Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Anime Curator posted:

I watch Cosmo and was sad that he didn't win the Nintendo World Event. He got to hold Miyamoto's hand though as Miyamoto whispered he enjoyed his speedruns.

Finding out that Miyamoto enjoys your speedruns and realizing that probably influenced Mario Maker is winning in it's own way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Games I'm interested in today:

Mass Effect 4
Persona 5
Yakuza 5

That's it. Thanks for reading my post.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dunban posted:

Mass Effect 4
Persona 5
Yakuza 5

2 of those definitely aren't going to be at e3

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Dunban posted:

Mass Effect 4
Persona 5
Yakuza 5

You forgot Shenmue 3 :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ryen Deckard posted:

Finding out that Miyamoto enjoys your speedruns and realizing that probably influenced Mario Maker is winning in it's own way.

NSMB clearly hasn't had much influence on his speedrun tech, that's for sure.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Black August posted:

I'm confused. What exactly am I seeing here.

Using virtual reality you can experience games like never before - on a flat surface on a wall inside a room.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Dunban posted:

Mass Effect 4
Persona 5
Yakuza 5

Something loving new and not a list of goddamn sequels

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

echronorian posted:

Let's have some positivity in the thread

Miyamoto playing some kids level from Mario Maker

Gamer HEll Yeah!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Haquer posted:

don't worry, there will be a bunch of remakes and ports too!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Haquer posted:

Get the heck outta here!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Haquer posted:

Sequels are fun and all the games I like should get sequels that are even better than those games.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
:(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lol I just watched the final round of the NWC thing. Who is this Cosmo person and why is he worse at Mario than my mum?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I've been watching yesterday's Mario Maker highlights on Youtube for the past 10 minutes and I'm feeling legitimate excitement. At this point, the only possible way they could screw this up is by making it difficult/impossible to share creations online. They haven't confirmed if/how that works yet, have they?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pretty sure it's gonna have an online thing like Pushmo for the WiiU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Pretty sure it's gonna have an online thing like Pushmo for the WiiU
I haven't played it, so I'm not immediately familiar with how that works. If their website is any indication, that uses a combination of bare-bones, list-based sharing sortable only by "new" and "popular" and QR code-based sharing, right? No other search function to help weed out the huge number of stages that will inevitably clog up the Miiverse?

I love Nintendo, but I swear they're a decade behind everyone else when it comes to online features sometimes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Welcome to E3. The future of games.......IS HERE! *burns a pile of money on stage*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

echronorian posted:

mods please can this be the background to Games so that when we post we may remind ourselves that we should enjoy and be having fun with video games

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
We've listened to gamers, and we're proud to showcase our innovative new concepts YOU asked for like *uncontrollably vomits for the remainder of the keynote while maintaining eye contact*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
if mario maker is like tipping stars then we will not have to worry about finding good levels! that game makes it very easy to find good things.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
also i cannot get over how drat happy that picture of Miyamoto and the two kids makes me. i think id probably die if Miyamoto was next to me enjoying my own SMB4 levels

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Is Youtube's presentation still at noon today? I'm really excited to see the next Platinum game reveal, but it's not listed in the OP. Did they move it to avoid competing with Microsoft?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Super Mario Maker and Fallout 4 have me hyped for a great year of video games, and hell, Nintendo has barely started, and who knows what else is in store?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

echronorian posted:

Miyamoto managing to look more excited than two literal kids.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We know they'll be showing off StarFox since that's still slated for this year. Wanna see if it'll be any good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Miyamoto managing to look more excited than two literal kids.

He's getting to see his company's creation through the excited eyes of its intended audience, and is bringing joy to the lives of children. I think I'd also have a big smile on my face. :unsmith:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neraren posted:

Is Youtube's presentation still at noon today? I'm really excited to see the next Platinum game reveal, but it's not listed in the OP. Did they move it to avoid competing with Microsoft?

The Platinum reveal is with IGN or some other site, I think. It already kinda leaked: it's a cel-shaded Transformers brawler, published by Activision, PS3/4/X360/Xbone.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This is pretty cool, Nintendo is putting up a bunch of E3 demo builds of indie games to the public today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK0LoW6cJmQ

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bicyclops posted:

He's getting to see his company's creation through the excited eyes of its intended audience, and is bringing joy to the lives of children. I think I'd also have a big smile on my face. :unsmith:

He's also a multi millionaire and gets to make cool poo poo like Pikmin on a whim even if no one buys it. Dude probably smiles a lot.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Platinum reveal is with IGN or some other site, I think. It already kinda leaked: it's a cel-shaded Transformers brawler, published by Activision, PS3/4/X360/Xbone.

Was that confirmed? I thought it was just speculation based on the fact that they did that Korra game before.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

This is pretty cool, Nintendo is putting up a bunch of E3 demo builds of indie games to the public today

With how much surrounds E3 and how easy it is to distribute things via the internet, it makes no sense to not push demos through whatever stores you have.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Red Bones posted:

Was that confirmed? I thought it was just speculation based on the fact that they did that Korra game before.

Screenshots of it have leaked and Bestbuy.ca jumped the gun and put up the pre-order page for it prematurely (with box art and everything) so it's pretty much confirmed.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everyone in the thread, the first person who calls all of these garbage or makes some other pessismist gamer content, please say that they have soiled their nindies.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Flying Milton posted:

With how much surrounds E3 and how easy it is to distribute things via the internet, it makes no sense to not push demos through whatever stores you have.
I think most companies avoid it because E3 builds generally are too unstable to just let the public tear into them, although I guess in recent years, E3 demos have gotten more and more pre-baked and scripted that it's less of an issue anymore. I remember when Nintendo brought their E3 build of Twilight Princess to San Diego Comic Con and got to play it.

OH yeah also companies seem to hate game demos just in general anymore.

Bicyclops posted:

Everyone in the thread, the first person who calls all of these garbage or makes some other pessismist gamer content, please say that they have soiled their nindies.
I wanna try RIVE because its Two Tribes (Toki Tori 2+) and it looks like blaster master

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-eJsGRo2Rs

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Soon.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Look, you fuckers asked for games and we gave you motion controls and cable tv and fantasy foosball and you HATED all of it so maybe you guys don't actually know what you want. Did you ever think that? DID YOU EVER THINK THAT YOU, THE CONSUMERS, ARE THE PROBLEM!?

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

man battletoads was a mediocre beat'em up with a really difficult scrolling section

can't wait for another

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OH yeah also companies seem to hate game demos just in general anymore.

im wondering if to make a demo it'd be

a) they'd need a different team working on it and the time frames dont allow it as is

b) they are incompetent at locking away whole games for just a sneak peak and they are worried someone will get into the files and open it all up

c) they're not confident in the final product as they are just churning poo poo out so much that word of mouth will kill proper release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Blister posted:

man battletoads was a mediocre beat'em up with a really difficult scrolling section

can't wait for another

gently caress you.

The arcade game was the greatest of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUZk15vZ5Ts

• Locked thread