Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kegslayer posted:

I think I might have missed a couple of details but what was the significance of the company planning poo poo in Westerly?

I thought they already owned everything in the Quad and given that Westerly is a shithole and most people have problems even leaving it, it all seems kind of pointless unless they were planning on purging the place to prevent an uprising.

We've had the episodes with the land rights, the DNA weapon and the revelation that the company can now turn soldiers against themselves so before this, I would have thought the overall plot was about parts of the Nine/the Company, making a move on itself so they could have a bigger share of everything, not really the beginnings of a class war.

It's probably due to all the 7th Generation contracts coming due. The company is going to kick off a rebellion with some false-flag bullshit and then use it as cover to cull all the late generation Westerlins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread