Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

---The Game---
Winner of literally some awards, The Last of Us is an acclaimed story/character-based Third-Person Shooter from Naughty Dog, fresh off the heels of the original Uncharted trilogy.

We take the role of Joel, an old Texan grizzly bear, right as the apocalypse hits. People have become infected with a mind and body-warping fungus, effectively turning into rage zombies and sending the country into military lockdown chaos. After 20 years of hell, Joel is tasked with delivering a young teenager, Ellie, to a group of revolutionaries across the country in the futile hope of finding a cure for the infection. They must face the mindless infected, the indiscriminate military, and the cutthroat outlaws that roam the landscape on their long journey towards character development.

---The LP---
This LP is headed by Travis (BigTUnit1). It's a standard playthrough - as much of the game will be shown as possible, and Travis will go back and collect anything he misses. Because the game is so dialogue intensive, there will be two versions of each video: one with all of our commentary, and one completely without (RAW). RAWs may be blocked in Germany due to content ID matching.
Parts 1-9 are of the original PS3 version. Parts 10-on are of the PS4 Remastered edition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our ill-fated first take

(Germany-friendly version)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ashmonsterr, Tumblr)

(By MassRafTer)

(By ASkylineDiver)

(By ChibiWisdom)

(By NarcoRat, Twitter)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Reserved just in case

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

After an extended hiatus, the LP is back and picking up right where we left off.

The previous 9 parts were of the original PS3 version, but from hereon-out Travis will be recording from the PS4 Remastered version. 60fps capture still pending.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

From high school to university, and it only took a season!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Winter has arrived, and it's Ellie's turn in the spotlight.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

You're special. Prime rib, if you will.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A brief respite, followed by the game's final wave of infected.

The main LP concludes next week.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thus concludes the main LP of The Last of Us. The short DLC story will follow, and then that will conclude this thread.

PS: A section near the end of the video has a song that got it blocked in Germany. Here's a version with that section muted - it's short enough that it doesn't ruin the video. This has happened with previous Raws, but they're not as in-demand as the commentated versions, so I'm not worrying about those.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
While we wait for the Left Behind DLC, I completely forgot to share a few great fanart pics we've gotten for The Last of Us:

ASkylineDiver's take on the watch:

ChibiWisdom's "JoJoel":

And NarcoRat's birthday cake for PizzaJoe, placed here since the Wind Waker thread is long finished:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Travis has recorded and edited down the DLC footage to three parts. As soon as he and Yoshi both get the time to record, that'll be what we do next. Thread's almost finished, people.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thus concludes Travis' LP of The Last of Us. Thanks to anyone who stuck with this thread through its long delays and outright disappearances. It may not have ever managed much momentum around the forums, but this is still one of my favourite LPs we've ever done.

• Locked thread