Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

This is unironically a good game™.
We had a lot of fun last alpha, and we are looking forward to even more fun this alpha.

Yes, seriously. This.

Basically, if you enjoy making pubbies cry a lot and taking someones gear and inventory when you kill them then this is really the only game to get into right now besides EVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Aw, yiss. Eonwe submits.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

jhorphear posted:

LOL, the loving CEO of Albion PMed me and asked me to change my forum sig

:neckbeard:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

The forums for this game are awesome and continue to be so :coffeepal:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

HENGRY BUNG posted:

I had a lot of fun playing a year ago during the summer alpha, but I haven't really played since then. I enjoyed the pvp aspects of killing people who weren't necessarily ready to fight, but I hated how you couldn't 'stick' people and prevent them from running away even if you had multiple guys. Is this still a problem? Or was it never a problem and I'm just bad.

There's a lot of stuns and slows and even roots but if the enemy is prepared and has like speed pots and poo poo then, yeah, they can run from you but it shouldn't be too hard to catch a vast majority of pubbies tbh.

FormerFatty posted:

Goons still play UO....

I dont know if i can justify $50 for an alpha anymore -- been burned too many times but I am watching this thread closely and will most definitely get the game when it launches for real(probably bringing over 50+ UO men to fight for goon supremacy).

Yeah but it's always on these lovely shards and it's not the same as all those years ago. I still play on all these shards and have put in hundreds of hours into several of the ipy ones so... yeah.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

squirrelzipper posted:

Well I broke and bought the $50 package, it just sounds too fun. Since reading is :effort: how do I get the client pre Monday, and does this thing run windowed well enough to let me afktar my way trough fozziesov while playing?

Once I get in game details I'll slack up etc.

https://albiononline.com/en/download

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

Well, looks like I'll be trying out the Alpha with you ;)

Bring your lovely UO friends too :shrek:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

There are many men who will most likely raise a banner for Lord Gluttony in Albion Online -- goon and pubby alike.

Coalition of the Chillin' people should come :coffeepal:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

the reason this could be good is this game isnt as bullshit as darkfall was about grinding

Talk bad about darkfall and we're not friends anymore, pal.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

na too lazy atm. I mean more like logistics with in game items/zones/housings stuff like that.

full leather armor, holy staff with smite, own house in player island (each guildie has 1 player island) and located in Kingsmarket.

There you go, friend :3:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Carol Pizzamom posted:

more like das idiot.. lmfao.. Ahahaha

Recked bitch!!!

GOT 'EM

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Meh, The Repopulation will get the SWG audience, Shroud and Shards will take the UO audience, guess this has its own niche since it's PVP-centric. but it would still be smart to get this out the door while they can get away with murder due to a lack of really anything remotely similar (without requiring the usage of MS Excel).

I thought Black Desert Online was releasing in the US Q1 2016 as well. Might be wrong about that.

Haven't paid attention to the Repopulation but is it full loot?

Shards never heard of. Seems far away from launch, is it even full loot?

Shroud is still so awful but as an old UO fan, yeah, maybe. Some areas will be full loot so this is a competitor in my eyes.

Black Desert Online looks beautiful and looked promising but they are just ruining the pvp more and more making it just awful if you want to kill people so that's no competition imo.

I think a lot of people are coming into Albion because it has full loot pvp (that's why I'm here) so with that feature I think it can manage among even the much bigger titles.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Repopulation has full loot ruleset. If you've been waiting the last nine years for the SWGEmu to release, Repop is the game for you.
Shards is another isometric sandbox MMO where it's really similar to Albion and UO, but it's also a platform for isometric sandbox MMOs where you can create the ruleset, implement your own gameplay mechanics, create your own terrain/quests.
BDO i've heard is generic but beautiful looking Korean MMO with housing mechanics, it has even less sandbox elements than ArcheAge and the current business model is extremely P2W I've been told.
Shroud is shaping up, played about four hours tonight and with a substantial amount of polish, it'll be great I think. Their deck system is awesome.

