Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

WarLocke posted:

Still watching the episode, but almost the first thing that hit me when it started was that the bounty hunter guy was cast because he resembles Chris Pratt, huh.

No I'm pretty sure it was because Syfy already had Aaron Ashmore's number on file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr_Amazing posted:

How Cowboy Bebop is this?

I would give it 5/10 CB's. It has a few similar themes but I didn't even notice until you asked that question

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Pretty weird to hear the Strike Back theme song opening this episode.

Way too many things use Short Change Hero in their soundtrack

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Let me do a little cinematography appreciation here:

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, but Dark Matter does that too.

Not that there aren't poo poo shots in both shows, but I feel like Dark Matter consistently looks more like this:

First off, what are they looking at? Something on the ground sure, but where? They're looking somewhere to the left of the screen when they really should be looking somewhere to the middle of the screen, everyone's eyes are focused away from where the camera wants you to look. Meanwhile if I didn't know this was from Dark Matter I'd assume it was some generic action movie where a modern Special Forces team was following a lead on a stolen nuke in an abandoned East European factory. Nothing about it feels sci-fi

Open Source Idiom posted:

than this:

I mean, it's probably partly a matter of taste, but I feel that the second one is handsdown the better image even if it wasn't the one with the better quality.

Now the guy on the right is a professional badass, you can tell by how he carries himself and the tight black T-shirt is usually a good signal that this character does badass poo poo for a living but is taking a break from that right now. The transparent cellphone does just enough to remind you that this is the future without being too weird about it. The guy on the left is wearing vestments that make you think "Monk" but the color scheme and hairstyle is unfamiliar so you know right away he's part of a Space Religion that will become popular in a few hundred years. All the while you can tell by how they look at each other and how the shot frames them that it's a Serious Conversation, but they're not close friends.

TL;DR version: The top image tells you nothing, the bottom image tells you everything.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Kwyndig posted:

The school has clearly been broken by some kind of evil experiment.

If I get attacked by zombie kids I'm gonna be sooo mad :argh:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
It's a family baptismal font :ohdear:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Pawter's mom is awful

Wait We have a ritual for leaving :geno:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Kwyndig posted:

Mind swap!

The most awkward of mind swaps

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Combat Pretzel posted:

Kind of implies alien artifacts down the story line. Unless they're going with the annoying trope/belief that only secret organizations have top scientists and subdue anyone else.

I got the impression that it's more that everyone could get an FTL drive and long distance communicator, but it's prohibitively expensive and used only by essential transporting businesses and the military.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
D'avin made him explode :psyboom:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Renewed :woop:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww callbacks :unsmith:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Kwyndig posted:

Well, I guess that clears out that storyline. Now what?

They stopped the green ooze from taking over but they still want to and have every reason to dismantle the ruling class of the Quad. Probably by assassinating all 9 of the families

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww Lucy won't let him leave :3:

EDIT: You need a wingman, and she has a gun-arm :3: :3:

• Locked thread