Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
gaming history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

that was a funny show RIP

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Destiny would be better if it had tiny tina and bonerfarts

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
talkin' shit about a pretty sunset

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

escape velocity was also good.

Yes. Gettin paid felt so good in that game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Destiny would be better if it had tiny tina and bonerfarts
Well, I doubt it could make things worse

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol you got mad about a video game

you've gotten visibly upset at people posting words in gbs several dozen times at this point. glass houses

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Destiny is funny as gently caress. They spent a shitload of money getting Peter Dinklage to voice your sidekick in the main game. And he spends the whole game going "wow look at this poo poo it's so amazing holy gently caress i need to know more about it!' in a voice so disinterested it would give Ben Stein a run for his money.

Then, in the DLC, you explore all this super interesting poo poo that is directly related to all the stuff you saw in the main game. Only your robot sidekick, who is CONSTANTLY AT YOUR SIDE, is completely silent. He never says a fuckin word. Not even re-used lines. And this is some poo poo that he should be freaking out about and it should be blowing his robot mind. But Bungie didn't pay Dinklage to record anything for the DLC.

Best. Trolls. Ever.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

lol if you bought into videogame hype and thought destiny was gonna be good

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LordArgh posted:

lol if you play any fps on consoles. have fun with your sluggish inaccurate controls

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I didn't set the bar very high despite the hype, and it still failed. If it had been about as good as a Borderlands game I would have been fine with it.

Plus they suckered me in to getting it digitally because I only had a PS3 at the time and I wanted the free PS4 cross-buy. So I can't sell the disc, what an idiot

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is this the game with the ball?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

yes

it is a game for faggots

I have many hours logged

but I'm better now

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CrashCat posted:

I didn't set the bar very high despite the hype, and it still failed.

*plays a generic super-bland shooter for months* "ITS A FAILURE GGNNGARAGRGGRG"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Flesh Forge posted:

*plays a generic super-bland shooter for months* "ITS A FAILURE GGNNGARAGRGGRG"
that's silly, why would you do that

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I seriously have no idea what people were expecting that they came away from Destiny thinking it was a bad game

like yeah okay it didn't suck you off to completion or have literally infinite amounts of content but it was a p great way to shoot moon monsters in the head with lasers and that seems to be pretty much how it was advertised

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

*plays Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 and all the DLC bullshit* hmmmm Destiny is a generic bland shooter WHAT THE gently caress I'VE BEEN HAD!!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Flesh Forge posted:

*plays Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 and all the DLC bullshit* hmmmm Destiny is a generic bland shooter WHAT THE gently caress I'VE BEEN HAD!!
no, no, don't do it Flesh Forge :ohdear:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

MAYBE THEIR 25TH GAME RELEASE WILL NOT BE EXACTLY LIKE ALL OF THE 24 BEFORE IT

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Ryoshi posted:

I seriously have no idea what people were expecting that they came away from Destiny thinking it was a bad game

like yeah okay it didn't suck you off to completion or have literally infinite amounts of content but it was a p great way to shoot moon monsters in the head with lasers and that seems to be pretty much how it was advertised

I expect all video games to suck me off to completion. What the hell am I paying $60 for otherwise??

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol PS4 you god drat scrubs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Destiny sucks diggly doogly duglug balls and any FAGS defending it in this thread are stupid shitheads and must piss n poop in my bunghole oooooo so pleasurable all this poopus and dookus and peepee and pawpaw in my anus chamber hgahghaghahghagehgbeuigeiogjsoagha

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Take a big "Destiny" on my chestiny if u know what im satying

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

JebanyPedal posted:

Take a big "Destiny" on my chestiny if u know what im satying

I'm gonna make a random drop on it.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
I liked how the $80, 're-buy the game and DLC for three lovely emotes' Collector's Edition sold out on both PS4 and XBONE in the midst of so many players crying out so vociferously. That interview was so enraging because it was on point. ATVI should have priced the CE at $200, maybe $250. The going rate for the Blacksmith shader on eBay is around $80, right now.