Anyways, getting back on topic, what armor tier is reasonably obtainable/replaceable but also decent for full loot PVP area purposes?

Tier 4 is super easy to just hoard imo and tier 5 is a bit more annoying to lose a lot of but if you play a lot you can easily supply yourself with a lot of T5 especially if you're in a guild and can farm with friends and whatever. Last alpha I would go out in T5 for regular pvp and when i wanted to be fancy id use t6 but losing t6 was a bitch.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

May you all have a great launch experience and please post screenshots, write stories etc of what is happening today for those of us at work :(

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Do we have any cool goons that would play actively that don't wanna put in the money? PM me.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Some nerds from Of the Hood didn't understand that they could run away invis after being knocked out in Yellow Zones and they thought the guards would help them if I attacked (they were flagged so the guards won't help) and I kept killing them. Then one of them decided to just die and release and hope to run back to grab his stuff before I did =)

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This is what I like to wake up to :coffeepal:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

Paradox + Unorthodox Arena vs MH

9v7 in their favor, but their tactics were, frankly, unorthodox and it didn't end well :parrot:

e: and they had yellow unflagged bonus

Got a vod or youtube vid?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

read slack wow this guy

:frog:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I'm hoping for next alpha we get a weapons balance pass so I can use dumb unique weapons and be a special snowflake

Say no to daggers. :whip:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Holy poo poo devs are actually reading this thread, that's awesome.

I don't have pms or disposable income but badly want to play this game, especially since we're apparently keeping the Space Violence name. Also the gently caress is this slack poo poo I'm supposed to be downloading?

Figure out Slack and message me in there and I will get ya the stuff friend :)

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This Paradox guy had a lot of stuff (all the stuff in my inventory came from him)

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJOHHZNZURA

Video of the gank that Blazing is talking about.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

:coffeepal:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I'm getting a bit bummed that the game in red & yellow zones are becoming more and more about huge groups running around. It's getting way more rare to see people dare to venture out by themselves or even in smaller numbers of like 2-3 people.

poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuzC5GKpEIc

That's what I like doing. I can spend hours now going through areas and not find anything like this. Only running into big groups and it's so boring :(

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

Might be under the circumstances of looking for PvP specifically? I wander around solo digging/chopping resources quite a lot and frequently come across a paradox guy doing the same solo or some other guy. Sometimes we fight, sometimes I'm gathering wool and he's mining ore so we just run past each other.

Yeah, there's still solo farmers around and I love killing them too but finding people actually roaming 1-3 looking for PvP is really hard to find and even small groups of PvE'ers too. It might just be because of my timezone.

Most of the roams that happen in the guild right now is when I'm sleeping because I'm a dirty EU goon :(

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

InternetJunky posted:

This is a crock of poo poo and you know it. A couple of days ago (before the recent crafting reductions and silver changes) it would have taken me more than a day's effort to replace my T3/T4 gear. Please tell me where you where farming up 20k in 10 man-minutes.

Jesus gently caress, what. Are you actually buying this poo poo off of the AH or something?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

So yesterday I was gonna head out for my daily pvp roam. Since solo pvp is fairly dead I figured id bring my good bro Soj but a lot of other goons seemed very bloodthirsty and since lately its been mostly blobs moving around i figured some more people would probably be good. Although I love playing with goons I also think for pvp more goons = more problems but I'm not mean enough to tell people they can't come :(

The plan was to as always just camp roads and kill mans riding by. This works great north of Heathenburg (or dauntensea i always mix them up :welp:)

Our group were all about them spec ops tactics and poo poo which i felt just complicates things and some people did get away from us that shouldnt have because of it but w/e. I feel like we're taking the pvp too seriously in this game. I was way too tired after a long day and I'm not gonna shout to try and take control or anything I just call targets and that's all. Luckily KatherineKore was up for leading our sorry bunch and did a pretty stellar job even though I don't think he's actually done these types of camps yet so thumbs up.

