Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's ungodly expensive and the vast majority of people could never ever afford to keep a horse soo.... yes, obviously whites adore it

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i saw mumford and sons with my dad for fathers day and i'm pretty sure i only saw like three black people the entire night

and this was not a small concert

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
loving christ equestrian singles is a disturbing phrase

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

reverieeee posted:

i saw mumford and sons with my dad for fathers day and i'm pretty sure i only saw like three black people the entire night

this is most concerts, including rap/hip hop

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I spend a lot of time at the track. I see diversity.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive known ~4 people that had/have horses and 2 of them have suffered skull & brain injuries from being tossed by them. so add "surprisingly dangerous" to the list of horse person perks.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
lets be honest at least one of those sites is a front for horse beastiality

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thathonkey posted:

ive known ~4 people that had/have horses and 2 of them have suffered skull & brain injuries from being tossed by them. so add "surprisingly dangerous" to the list of horse person perks.

honestly is it really surprising at all

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

loving christ equestrian singles is a disturbing phrase

There are a lot of horse people dating sites

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

reverieeee posted:

and they only showed up by accident b/c they thought it was a sanford & son concert

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

and they only showed up by accident b/c they thought it was a sanford & son concert

actually two of them were staff and the other guy was with a bunch of white people

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I hear that to autistic girls, horses are their version of trains

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Horse are Excellent Way to murder your least favored younglings. Examples:

What are helmets?

This is not a horse nor White Child. I'm posting it in White People + Horses thread to demonstrate this Brown child's abilities to domesticate a wild Mongolian Steppe Dog.

Can you see where the horse is in this picture? It is wearing a keen disguise!

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i punched a horse in the face

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

17 Things Horse People Do That Shock and Sometimes Disturb Non-horse People posted:

Karlie Mitchell lays it all out there.

From Karlie:

I get a lot of shocked and sometimes disturbed looks from non-horse people over things I do or admit to doing regarding my horses quite regularly. Here are a few from a never-ending list:

Wearing old worn out clothes while your horse runs around tearing up brand new blankets

Refusing to get a manicure or pedicure or anything along that lines, yet your horse needs regular trims and perfectly clean and moisturized hooves

Sheath cleaning

Temperature taking

Eating a sandwich or snack in the barn with your dirty hands, yet once in the city you are reluctant to touch door handles

Getting up super early on weekends for horse shows

How much you spent on vet bills

Talking to your horses excessively: “GUYS stop fighting over food right now!” “Awee did you like your treats?” “BOYSSS come get your treats!!” “Ooo you like when I scratch your rump don’t you??”

Family pictures but instead of a family it is just you and your horses

When you get upset because your friend or family cannot tell your horses apart

Your “nice” or “expensive” clothing is your show clothes or fancy barn clothes

Bought a truck with nice leather seats that smells soooo clean… let’s just throw this sweaty and dirty tack on these nice clean seats and enjoy the aroma of barn while driving

When company comes over to your house and you have to abandon them to go do chores because the horses do not like when their feeding is late

Discussing mares in heat with horse people around non-horse people

Discussing worm counts and vet fecal tests

When a friend opens your fridge and find horse vaccines

When someone notices horse teeth somewhere in your house being stored like treasures

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Fonzarelli posted:

that's not wrong

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
bring back khagans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

is sheath cleaning... what i think it is

E: i went out w a horse girl when i was in high school and i swear she mentioned something about this once but ever since ive never been sure if i was just loving misremembering it

oh btw i think its dong stuff

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

tomstuart posted:

lets be honest at least one of those sites is a front for horse beastiality

i'm guessing this one or all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Horses are big stupid animals that have no sense of self preservation and will literally run into a ditch and break all their legs, or get scared by a squirrel or something and fall over dead. It is no surprise white people like horses because white people are stupid too.

Why would you want an animal that's so dumb it didn't even evolve the ability to throw up? When Peanuts or Sparkles has an upset stomach, it costs hundreds to get it pumped.

Edit: i forgot about "sheathe" cleaning. Horses are also so stupid they get rocks and dirt stuck in their foreskin so you need to pay someone to do that too.

