Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
here's a video of the first few minutes of the game that they showed off at Sony's E3 conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AME_nWcbSP8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ahundredbux posted:

I wanna drive the batmocar into criminals

I'm gonna knock a dude out then burn out the Batmobile on his unconscious body. non-lethally

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mogomra posted:

I only found out today that Black Mask is at the beginning of City... I already knew about Deadshot, Az, and Hush, but wtf.

I always notice at least one new thing every time I replay an Arkham game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rirse posted:

Should I bother to finish Arkham Origin before this comes out? I still debating if I want to get this right away, but I never finished Origins which I was given for free on the PS3 with the season pass. Last time I played was after beating Deathstroke.

the Deathstroke fight is the peak of the game imo but there are a few moments that are pretty cool

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

redbackground posted:

Seriouspost: That Batmobile combat challenge looked super un-fun. I hope that's not too representative.

It looks pretty bad but since you get bonus time for every tank you blow up I'm guessing you'll only have to put up with it for about a minute instead of 6 if you want 3 stars.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im the arkham knight, ama

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Batmobile sections look a lot like Burnout Paradise to me, just looking for stuff to smash through or ramp off of so I'll probably be one of like a dozen people who will actually enjoy the Batmobile sections.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just remembered like every video the past few days has been stressing "The Knight is a BRAND NEW CHARACTER, there's NO history there".

Haha.

they devoted hours and hours to that and everyone saw it coming a mile away lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

bonds0097 posted:

Origins was my favorite as well. I liked the Batman/Alfred bits a lot, all of the Red Hood/Killing Joke stuff and I thought the investigation bits were fun if horribly hand-holdy. Also, the boss fights were the best in all the games.

Croc was boring
Copperhead was just Ras Al Ghul with a different skin
Firefly was pure repetition
All the Bane fights can suck my dick

The only interesting boss fight was Deathstroke

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Generic Monk posted:

so apparently there's a 'controveresy' regarding this review and the guy's 7/10 score which on top of not being bad seems perfectly warranted given his reasoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1xnre-sIWI

gamers deserve nothing

you have to understand that in gaming journalism terms a 7 is pretty much a 0

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don't really like motion blur but I sit far enough away from my screen that it doesn't affect me too badly

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

A. Beaverhausen posted:

For the knight of a AAA release this thread is pretty quiet, huh.

ive got a 6 hour patch download ahead of me so fart

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

plape tickler posted:

I was pleased my ps4 version was working at least after seeing this thread composed of 99% pc problems. Go to start the game again and it says I'm locked out for 83 days. :cool:

scarecrow strikes again

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Feenix posted:

Still just starting (on PS4). I preordered. Should I have access to any skins at this point? If so, where the gently caress do I change into them?

try Extras in the main menu

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow there's an honest to god Birds of Prey reference in this game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goddamn, I was wondering why the previews for this game looked so much faster than when I was playing it.

Then I got the new Batsuit, holy poo poo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you can just throw explosive gel on dudes now hahaha

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
my only complaint so far seems to be that fighting random dudes on the street doesnt give you experience anymore.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Narcissus1916 posted:

Do we eventually unlock the grapple move that lets you reverse direction? I'm after ace chemicals right now.

Also, is there a way to avoid the thugs that grab you and force you to mash the button to break free? Not the "instantly KO" guys, the other ones.

Enjoying AK, though it is VERY different from previous entries. Fanservice is still mighty awesome though.

I think it's unlocked by default, just hold back while grappling.

the goons that grab you dont have a counter icon but they telegraph themselves by opening up their arms for a big hug, so you can just evade over them when you see that. they always come from behind so just watch your back

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ethanol posted:

it says they did the pc port of origins and apparently that was fine though

it had a bug that would delete your save files and leave you permanently stuck underground with no way to get out except by starting a new game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just got to the first "big twist" and it loving rules

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Officer Boulden is my favorite new character

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Oh cool, I was fighting a random group of thugs when all of a sudden one of them turned into Joker.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

How do I unlock those 3d animated character models.. Riddler poo poo?

riddler poo poo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Yaos posted:

You can see stuff like that right around the start of the game. I had beat up a random bunch of thugs for the hell of it and turned around and there was a dude standing on a car doing nothing. He had a gas mask on and when I threw a batarang at him he vanished.

honestly that might just be a glitch, I've seen lots of random thugs just standing on hot dog carts and stuff for no reason, doing nothing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think Batman's starting to lose it guys

SPOILERS IN THE LINK
http://i.imgur.com/PU30pkg.jpg

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kin posted:

Oh yeah, what's with the boxes of cockroaches on the airship?

