Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
console games are all loving horrible, thats the main problem with consoles. the games are satan's AIDS-infested turds

so if you want to play good games, pc is not so much the cheap option as the only option, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
But how does that work since 90% of pc games are console games, the other 10% being MOBAs, early access indie garbage and f2p?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The PC gamers in the comments on Youtube videos seem like really cool well rounded people I'd go w that because then you can play games with them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

But how does that work since 90% of pc games are console games, the other 10% being MOBAs, early access indie garbage and f2p?

total war, any paradox game, any RTS game, wtf are you talking about? and not all early access indie games are poo poo, just look at Kerbal Space Program or Rimworld.

besides the PC version of the console game is almost always better

e: war thunder, xcom, civilization, cities skylines

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 21, 2015

bulletproofjesus
May 2, 2015
PC gaming is usually far more serious than console gaming in my experience and tends to be more competitive. Also steam sales are loving amazing.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Nintendo totally owns Sega, you scrub.

Also, my dad drives a better car than your dad. :smug:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i sure like my games to be serious, so that i, a grown-up man, can stroke my beard thoughtfully while i devote my evening to the biggest waste of time and energy ever conceived by humankind, which is better than the people doing it for fun.

bulletproofjesus
May 2, 2015

opus111 posted:

i sure like my games to be serious, so that i, a grown-up man, can stroke my beard thoughtfully while i devote my evening to the biggest waste of time and energy ever conceived by humankind, which is better than the people doing it for fun.

:chillout:

bulletproofjesus fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 21, 2015

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
I know my PC will run games at 1080p @60fps+ unlike those tv gaming boxes the poors have.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

opus111 posted:

biggest waste of time and energy ever conceived by humankind,

posting into the void of the Internet easily claims that title

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Worst thing about Consoles is trying to play FPS or RTS without a mouse and keyboard.

*holds left stick left and waits for character to slowly rotate whilst being shot in the bum*

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

spud posted:

Worst thing about Consoles is trying to play FPS or RTS without a mouse and keyboard.

*holds left stick left and waits for character to slowly rotate whilst being shot in the bum*

yeah, I'm a keyboard/mouse shooter and going over to a friends house and playing on a console with a controller is impossible for me. I'm just a running target

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On the other hand, as a person who plays on consoles I have no idea how you guys use a keyboard and mouse to play games. Well, I get the mouse part of it but keyboards are the worst thing I've ever tried to play a game with.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

opus111 posted:

Video games aren't the biggest waste of time and energy ever conceived by humankind, at least not while you're still around.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Both next-gen consoles are just AMD PCs from like 2009.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spud posted:

lmao it's why consoles have obvious auto-aim and huge hitboxes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

On the other hand, as a person who plays on consoles I have no idea how you guys use a keyboard and mouse to play games. Well, I get the mouse part of it but keyboards are the worst thing I've ever tried to play a game with.

it's not that bad once you get used to it.

wasd are your arrow keys, basically everything (in a decent game) should be within finger's reach of those so you don't really ever move your hand from one position on the keyboard. plus any game that exists on PC and console can be played with a controller on a PC. usb controllers for PC have existed since at least the 90s.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I gave PC gaming a shot long enough to realize I'd never get used to using a keyboard. People saying they are good for games have probably been using them their whole lives. if you take that context away using a keyboard for anything but maybe strategy games seems weird to me.

Even the mouse, while technically way more accurate than a controller is less fun to me because it feels like I'm just clicking on poo poo and their isn't much physical feedback. I've thought about just going to PC before but I like online shooters and I don't feel like getting wrecked by everyone using a mouse while I'm using a 360 controller or something.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

You can use a wired xbone controller or, soon, a wireless one, on PC.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

OlmanRiver posted:

you can't make a computer that costs 500 dollars play fallout 4. There is no way.

it really depends how many simultaneous 3rd party mods and patches you'll need to get it running in the first place

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

NESguerilla posted:

I gave PC gaming a shot long enough to realize I'd never get used to using a keyboard. People saying they are good for games have probably been using them their whole lives. if you take that context away using a keyboard for anything but maybe strategy games seems weird to me.

Even the mouse, while technically way more accurate than a controller is less fun to me because it feels like I'm just clicking on poo poo and their isn't much physical feedback. I've thought about just going to PC before but I like online shooters and I don't feel like getting wrecked by everyone using a mouse while I'm using a 360 controller or something.

would you have us believe that you don't have a job/occupation that involves typing on a computer all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

PC gaming isn't that expensive unless you buy a gaming laptop, in which case you either travel a lot or you're an idiot (or both).

• Locked thread