We were hanging around my usual grounds but the plan from the start was to visit brazilians and grief them. I've been stealing their resources since they joined the alliance but now I can actually take their stuff too so I felt that was a great place to go to.

Our group was a bunch of tactical scaredy-cats though so it took forever to get there and we ended up never arriving. This was also thanks to so many targets being around at that time and we just couldn't get there because there was always loot to be banked.

I realized something when we were out there though. My solo pvp is now completely dead. A few days ago there were still mostly legendary founders horses around. I have a ton of them but what I don't have much of is T4 and T5 horses because there are very tricky to kill solo if you're running my build. So I realized that from now on if I wanna keep doing this I need to bring at least 1-2 more people because you can't just solo burst down one of those fuckers. One slow and a stun is great to have coupled with a high damage weapon and if you have that T5 horses can still be killed fast. So from now on I will organize really, really badly lead pvp roams which are reckless, has little to no tactics but are proven to work. I'll be a bit nazi about it and only take people in at least t4 that has proper builds needed for this so feel free to just say gently caress pixels and not come but if you wanna come just poke me.

There's video of this roam I can upload if anyone is interested. The night ended with us pissing off too many people and a huge amount of some guild of bads zerged us down. I think SoJ got away. I who like to pride myself on never dying got away, forgot to unflag and actually read some SA forums while in a red zone and was found and then I had a merry chase for a long time before I finally ran out of cleanse pots and speed pots and horses and died :gbsmith:

All in all it was a fun run and since solo pvp is dead I will continue this but be more of a bitch about how the group should be. I like writing dumb walls of text, sorry.

Here's the fun part. The kill mails. Sadly not all of them are here I think because the kill log in this game needs a ton of work:

tl;dr: rip solo pvp, group time, i'm an rear end in a top hat.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Biowarfare posted:

so i helped a friend of mine make this dumb thing https://www.albiontears.com
guillo made the logo
post stupid poo poo there if you want to

Guillo makes cool stuff. I should put my screens on here this site seems perfect for goons.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Patch today!

Improvements

Dragging onto partially full stacks is now more consistent; dragging a stack of 50 onto another stack of 50 will result in 99 items in the destination stack and 1 in the source stack
Added a new chat log channel for loot events, which is displayed in the combat log by default
Added "center on me" button to worldmap
Energy gains/losses from spell use are now visible both in the combat log and overhead
Added hotkeys for "select myself" and "attack current target"

Changes

Increased the maximum amount of mob silver charges from 4 to 16 (AW YISS)
PvP flagging:
It now takes 30 seconds to change your flagging status
You cannot change your flag to "friendly" for 10 minutes after killing someone (IT'S A START!)
Craft animation at smelters changed to be more appropriate to smelting
It should no longer be possible for items to be destroyed on knockdown
Display of player clustering on the minimap now shows all players rather than just hostile-flagged players

Fixes

Server stability fixes, including (rare) cases of lost upkeep payments
Reflected damage (from passives, for example) will no longer kill people in knockdown-only regions
Giants' "throw stone" animation fixed
Guild information will now display correctly when accessed from the world map
Demons now play the correct sound effect when they die
Mount listings are no longer duplicated in some areas of the Destiny Board
Journeyman's Axe no longer tells you that it's a Novice's Axe when it's in need of repair
Removed an error occurring when using numpad keys
Gathering yield bonuses on Destiny Board clarified to be percentages
Destiny Board farming unlocks can now be progressed by raising any animal of the appropriate tier
Adept Adventurer portrait should no longer disappear
Animals should no longer stop growing with 1s remaining
Many art assets were fixed and/or improved!
Faction items now work as expected with the Destiny Board (using them increases DB progression for their non-faction equivalent, and they gain the same bonuses as their non-faction equivalent)

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Werkwerk posted:

Apparently there is a glitch that let Paradox shove people into a metal fence and thereby turn this morning's 5v5 into a 3v5. Something about the meteor spell's knock back and maybe an archer ability.

