Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

no, it was me. i wrote ready player one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Madcosby posted:

hahaha i forgot about that part. ya that was one of the worst chapters ever put in print

it was unforgivably bad. honestly some of the worst writing I've ever encountered

ok wait at this point I am almost able to believe anything about internet nerd culture,

but is this real?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

as a real sci fi enthusiast I only read the russian greats like lem or asimov

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Groovelord Neato posted:

Or The Stars My Destination.

thanks for reminding me I recently bought that book and almost forgot about it

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

what I dont get is why the 80s stuff is still so popular with young people. Look at reddit all the "gamer" fags keep posting pictures of their dumb mario pixel art or TMNT tattoo and they were often not even born in the 80s.

• Locked thread