Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

historical amnesia: the darkie descent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

social vegan posted:

historical amnesia: the darkie descent

lol

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp

ArmZ posted:

a historically accurate underground railroad game would be interesting

I've been thinking about this idea all day long. I haven't stipulated any time period in the kick and a survival horror game which starts out with a slave revolt and your escape to the North could have a lot of potential.

InvincibleMadHouse fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 19, 2015

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love takes place in New York City. At one point the main character, a Japanese man, must enter Harlem. The instant the main character crosses into Harlem, he is attacked by black people with knives.

Edit: Later in that chapter, you return to Harlem inside your mech and smash up then joint.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 19, 2015

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
There's always Redneck Rampage. The protagonist might not be black, but you do get to fulfill your dreams of blowing away southern rednecks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caOPx-VRbFU

http://download.cnet.com/Redneck-Rampage-demo/3000-2095_4-10005377.html

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
now on steam greenlight: Heart of Darkness, a Harem Romance VN where you're the beau of the plantation. Will you woo the delicate house maid, the strong willed stablegirl, or progressively enough, will you go gay and lust after the broad shouldered field hand? All the while trying to avoid the prying eyes of your father, the owner of the plantation.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Rutibex posted:

i liked GTA San Andreas though

drat straight. Just played through it again this past weekend, finally unlocked the Hydra.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
the one game where getting arrested by the police sometimes ends with you getting extra items put in your inventory

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You should put it in New York and have the police constantly stop and frisk you along with people in horrible accents calling you racial slurs.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
According to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, the "liberal elite" in the north east are more racist than people in the deep south, so maybe that would be a better setting for the game?

(or are you too brainwashed by the media to believe that the north is way more racist than the south?)

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ArmZ posted:

a historically accurate underground railroad game would be interesting

Mission: US - Flight to Freedom is probably the closest you'll get. It's a free low-budget educational game aimed at middle-schoolers that doesn't deal all that much with the horrors of slavery, but the escape sim part drives home just how easy it was to get caught and how much a successful trip North depended on dumb luck.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom!_%28video_game%29 Already existed.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

John Denver Hoxha posted:

the one game where getting arrested by the police sometimes ends with you getting extra items put in your inventory

lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Where is the Dorner mod for skyrim?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i think this is actually a mod for Sir, You Are Being Hunted

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
concept scenario: your character comes home from work to discover his house key is missing from his inventory. You decide to climb in through a window. Just as you are settling into bed the police knock on your door yelling for you to open up. If you do anything other than immediately run to open the door for them, the swat team arrives, breaks down your door, and a 1-100 rng rolls (higher than 75) to see if you survive the onslaught. If you open up the door when asked, you will still be thrown to the ground, handcuffed, and assaulted, but your odds of survival go up 50%. A separate rng determine whether you spend the weekend in jail for burglarizing your own home. Non-compliant dialogue choices significantly increase your risk of injury and death.

• Locked thread