Incomplete Fish fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 18, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
horses, all day long... do you have any idea how dull horses are?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOCw3JPMaE :nws:

god damnit i googled it its worse than i ever thought do not click this link bafpojsafnksafmnakn

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Fonzarelli posted:

that's pretty fuckin hot

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i'd like to nominate fencing as the whitest thing, since horses still have practical applications outside of their associated rich white people "sports". same with sailing/rowing.

edit: same with archery/skiing

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

i'd like to nominate fencing as the whitest thing, since horses still have practical applications outside of their associates rich white people "sports". same with sailing/rowing.

edit: same with archery/skiing

golf is whiter because it requires tons of land just to play a stupid rear end rich person game on

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

thathonkey posted:

golf is whiter because it requires tons of land just to play a stupid rear end rich person game on

there's also public courses for golf, whereas there aren't any public fencing rooms. golf is a close second place for fencing's first

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osq-lwEb4WA

The most noble of all olympic sports.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Wedemeyer posted:

This is not a horse nor White Child. I'm posting it in White People + Horses thread to demonstrate this Brown child's abilities to domesticate a wild Mongolian Steppe Dog.

that's a fuzzy horse

wanna pet datte horseh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Horses are really wonderful, sorry you beep boops don't have emotions or care about things.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

goons have recently decided that horses are problematic, theres a BFC thread where goons are seething about them for pages and pages. also goons have decided that horses are pussies who are scared of everything, despite them being the stars of war for centuries. news: nobody on this forum know what the hell they're talking about.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

top 10 whitest sports:
1) fencing
2) golf
2) big game hunting (tied w/golf)
3) horse
4) boat
5) skeet shooting
6) archery
7) snowboarding
8) bow hunting
9) skiing
10) cricket

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Horses are really wonderful, sorry you beep boops don't have emotions or care about things.

Quirky Things Only Horse People Do posted:

Have you ever gotten strange looks for something you’ve done that you realize later only riders would do or understand?

We asked ourselves what quirky things horse riders do and came up with a few ideas, like wearing new tall boots out to dinner, holding extension cords like a lead rope and pocketing peppermints from restaurants for the next horse you’ll see.

You came up with many more quirks when we asked for your ideas on Facebook. Here are some of our favorite responses:

Calling “Door” whenever you walk through double doors.

Clucking and kissing whenever someone or something is not moving fast enough for you.

Poking ribs and/or saying “over” instead of asking someone to move over.

Telling people, animals and inanimate objects “whoa” when you want to slow down.

Saying “easy, easy” when calming down people or other animals.

Saying “walk on” when the stop light changes.

Whistling or whinnying for people and horses.

Using bailing twine for nearly everything; belts, hair ties, leashes, fixing fences, etc.

Asking other people if you smell like horse because you can’t tell nor do you care.

Telling someone, “Don’t pin you ears at me!” when they’re grumpy.

Wearing barn clothes in public, including breeches even after you’ve ridden bareback.

Loping or cantering instead of running or jogging.

Saying “foot” when tying shoes or putting socks on children.

Mounting bicycles, tractors and ATVs only from the left.

Riding an ATV in proper riding position on bumpy roads.

Wearing cowboy boots with shorts on.

Knowing other horse people even though you don’t know them.

More great responses from Facebook and Twitter:

Wearing spurs anywhere and everywhere.

Introducing siblings as “full brother” or “full sister.”

Using starch to iron jeans.

Judging people like they were in a halter class.

Share this post on Facebook to keep the conversation going!

Make sure you like the American Quarter Horse Association page on Facebook to keep up with what’s new at AQHA and for fun posts like these.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
those white girls all want to gently caress their horses

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

opus111 posted:

goons have recently decided that horses are problematic, theres a BFC thread where goons are seething about them for pages and pages. also goons have decided that horses are pussies who are scared of everything, despite them being the stars of war for centuries. news: nobody on this forum know what the hell they're talking about.

Horses are weak fragile twig animals who need people to survive, which is why they immediately established in North America and Australia the second colonists accidentally left their paddocks open.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pick posted:

its p funny that you're equating "whitest thing" to something negative. sounds like you have some growing up to do.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

golf is a working class sport in the country where it was invented. newsflash: goons don't know what the hell they're talking abiout.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

opus111 posted:

goons have recently decided that horses are problematic, theres a BFC thread

yeah that's where you lost me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
polo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Pick posted:

Horses are weak fragile twig animals who need people to survive, which is why they immediately established in North America and Australia the second colonists accidentally left their paddocks open.

they rode into battles that would make you poo poo yourself. the standard of living you enjoy is thanks to horses.

• Locked thread