That said, I can't stand cutscene-laden games, so the lack of time wasted on Dinklebot droning on about nothing/exposition garbage was a plus, to me. Also, prior to release, the only time Destiny showed up on my radar was that promo shot from like 2010 with 3 guardians looking up at the traveller. I had no pre-release emotional investment for which I had to account, so Destiny being 'just okay' is okay by me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm gonna make a random drop on it.
it's gonna fall right out of my loot cave

i guess Destiny qualifies as 'just okay' but it's such an annoying game that fails to meet the basic standards of so many other games

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Imagine a turd coming out a vagina like just squeezing right out loll imagine it

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

we wanted a legendary game but got an uncommon

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i mean seriously my standards are not that loving high, i played and enjoyed Watch Dogs for gently caress's sake and even that crock of poo poo is less annoying than Destiny

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Is this the current video game gbs chat thread? I bought both of the new wolfenstien games for 25 bux during gaben's capitalist orgy and they are really fun.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

InterFaced posted:

Is this the current video game gbs chat thread? I bought both of the new wolfenstien games for 25 bux during gaben's capitalist orgy and they are really fun.
they're both more fun and have better cutscenes than Destiny so it works regardless

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

InterFaced posted:

I bought Wolfenstein New Order during the sale

Here's a graph of how fun it gets over time

\

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CrashCat posted:

i mean seriously my standards are not that loving high, i played and enjoyed Watch Dogs for gently caress's sake and even that crock of poo poo is less annoying than Destiny

those both are some half assed games

ubisoft sucks because they make games that id really dig on paper and then they come out and theyre just loving shovelware

how do you make the french revolution boring as a setting? ubisoft knows the way

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Blue Raider posted:

those both are some half assed games

ubisoft sucks because they make games that id really dig on paper and then they come out and theyre just loving shovelware

how do you make the french revolution boring as a setting? ubisoft knows the way
yeah Unity is hot garbage too but I still enjoyed the co-op more than Destiny

in summary:

zooming around a really lovely fake chicago terrorizing pedestrians and pushing buttons to make people explode = okay

running up and shanking dudes in unison then chopping the rest up with a giant fuckoff halberd = decent

cowering under some stairs somewhere once a week with a buddy because everything kills you in two hits and it's the only way to get a better gun = bad

doing some world of warcraft style boss gimmick poo poo where one person fucks it up and you have to do an hour of gameplay again = gay as heck

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i'm very bad at video games these days
I wanted specific armors for my man and the only way to get them is to do pvp deathmatches
so I came in last every game for a while, then I was getting better and started getting top two spots

so after this I was able to get one of the pieces of armor I wanted, I put it on, and went to go kill more guys, but matchmaking sees I have a legend helmet and hooks me up with all these way stronger players now so it's back to the bottom of the list, gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i'm very bad at video games these days
I wanted specific armors for my man and the only way to get them is to do pvp deathmatches
so I came in last every game for a while, then I was getting better and started getting top two spots

so after this I was able to get one of the pieces of armor I wanted, I put it on, and went to go kill more guys, but matchmaking sees I have a legend helmet and hooks me up with all these way stronger players now so it's back to the bottom of the list, gently caress.
I tried some of that PvP poo poo too except the matchmaking hosed with me long before I got any gear. It was basically every other match I was blowing people away without trouble or getting utterly curbstomped like a helpless infant. MMR systems are generally rear end though so I won't even hold that against them, but I didn't go back after I got my stupid icon or color or whatever the loving idiot thing was that I got suckered into

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Madcosby posted:

\

lol

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Madcosby posted:

I bought Wolfenstein New Order during the sale

\

Im sorry youre a literal retard who cant enjoy killing nazis on the moon.

Also you loving idiots could have spent the last 6 pages talking about how loving awesome Myth and its sequels were (not as much 3) instead of sucking your seeping destiny boil ridden cocks some more.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Nutsngum posted:

Im sorry youre a literal retard who cant enjoy killing nazis on the moon.

Also you loving idiots could have spent the last 6 pages talking about how loving awesome Myth and its sequels were (not as much 3) instead of sucking your seeping destiny boil ridden cocks some more.

Myth was okay when I was ten. Happy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wish people who played video games weren't such insufferable pieces of poo poo that trip over themselves to be consumer whores while bleating loudly about their entitlements and their rights and their loyalty to the developer.

It's a company. You are a customer. Stop being SUCH FAGLORDS. It's embarrassing to play video games because of these people. They are 10x worse than the shy DnD nerds of yesteryear. Those dudes were probably just as bad but at least they didn't plaster their lovely opinions over everything.

• Locked thread