If you remember that secret Scarecrow room in Arkham City it says Scarecrow bought a bunch of bugs for "medical research", might have something to do with that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ChibiSoma posted:

Multiple failures on the very first Riddler thing and I already want to murder everyone at Rocksteady who made this trash that no one wanted. That's what Arkham needed - lovely racecourses in a squirrelly car that flips at the slightest bump and takes 5 seconds to come to a complete halt (because Batman wants to be careful not to damage his invincible super-vehicle?) before it can flip back over.

And the overpriced season pass includes more of these does it? Not a 'nope' big enough to express how not down for that I am.

Is there an upgrade for the Batmobile that makes it not control like rear end?

SO IT BEGINS

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Saint Freak posted:

I am really appreciating that they they just said 'gently caress it' and gave you a bullet time suit and a rocket launcher and a tachikoma and a half-dozen gadgets and the ability to shoot yourself into geosynchronous orbit in the first 30 minutes of the game.

Also the remote-controlled batarang lasts an entire minute now and you can crash it into poo poo and it just bounces off and keeps going.

Yeah I really like how if you glide into a wall at an angle instead of just pausing on the wall Batman will just kick off it and keep going instead

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
There seems to be a lack of challenge maps compared to the previous games, seems like you can only play as Batman in the challenge maps too.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MinibarMatchman posted:

holy poo poo youve got to be kidding me.

I'm not that far in so there might be some I haven't found yet but this seems to be the case. Looks like they took out my favorite part of the Arkham franchise and either forgot about it or they're going to package it as DLC in the season pass.

thanks rocksteady

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

The Joker is extremely good. He's pretty much at his best for the series.. the poo poo he says about Barbara in the Clock Tower had me like 😂

the voicemails he leaves in your office at Wayne Tower and the way he handles the "ambush" after you meet Penguin for the first time are great

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Broseph Brostar posted:

Ironically, all of these profits they are losing will only lead to less support for releasing AAA games

It's a lose/lose for everyone

it's business 101 that your costs are drastically reduced by making sure your products actually work before selling it to people

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Feenix posted:

PS4 folk:

2 questions:

1) Despite everything PS4 and otherwise working online, I am told by the game I am not connected to PSN re: Leaderboard stuff. Anyone else?

2) What are those orange batman head-to-head icons you can earn in challenges?

1- the leaderboard servers seem to poo poo themselves every now and again, I have the same problem as well

2- those are "Gotham Guardian" symbols, they're basically the new scoring system for leaderboards

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like all the new stealth and combat options they give you, too bad there's not much opportunity to actually use any of this poo poo because there's no challenge maps.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

ahahahaahahah this is great

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don't know if they tell you this in game but you can immediately transition from a Juggle Strike into a Critical Beat Down move, it looks really cool and if you do it on a thug that's already knocked out by the first hit Batman just flips them over and slams them down on the ground.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mogomra posted:

Oh yeah, I definitely activated the Harley Quinn Story Pack on Steam, but I still can't find the option to play it anywhere. If I go to Downloadable Content in the main menu, it just says I purchased the Season Pass and gives me a link to the store page for it. I must be missing something.

It's under "Arkham Stories" or something like that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Adun posted:

Was the Arkham Origins PC release this hosed up? Apparently it was outsourced to the same company that did Arkham Origins.

I played it last year when it was part of one of the Steam sales and the port seemed great, so I guess the question is whether or not there's any hope for this port. I ended up buying a code for it for $20 anyways so it's not a massive loss but I'd love to actually have a playable game.

It was very glitchy upon release and had bugs that would permanently ruin your save file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

James Woods Fan posted:

I...don't care for this game. I think it's franchise fatigue.

ok

• Locked thread