Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I have high hopes for this season because the cast is so good. It's easily the most people I've liked straight away but I guess it helps that I liked 0/16 people from last season. I have high expectations for Vanessa, Da'Vonne, Austin and John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Shneak posted:

I have high hopes for this season because the cast is so good. It's easily the most people I've liked straight away but I guess it helps that I liked 0/16 people from last season. I have high expectations for Vanessa, Da'Vonne, Austin and John.

How could you not like (late season) Caleb? I ought to judy chop some sense into you. Heard dat.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I liked Donny okay.

ninja: and Christine's husband

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

~At the end of the day~, Beastmode Cowboy was a pretty cool dude. :v:

Beastmode Cowboy was not a cool dude. :suicide:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I am getting the same overall vibe from this cast that I did last year which is probably not a good thing.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
To be fair if anyone's expecting infallible Disney characters on a reality show... you're going to have a hard time.

They're real people (even if half of them do modeling as a profession) and they do dumb things like real people and that's part of the trainwreck of glory.

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
Steve is going to get eaten alive in there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Generic American posted:

~At the end of the day~, Beastmode Cowboy was a pretty cool dude. :v:

Thank you for this.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'd ask someone to repost Caleb's list of made up poo poo he claimed to have done but I don't think we have the bandwidth

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Becky is going to win, because God is dead and hell is real

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Spiky Ooze posted:

To be fair if anyone's expecting infallible Disney characters on a reality show... you're going to have a hard time.

They're real people (even if half of them do modeling as a profession) and they do dumb things like real people and that's part of the trainwreck of glory.

Nothing wrong with real people with real flaws. I think most of us would like nothing more.. Last year was kind of cringey because outside of a super annoying person who didn't even really need to be there (Frankie) and a creepy misogynist, there weren't very many strong personalities in the house for very long. And outside of Frankie and Derrick, it felt like most people didn't understand the game at all, which made it boring to watch them get steam rolled all summer. I remember predicting only a couple of weeks in that Derrick and Frankie were going to run the game until the end and they basically did.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I have no real desire to watch BB anymore (Rachel killed it for me and I was getting bored with it a few seasons after Evel Dick anyway), but I sometimes read the threads and like to see who is playing.

And I just have to ask, who the hell gets a masters in medieval history? I mean I'm sure Austin is cool and all being a wrestler and it's also impressive cause he dropped out in the 8th grade too., but still medieval history?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

TMMadman posted:

And I just have to ask, who the hell gets a masters in medieval history? I mean I'm sure Austin is cool and all being a wrestler and it's also impressive cause he dropped out in the 8th grade too., but still medieval history?
Maybe he's aspiring to own a Medieval Times restaurant franchise,
or tackle the grueling day to day activities of running a Ren-Faire.

Who are we to judge?

Also, I agree with Propaganda Machine's snap judgement summaries.
There's a good crop of bland with this cast.
If they join forces as a voting block they could bore us the entire Summer through.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 23, 2015

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

And I just have to ask, who the hell gets a masters in medieval history?

I dunno, can you suplex a pasty rear end mofo?

I have more hope in that guy than the vast majority of the cast.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
I can't wait to watch people put a target on their back by throwing others under the bus and backdooring floaters on the chopping block when they should've voted with the house even though it's nothing personal, but they didn't come here to make friends so sometimes they have to get blood on their hands in order to do what's best for their game so no matter where your head is at, at the end of the day it is what it is.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Fedelm posted:

I can't wait to watch people put a target on their back by throwing others under the bus and backdooring floaters on the chopping block when they should've voted with the house even though it's nothing personal, but they didn't come here to make friends so sometimes they have to get blood on their hands in order to do what's best for their game so no matter where your head is at, at the end of the day it is what it is.

I wish we could cram all of this in the thread title.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fedelm posted:

Mods please make this the custom title for everyone who posts in this thread.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We should just play our own game where we get eliminated if we use any of those phrases.

