Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I liked it even though from a production point view you can really tell it's a SyFy production.

The setting feels like a weird mix of firefly combined with a corporate run future found in cyberpunk settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Torrannor posted:

I never want to see Kevin Sorbo on TV ever again.

don't worry he's focused on making fundie direct to DVD movies now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Killjoys if anything feels like the more fun show vs Dark Matter and the whole cast seems to feel more natural in their roles.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

best character is the crazy hot doctor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the gay bartender is better than any shrink

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mars4523 posted:

Doesn't help that the shrink is horribly unethical and bangs her patients.

she's a shrink with friends in high places so it seems like a good deal.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Death by super acid rain is pretty :black101: Also setting up for class war!

I love that their trust issues weren't resolved in one episode.

The public works department has many duties including hosing down a area after execution by acid rain.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The John meltdown owned after he realized he couldn't find a perfect solution to the hostage crisis.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad that crazy hot space doc is back.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Moss centipedes were a bit silly, but then I've seen far sillier things on Stargate before. In any case when you do an episode like that it definitely falls to the actors to make it real and scary instead of farcical and imo everyone on the show has been doing a phenomenal job.

Is it just me or do they seem to have a bigger budget for building sets etc. this season?

well at least the most recent episode didn't take place in a canadian industrial warehouse

Pawter is the best badass space doc since Doctor McCoy

etalian fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 16, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mossyfisk posted:

...mossipedes?

I really like D'avin

they scored a new pet for the ship

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The show has the best cheesy one liners

"He had a headache"

"He decided to take the day off"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atreiden posted:

I like that Pawter really isn't a damsel in distress. Also this episode had a lot of good dialogue, I really like the writing on this show and it's sad it's so underrated.

a wasteland full of rapey hillfolk.

I'm glad that Indiana got a shoutout in the recent episode

etalian fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 23, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atreiden posted:

I like that Pawter really isn't a damsel in distress. Also this episode had a lot of good dialogue, I really like the writing on this show and it's sad it's so underrated.

Also the whole cast has really good chemistry and the show has fabulous cool former warlord.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad that they had a episode not taking place in a redwood forest or canadian warehouse.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Those two acting like each other was fun.

I liked how quickly Fancy figured out what was going on.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Pree owns. "I prefer stylish dictator"

:rip: cool asteroid ship. Johnny was right to be sad.

also hahah D'avin and his toxic :gizz:

Give him a moment, he just lost a asteroid ship

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's either biomechanical space locusts devouring planets as they go, or a race of humans who're like the Yuuzhan Vong, terraforming defeated worlds into their own freaky biomechanical wildlife with the green plasma running through everything they have and are in both cases. The Level Sixes being a reverse-engineering attempt to fight them on equal terms.

Would also explain the ice fog super weapon as a way to do scorch earth tactics against the invaders.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Disappointed he didn't print more killbots to takeout the current ones.

Or guns. or anything really.

Well the gimmick is you need the right key for the machine to work

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atreiden posted:

How does this show continue to have so much great dialogue each episode and move the story forward at a really enjoyable pace. I hope we hear more from the immortal guy. Pree the warlord/ stylish Dictator keeps rocking as a background character and that twist with the happy endings was awesome.

It was such a great visual gag when they all got scanned at the wall and Pree sets off the alarm

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

D'avin will fix all the level 6's with a gently caress train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMlvKbbLGc0

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I take no sides,
I take no bribes.
The warrant is all.

Corporate espionage is kinda against the first tenant.

yeah killjoys are supposed to be neutral bounty hunters, while Johnny is basically trying to undermine the corporation now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This show gets points for having lots of death by wire garrote.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Pree does have a nice voice.

A good voice helps when you are a warlord

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

"How can we make Pawter hotter?" "Put a hood on her!"

mission accomplished

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

i was live posting. totally got distracted. Golden arm ? I'M A PRINCESS DIRTBAG!

Pawter for president.

Well she's a junkie so she already has one of the prerequisites for politics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sassy computer Julian was great. "Are you still trying? Good for you."

:rip: Pawter. Outplayed hard by Delle Seyah and her new scarback allies. The nine went down to the seven pretty quickly. Man Delle Seyah is playing a hella sweet game. She has the hier to another house under her guardianship and now she has all of the House Simm's stuff too.

So the company does eugenics using THE WALL, then juices up the survivors with green goo so they can survive whatever is coming.

They will probably regret not knocking off Seyah when they had the chance

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fat Shat Sings posted:

until they invite him to stay on the ship

The ship is a deathtrap for anyone not part of the core group

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Why renew Killjoys without Pawter?

because the core cast has great chemistry and it's the only show on TV that has a fabulous badass warlord

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I think similar to Defiance the 2nd season plot got pretty much resolved since they weren't sure if it would get renewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mossyfisk posted:

Well, that was disappointingly "Oh, guess we're not getting another season. Let's throw together a finale".

loving SyFy

Lots of good moments, just weak on the story. All Fancy content excellent as usual.

The show owns because even minor character like Fancy are really good stealing scenes.

• Locked thread