice if I want to cook things from scratch and not eat lovely foods that come out of a factory.

also I like to support local business

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Adventure Pigeon posted:

this seems to happen a lot in GMO arguments. it's a good sign to laugh, shrug, and move on because when someone says the death of millions is preferable to GMOs, or that GMOs are part of a UN fertility control agenda, nothing you say will change their mind.

the jews planned this

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
Wouldnt a mass die off be better before we got used to GMO supporting larger amounts of people on the planet then we even need? Like poo poo lets just get it over with already

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PBRstreetgang posted:

Wouldnt a mass die off be better before we got used to GMO supporting larger amounts of people on the planet then we even need? Like poo poo lets just get it over with already

yes population growth ia a bad thing because the one child policy worked so well for china right.

Especially with the fact that there's 75 million more men than women in china right now and the female population is continuing to decline.

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
gently caress it theres room lets keep having more

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Right, the conspiracy theory of "population poses a malthusian dilemma." Well I'll leave you to it, but don't forget, nothing I've posted itt is particularly controversial except in certain sheltered circles where people have the luxury of pathological aversion to violence, and then only because others are already committing violence on their behalf. Anyone who thinks a small collapse yesterday is worse than an inevitably enormous collapse tomorrow has subscribed to a cartoon view of the reality.

LeoMarr posted:

yes population growth ia a bad thing because the one child policy worked so well for china right.

China has proven that birth restriction is smart policy. Its middle class grows, all its citizens have housing, health care, education and food, and the one out of five human beings who live there are not overpopulating the planet.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

Right, the conspiracy theory of "population poses a malthusian dilemma." Well I'll leave you to it, but don't forget, nothing I've posted itt is particularly controversial except in certain sheltered circles where people have the luxury of pathological aversion to violence, and then only because others are already committing violence on their behalf. Anyone who thinks a small collapse yesterday is worse than an inevitably enormous collapse tomorrow has subscribed to a cartoon view of the reality.

China has proven that birth restriction is smart policy. Its middle class grows, all its citizens have housing, health care, education and food, and the one out of five human beings who live there are not overpopulating the planet.

what are we even discussing anymore? is this just mental illness performance art posting?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Adventure Pigeon posted:

what are we even discussing anymore? is this just mental illness performance art posting?

What about H-loom toms? Like where the gently caress did they come from, man? All those crazy colors, stripes and shapes. It's like youre watching Yo Gabba Gabba but youre standing in the grocery looking at a basket of toms. Would you put a fat slice of that purple with yellow stripes bastard on your BLT? gently caress yeah you would cause they taste amazing.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

King of Bees posted:

What about H-loom toms? Like where the gently caress did they come from, man? All those crazy colors, stripes and shapes. It's like youre watching Yo Gabba Gabba but youre standing in the grocery looking at a basket of toms. Would you put a fat slice of that purple with yellow stripes bastard on your BLT? gently caress yeah you would cause they taste amazing.

heirloom tomatoes are basically inbred tomato varieties that have been maintained outside of large scale commercial production. they are pretty awesome and some of them taste really good. one of the big things that's coming as a result of the plant genetics revolution will be the ability to breed fruits and vegetables that have awesome flavors while still having the hardiness, yield, and other important characteristics of major commercial varieties. it is a wonderful time to be eating food and i think you should get in on the craze if you're not already.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Adventure Pigeon posted:

heirloom tomatoes are basically inbred tomato varieties that have been maintained outside of large scale commercial production. they are pretty awesome and some of them taste really good. one of the big things that's coming as a result of the plant genetics revolution will be the ability to breed fruits and vegetables that have awesome flavors while still having the hardiness, yield, and other important characteristics of major commercial varieties. it is a wonderful time to be eating food and i think you should get in on the craze if you're not already.

They're fuckin delicious, yep.

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
GMO cAused the troon epidemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Foid One posted:

GMO cAused the troon epidemic