Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Didn't feel too strongly one way or the other. I'll give it a few more eps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Much better ep than the pilot. I do hope they resolve the PTSD flashbacks soon or it could be real annoying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Magical nanomachines that can heal anything short of brain death lol

Obviously the first and best thing to use this discovery for is to torture people! Super soldier that is basically unkillable? Nah, TORTURE!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kwyndig posted:

Since they take external commands actually fielding soldiers with them would be an electronic warfare nightmare. While the team didn't have the resources to hack the program imagine being able to instantly cripple an opposing army because you hacked their tiny healing robots. Also it didn't do anything about the pain it looked like so they'd hardly be super soldiers unless you wanted to field an army of crazies like the guard.

It didn't do anything about the pain because the point of it was torture. And I'm sure in a universe where you have super healing nanomachines, you can make a computer small enough for soldiers to wear that can give them healing instructions or whatever.

My point is that was a bad episode which is a shame since the previous few have been pretty decent.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

I have to say, I love the Dutch-John partnership. It was a great reveal that John already knows the whole story about Dutch's mysterious past, at least enough to be afraid of her tutor (who is apparently invulnerable), and really adds to their sense of shared history.

This was also a good episode for some worldbuilding, with the greater killjoy community and some of the political tensions being explored. I do hope Pawter isn't gone for good though, she's great.

Genetic bomb is a pretty good weapon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Death by super acid rain is pretty :black101: Also setting up for class war!

I love that their trust issues weren't resolved in one episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm level 6 :aaaaa:

Also goddamn the plot is moving fast. But I guess that is expected since the finale is next week.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You just wait. He will be back better than ever. With even fancier gadgets :(

Disappointed that neither Dutch or John grabbed that sweet genetic bomb. The best weapon :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wow I am most shocked that Defiance had the best ratings of these 3 shows on SyFridays

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well, at least it's short. :geno:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Poor D'avin. Just can't stop getting mind raped. At least Fancy Lee got regen powers, even if he is working for Kline now.

I guess Irisa found a new job after Defiance ended. Shame she didn't stick around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol new villain wasted no time. Why be subtle when you can just be a huge dick from the start!

"Officer Oonan has a headache" :v:

I'm also loving Pree's backstory of being a criminal and warlord but only because the reveals are done in a comedic fashion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

New thread title owns.

gj escaping your inbred captor only to get clubbed from behind Pawter.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Uh, that's kind of an anticlimactic way to resolve Pawter being kidnapped.

I did like that she freed herself even from her new captors.

Fancy Lee and Kline roadtrip :neckbeard:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

It's a family baptismal font :ohdear:

They are riiiiich

So how did Pawter end up as the head? of the family. I was assuming that her sister was next in line since Pawter was disowned. Or maybe exile is different from losing your inheritance? Or did her sister pardon her?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 30, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Atreiden posted:

Could be both, she just say she created the pathogene to deny the planet to those who would take it. But she also says she created to protect the planet and the people from some threat. I doubt the two moons can actually threaten Qresh/the nine.

I liked that Klein casual drops that he used to command the black roots and that they have access to faster than light communication.

Yea I liked the casual mention of him having access to better technology. That line + the fact that they went from the quad to the rear end end of their known galaxy to meet with D'avin's dad in a relatively short span of time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Polaron posted:

So, the big threat everyone's preparing for...It's Earth, right?

I hope they come in and are like "wtf you backwater hicks, some being dicks to your workers" and slap them around a bit.

Also they have FTL communication and other stuff that the quad considers super advanced tech but is just normal stuff to them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pree owns. "I prefer stylish dictator"

:rip: cool asteroid ship. Johnny was right to be sad.

also hahah D'avin and his toxic :gizz:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 6, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of funny but after he was revealed to be immortal I totally thought they were going to defeat the bad guy by feeding him into his molecular printer machine.

Disappointed he didn't print more killbots to takeout the current ones.

Or guns. or anything really.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kwyndig posted:

Well, this explains so much about Sixes.

Although the 'treatment' for reversing it is kinda... inappropriate :v:

The sexiest treatment :dong:

:rip: for now Sabine

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

D'avin made him explode :psyboom:

He's the goo wizard!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Pree does have a nice voice.

I'd follow that warlord into battle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sassy computer Julian was great. "Are you still trying? Good for you."

:rip: Pawter. Outplayed hard by Delle Seyah and her new scarback allies. The nine went down to the seven pretty quickly. Man Delle Seyah is playing a hella sweet game. She has the hier to another house under her guardianship and now she has all of the House Simm's stuff too.

So the company does eugenics using THE WALL, then juices up the survivors with green goo so they can survive whatever is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"You're a 6 not a 10, simmer down". Fancy Lee human shield tactic were good too.

Holy exposition dump for the first 30% of the episode. Seems like they weren't sure if they would be renewed so they wrapped up the green goo plotline asap. Seemed a little rushed to me, they definitely could have paced it better if it was planned for just this season or spread it out over 2. But I guess Anilla is still out there(and behind The RAC). And there is also what's left of the Nine Eight Seven Six and the quad.

:rip: Khylen and maybe Delle Seyah too?

e: also explaining how / why D'avin is the goo :science:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 3, 2016

• Locked thread