Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I love that their trust issues weren't resolved in one episode.

I really liked that fact that there solution was to just ultimately break the device rather than sort out their feelings and trust issues in a ham fisted way.

I think I might have missed a couple of details but what was the significance of the company planning poo poo in Westerly?

I thought they already owned everything in the Quad and given that Westerly is a shithole and most people have problems even leaving it, it all seems kind of pointless unless they were planning on purging the place to prevent an uprising.

We've had the episodes with the land rights, the DNA weapon and the revelation that the company can now turn soldiers against themselves so before this, I would have thought the overall plot was about parts of the Nine/the Company, making a move on itself so they could have a bigger share of everything, not really the beginnings of a class war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Dutch's dad hired Klyhen to train her to succeed him and take revenge on the other families is my guess. Either that or the whole upper echelon of the RAC is against Qreshi families.

It seemed pretty personal. Isn't the RAC also much, much bigger than the Company?

The Company/Qreshi Nine only operate in this solar system but the RAC are everywhere in the galaxy.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I am bad at watching TV but the finale confused the hell out of me and I don't think I have time to watch it again.

As I understand it, the lower classes who live on Westerly had a deal with the upper classes on Qresh that they could move to the middle class if they served them for seven generations. Seven generations later, Westerly wants to take it's place but the guys on Leith (the middle class) and some of the Qreshian families aren't happy about it. They put the thing to a vote instead of honouring the agreement which is why the riots start. I think that episode in the woods with the DNA bomb was a bunch of Leith guys worried about their lands getting stolen or something?

Anyway Dutch and Johnny get sent to Qresh to protect the deal going down but it's really Khlyen trying to protect them from the bombing of Westerly.

To summarize, at the end,
  • We discover that the RAC aren't neutral at all and helped staged the coup,
  • Red 117 is in the Quad and it's where the RAC upgrades guys to Level 6. Presumably the military and other parties are trying to look for it which is where that torture AI came in.
  • Level 6 involves genetic upgrades to the point where you're near invincible. Khlyen didn't die or even bleed from being stabbed multiple times and the other level 6 survived a needle to the eye.
  • The Doctor is literally a princess and probably one of the only surviving members of royalty assuming the DNA bomb wiped almost everyone out
  • There's something 'big' that's physically coming into the Quad that Khlyen wants Dutch to prepare for and deal with which is why he wants her to get 'upgraded' to level 6
  • Fancy Lee and Davin are presumably upgraded to level 6.

Was that the gist of it?

I know show, not tell is great for story telling but there seems to be so many things going on that it's easy to miss out on all the details.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I don't know but it feels like aliens are a bit out of reach since both Johnny and his contact were able to recognize, decipher and utilize the tech. I think it's just really advanced.

Maybe it's from the future and my Continuum/Killjoys/Dark Matter fanfic becomes a reality or maybe they'll just bust out the puppets and go full Farscape.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wow I am most shocked that Defiance had the best ratings of these 3 shows on SyFridays

I watch all 3 and Defiance is legitimately the better show by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

This pseudo-alien invasion story line sounds like they're writing themselves into a corner they won't be able to budget themselves out of.

How expensive can green slime cost? :v:

• Locked thread