This has apparently puffed their chests up enough that they've declared an attack on the forest. 12 hours until we get to murder them.

So they are abusing bugs to win? Do we have video of that? I'm sure sending that to Bercilak or someone could make them take action because that's not cool.

Even if these dudes got stuck couldn't they /suicide and re-gear or where they so badly prepared they only brought one set?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Ignoring the bug for now the setup they are running with double healer can be really effective and scary. Having silences to gently caress them over when they try to heal is a pretty easy way to deal with it though. With no diminishing returns two bows is 10~ seconds of silence for example.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Second place in the Summer Alpha official pvp video hightlights: https://albiononline.com/en/news/summer-alpha-videos

quote:

Feka: pixels making the highlights by being an rear end in a top hat. I salute to you, good sir.

Today I was highlighted for making pubbies ask "Why" as I kill them. I'm happy :coffeepal:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Forgotton posted:

Hopefully it does. This Alpha seems dead atm. Unless they push a really content heavy patch through. Usually these die after week 3 and sometimes stretch to 4. This one ended a bit sooner then usual. I blame not needing to go in to PvP zones as much as last alpha. And the flag mechanics. And the initial silver/food bull poo poo.

All of this contributed. I had fun solo pvping early on and then less fun doing the large group roam stuff but this weekend I spent in EVE and the Witcher 3 when I was at my PC. I've grown tired of Albion already mostly because of the wipe. I can go hard and poopsock like a true virgin but not when I know all I work for is being wiped. Having poo poo internet for a few more weeks doesn't help either and thus I don't feel like going out PvP'ing when the scariest enemy is an 8k ping spike and not the players.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

So leading PvP groups and target-calling which is basically a fun thing in any PvP game I've ever played is completely hosed in this game. I am literally making my group suffer if I am target calling and trying to make people good at doing proper focus fire in this game.

Because of how heavy the anti-zerg mechanic is in this game it's better to just have a group of pvpers that do their own thing and play smart by themselves than having a group with well coordinated members that can focus fire properly. gently caress. This is not fun and it's such a backwards system.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Do we have anyone that can make the T4.3 off-hand Harp? Or even better the T5.3 harp? If so I might play again. SoJ found a build that we think is the best thing ever in 1v1. I helped him try it out and we couldn't come up with a single other build that can beat it on the same tier. Hell barely anything even came close.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I realised the grind to get to the first Harp (T4.3) and having people that can craft it etc would be a bitch and I can't be bothered. I've already quit this alpha and while this would get me back into the game until the end of alpha the grind to that point makes me just call it quits for now.

I have a ton of resources out in sleet isle which we're probably losing very soon to the russians. If anyone wants it poke me on Slack and i'll login and give you it all. Preferably want to give it to an officer like guillo or whatever.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

New patch today. They added Deadlands, a new raid with a new raid boss and a lot of other stuff. Seems quite cool.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/11149-The-news-room-Index-of-news-posts/?postID=163799#post163799

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I do love even small scale fights but you can get those out in the world if lucky or by poo poo talking some clan into a 5v5 for 500k wager duel somewhere out in the world.

Having it forced upon territory sieges feels weird to me too in an MMO. Especially weird when there's so much work going into keeping your territory running, upgrading buildings and having organized groups of players form up and farm resources and silver for your territory. Having to then funnel it into five rockstars that are supposed to represent your guild in the most important fight that decides the outcome of possibly over 100+ peoples fun in the game seems backwards.

Large fights in this game can be really cool and quite fun even though I think the escalating AoE effects can sometimes be a bit too strong and end fights way too abruptly. The territories are so small which I guess is an issue if you wanna have unlimited people fighting the GvG so I doubt they'd ever uncap it completely but having it be a 25vs25 instead or something would be nice. The problem is that even then for some territories it would be too many people. I dunno what can be done about that besides making the GvG take place in some kind of special battleground.

• Locked thread