Ok, I'm back I guess. Things were crazy for awhile and I thought I might pass on this season but they somehow calmed down just in time for Big Brother. So I guess I'm in. Especially since it looks like the price for CBS All Access for three months is actually cheaper than the Live Feeds were, so hey, more for less. I guess that's my summer wasted.

As always I'll reserve my snap judgments of the houseguests for after I see their annoyingly over produced introduction videos. I do recognize that wrestler. He actually hosted a Big Brother show on After Buzz or something with Rachel or someone so he might know the game.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Fedelm posted:

This is all well and good, but will they fly under the radar?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Fedelm posted:

Love these BB-isms! The production go-to that I absolutely can't stand are the diary sessions of people saying that they "haaaaave to win this veto". I swear, by now you could probably make an entire season of footage that is nothing but that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

Love these BB-isms! The production go-to that I absolutely can't stand are the diary sessions of people saying that they "haaaaave to win this veto". I swear, by now you could probably make an entire season of footage that is nothing but that.

If all of the previous episodes are on All Access, it might be easier than ever to make a super cut.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I kind of love it when someone HAAAAAS to win a POV and doesn't and then a few hours later they're fine and someone else is going home.

Its even more fun with feeds when you can actually see it happen and that it isn't just TV magic. Nope, they really are that crazy in that house.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The best is watching people plot and plan on the feeds for DAYS only to back out at the last minute because "the time wasn't right to make a big move."

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Fedelm posted:

Spool of lies.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ToastyPotato posted:

The best is watching people plot and plan on the feeds for DAYS only to back out at the last minute because "the time wasn't right to make a big move."

aka BB16

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

TMMadman posted:

Ok, I have no real desire to watch BB anymore (Rachel killed it for me and I was getting bored with it a few seasons after Evel Dick anyway), but I sometimes read the threads and like to see who is playing.

Lots of people, sadly most of them don't have a good fall back career like professional wrestler to fall back on.

Also I hate the loving Dentist who somehow is so bad with money he needs to win to save his parents lakehouse, WTF.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Sounds more like BB 15. That was Helen's mantra for almost all of her time in the house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You're right. I really missed the mark there. BB15 was all about "too soon" while BB16 was more about Derrick's uncanny ability to convince everyone to trust him while the stupid double HOH twist made it impossible for the minority to ever flip the house or bust up the majority alliance.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

Teek posted:

fly under the radar

Bucswabe posted:

"haaaaave to win this veto".

ToastyPotato posted:

"the time wasn't right to make a big move."

Crap, forgot these.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Fedelm posted:

100%

James315
Dec 17, 2006

315 [Mp 40] everyone

Bucswabe posted:

Production is lazy. They also love to have players throw out a red herring confessional with some variation of the phrase, "made some really good points."

As in, "I was leaning toward voting out Bob, but Jane came to me and made some really good points about keeping him around for a while." Or, "Bob made the case why we should vote out Jane. He made some great points, so I'll have to seriously think about it..."

If a player ever DR's that someone "made some good points" about doing something, the player will do the opposite of that thing by the end of the episode. And not only have they been using that device in BB US for several years now, they do it constantly on BB Canada, too.

So if anyone makes some really great points about using the veto on your favorite player or keeping them around, be very afraid.

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock

sbaldrick posted:

Lots of people, sadly most of them don't have a good fall back career like professional wrestler to fall back on.

Also I hate the loving Dentist who somehow is so bad with money he needs to win to save his parents lakehouse, WTF.

It sounds like the plot to some 80s movie. "I need $500,000 or my parents are going to lose their lakehouse, and I only have 3 months to get it!" (looks up and sees poster for Big Brother auditions) "Thats it!"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Feeds watchers: What is your honest estimate of the number of hours per week you spend watching the feeds/reading about other people who watch the feeds?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

Feeds watchers: What is your honest estimate of the number of hours per week you spend watching the feeds/reading about other people who watch the feeds?

