Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, is it that time again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The wall of shame is real.

It is in your heart.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm in again this year after giving last year a break! Wooo!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Many thanks, this is it!

Ballpuppy!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

nolen posted:

I might hop in this year with a local team. Anything is better than the year I created and submitted https://www.virtualballsack.com

You are wrong and this was one of the best entries ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I had an idea for a critical omission game but now I cant remember what it was. :downs:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw yea first night of the contest...

I'm tired I'll design later.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay I'm working on:

You're a bus driver. You have no brakes.

Also those still struggling for ideas:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's a schoolbus. :haw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uuuuugh okay to learn how to do stuff better I'll not be using PlayMaker anymore and diving straight into C#. :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont forget the umlaut

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

toot toot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Critical omission: Bones

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Progress! I've gotten the bus to drive the way I want it to, so now I can start adding stuff like particles and passengers being thrown off on collisions. Let's just add a spawner to the bus on hit...

:stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also now that I know my basic idea is workable, I'll have to start looking for sound and music.

Anyone feel like whipping up a lot of children screaming and appropriate music for a game about an out of control schoolbus? :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good enough for tonight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It keeps getting worse!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know if I should be sad or relieved that the earlier test with floppy dongssausages ate itself before I could screenshot it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That shouldnt be hidden behind a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQqATz5onJI

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This gamedev is going to be filled with out of control cars. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Awright it works!

Still to do:
Gameplay: Scoring, delivery zones and victory/failure states, enemy vehicle ai?
Graphics: More models, levels!
Sound: Oh god I need a sound person! HELP

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:argh: I've been having the same issues. The bus loves flipping the gently caress over once it runs into low obstacles.

I hope we're running divergently enough though that we're not ending up with identical games. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Takanago posted:

I was able to mostly solve the flipping issues by lowering the center of mass on the player car. That produced some other issues, with the car spinning in completely bizarre orbits, or sometimes being too stable, but it's helped a lot with that.

And yeah, I hope we don't have identical games, too. :v: But seeing as there's competition in no-brakes car land, I've been leaning more into the fast, frictionless, and super-bouncy part of my idea. I think it should make our games feel pretty different to play even if our premises are pretty similar.

Oh yeah I guess that could be the easy option :v:

I was worried I'd have to do a constant orientation correction thing: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10425/how-to-stabilize-angular-motion-alignment-of-hover.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh good you've recreated:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:argh: I'm still working on the physics!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alright that grappling hook maneuver is sick

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did anyone working on car games NOT spend a ridiculous amount of time as a child playing with matchbox cars?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If there's zero gravity how is everything staying grounded? :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah uh... could you possibly have a look at how that works? I know that for the past few entries I've worked on, I've submitted, then turns out there was time extensions added.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 18, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not been doing much. Been sick most this week and then battling stupid programming and physics.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but this time there's only one submission ever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yaaaaaagh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

critical omission: dev time. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress my life. I'm just going to cobble this together into a playable state and call it done I hope.

Oh god why is my sound folder empty. :cry:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sorry! Sending you files tonight! Stuff happened!

Edit: :( is it too late?

Nah it's fine, looks like we've both had stuff happen! If you cant get stuff done just mark it on the shopping list, I'm the last person to judge :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm hosed.

But I will get that Satan head shooting flames and accepting sacrifices.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nah you got plenty of sounds done, just need to hook them all up and I can have a bus full of screaming children.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://tanteckweng.com/awfulbus/

:cry: It's so not done but its as done as it'll ever be in this month.

Now to figure out how to upload it to the site.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

So am I the only person one earth that always sees tons of errors and warnings about the unity web plugin? Now Chrome is telling me that, later this year, it will be completely unsupported?

Yeah chrome is throwing a shitfit at a whole bunch of plugins.

Also oh god why is this email confirmation taking so long to come through for the site reg, it's not going in my trash whats happening

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah jesus christ

Also should this upload thing be stuck at 0% forever. :ohdear:

• Locked thread