Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I don't think a bigger budget is necessary, you'd just end up with more or prettier establishing shots of their spaceships at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I don't think she's actually that bad, but the character isn't much to work with in the first place.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
At least they're trying to do something different with the music in this show, I can't help but feel like I'm watching some generic medical procedural when I hear the "music" in Dark Matter.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm seriously convinced that more than any other factor killed interest in the show. I bet all those people that tuned in for the first episode got stuck around for the opening teaser and checked out after the intro. Rod Stewart or the guy they used to cover him isn't even some capital offense on it's own, it's just... a total WTF choice for a Star Trek series theme that I can't explain.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It's cute how both this show and Dark Matter have the dystopian nightmare future where everything is owned and run by rich people and most everybody else eats poo poo but neither one appears to have the balls to tackle these issues directly

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Mars4523 posted:

This show has spent multiple episodes doing just that.

You know what, you're right. Killjoys seems more interested in addressing these issues as more than just set dressing, I guess it's too tempting to try to equivocate it with Dark Matter in my mind.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

You can choose a picture of SG1 in the middle of a forest, oh poo poo it doesn't look scifi!!

The most fun part of Dark Matter is trying to pick out all the bits and pieces of leftover poo poo from the Stargate franchise gets reused, like Space Ninja's P90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The dialogue in this show is fun without becoming irritatingly Whedonesque

• Locked thread