The first week or two even though every year I say I'm not gonna do it I spend an unbelievable amount of time on the feeds. There's just a ton of poo poo going on at all hours and I get sucked in until my sleep pattern is well and properly hosed. Once I get a good bead on who is with who alliance wise do I start to taper off and by then the hamsters are much more self aware than were during the honeymoon phase of the first few weeks when they are flying fast and loose.

The first month is usually the highlight of the feeds and then the law of diminishing returns settles in as the house gets smaller. Hopefully these weekly crash twist keeps the hamsters guessing and on their toes but the jury is still out on whether Grodner's twists this year will be worth a gently caress.

RHAP has guessed that these weekly twists might be throwbacks to previous twists in the series; Like maybe one week there will be an America's Player and in another there could be a Sabatuer etc. Also interesting to note, one of the female hamsters has an identical twin so a Twin Twist could conceivably be in the cards down the road.

VvvvvVVvvv Last year was pretty horrible once Devin Has A Daughter melted down and flamed out and Derrick put the entire house on conversation lockdown. Frankie was also was a buzzkill with his spotlight hogging and "Balls balls balls in me hole" I dunno if it was the worst feeds season as I reserved that for BB5 which I could not get through with the likes of Cowboy and Savage and Holly and the Holier Than Thou Twins. After the twin reveal I just didn't care anymore. VvvvvVVvvv

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 24, 2015

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I barely watched the feeds last year. It was probably an all time low in total hours viewed. I couldn't even tell you how much I watched because I ended up giving up about halfway through and mostly just reading highlights and using the flashback thing to find them if they were interesting. Last year was a loving TERRIBLE year for feeds.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feed watching is fairly huge for me the first 6-8 weeks, begins to diminish after that. By the last few weeks I'll only check the feeds for highlights.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, for the first month or so when there's a lot of people and the game changing a lot I tend to watch a lot. Mind you, "watch" usually means having it on in the background while I do other things, but its consistent. Basically, on an average day when I get home I'll turn on either the news or sports and just leave it on in the background while I do all my chores or read or come and go. And it will stay on until sometime at night when I might decide to settle in and watch a movie or a TV show, or maybe a game.

So the feeds will just kind of fill that roll for the next month. But then I also have the terrible habit of leaving them on AFTER my "prime time viewing" and just leaving them on as I "sleep", completely destroying any kind of sleep cycle I have.

Once the house starts thinning out a bit I'll start cutting my time down and largely focusing on the big days/nights. Evictions, Nominations, POVs. Most of the major action and drama usually occurs on those days so I'll pay attention and zone out during the long waits between them.

As the house cuts down to 6-8 I usually zone out unless there's still genuine drama. But in the couple of seasons I've been watching the drama really died by the double eviction that comes at 6 or 7. The only season I kept interested in the feeds late was BB Canada 2 because there was still a lot of mystery as to how the Final Four would break down and who would take who. Plus I just liked them, which I can't say for BB15 or 16.

I'll also pay attention to Jokers Updates and OnlineBigBrother. OBB is good to just kind of catch up on what you missed when you actually have a life and give you times to flashback to. And jokers I'll just look at every once and awhile to see if anything is happening. You can usually tell if teh feed is saying "______ is sleeping/cooking/cleaning" or if there's a bunch of updates which means something is actually happening.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I pretty much follow on Twitter rather then watch the feeds themselves but I'll flashback if something interesting is happening.

I only hope that production keeps them to a daylight schedule in North America this year rather then a sleep all day one like last year.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm going to set up a thread for the non-Feeders later today unless someone beats me to it. I'll include rules about when information that didn't air can be shared with the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Already created that thread here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727488

Which in hindsight might have to be renamed. It was originally a play on the twist a week thing, but I think it might be seen as a "we talk about everything in this thread, even spoilers" title.

• Locked thread