Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Place your bets on the identity of the Arkham Knight!
Azreal
Hush
Azazel
Quincy Sharp
Azayzel
The Joker
Aziz Ansari

It's gonna be a clone.

Of the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Darke GBF posted:

The Arkham Knight is an entity that came about when Bruce Wayne's immense psychic power combined with Joker's insanity.

The Arkham Knight is Vince McMahon.

It was me, Austin!Batman! It was me all along!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

The Batmobile can literally drive through trees, concrete pillars and street lights I cant understand how people are having trouble chasing after Firefly or APCs.

The APCs are annoying because sometimes they just rocket ahead and no matter how well I drive or how much afterburner I use, I can't catch up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

UnsuitableWasp posted:

I'm kinda disappointed with the plot this time around. The plots have always been absurd in the Arkham games but this time I felt they aimed for bigger and badder for both plot and villain and never delivered.

Barbara dying- seriously Batman didn't send a squad car to pick up her body at least so it doesn't rot in the streets-and see there isn't actually one...come on. And lucky for him, she wasn't dead because he never told Tim about her.

In regards to your spoiler, you have a chance to tell Tim. It's after you toss him into the containment pod. You can go up and there's a prompt to tell him about Barbara.

Cat Machine posted:

Is there a map of all the watchtower locations? I need to clear them all off to get the second ending and fuuuuuuuuuuck flying around the city looking for them

I thought they were easy to find. You just go up to a high vantage point and look for red lights on buildings.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arkham Knight has the best recreation of a fight from the Matrix movies ever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kin posted:

Ok, so a quick one, if i'm looking at the overall map and i can see riddler challenge counters in the bottom left, they're counting the ones that should be remaining visible on my map right?

It's just i've got 5 listed down there for Miagani Island and none are are actually showing up on the map.

I've still got 7 to find on founders island, but my counters are all 0 for that and i've collected all the ones that were on the map.

Is it bugged or am i missing something?

Check the areas located in them.

Like, the subway system counts in the island total. The Arkham Knight's HQ might too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kin posted:

How do i get back into the sewers (under construction) on founders island? I've gone into the lift and charged it up with the batmobile but nothing happens.

Turn the Batmobile. It doesn't go straight in, it goes in sideways.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SectumSempra posted:

Has anyone who has collected all the riddler trophies feel like theres a good reason theres 200 instead of like 90?

Nah. Some of the puzzles are pretty fun, but the breakables and most the trophies are just silly.

But I really recommend everyone do it because the end fight with Riddler is really fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Beef Chief posted:

Arkham Knight should've pulled off the mask and revealed himself as Troy Baker, that would've been a pretty cool twist.

Am I the only one who thinks Troy Baker and Nolan North sound alike? So it's like I hear one voice all the time in games.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Troy Baker and Nolan North actually have a fair bit of variety. The problem is that they're cast in very similar roles frequently. Troy Baker is asked to play the same role, using the same voice, all the drat time.

Oh yeah, I know. I just confuse them when they both use that same voice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

Agreed. Even though the fight itself was silly bullshit, that whole setpiece was a wonderful thing to behold because of that performance.

Does the Batmobile ever get the ability to power winch two things at once? Up until now I've been leaving all the trophies that look like they might need this until later, but I'm nearing the end now and I'm starting to think that's not the solution. It's frustrating when you don't know which trophies you can get and which you can't with your current upgrades.

No, it doesn't do that.

You don't need any upgrades to get trophies as far as I can remember. You need some gadgets, but no upgrades.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a harpy posted:

gently caress, this made me lose it. I was linked to this thread by someone else for a totally different reason but I can't stop watching that first one.

Someone mod the game so whenever Batman enters a room that clip plays.

"Batman! Aaaaaa!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Pretty sure the entire point of the ending is to be ambiguous.

It's the ME3 ending all over again!

:speculate:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How did Bruce react to Dick being Batman?

He let him keep being Batman in Gotham while Bruce went and did stuff with the Justice League and recruited other people to be Batman all over the world.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hav posted:

Thanks for the explanation. At the risk of creating a war, can anyone recommend Batman graphic novels _beyond_ Year One, Dark Knight Returns and Killing joke? I have more money to spend on comics now.

Batman & Robin.

You get a fun Batman and a grumpy Robin and a really good story.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, the Red Hood dlc is even shorter than the Harley one.

I wish they would let you select characters in challenge maps already, or do free roam. It's a terrible decision to leave those out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Since I assume people who got the DLC did it postgame, if you do it during the game does Joker have any appearances or lines?

Also I liked the Croc fight. I got to see Nightwing give him an RKO.

• Locked thread