Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Their music is super simple and their songs all sound the same but still, why so much hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It's a strange concept but people hate stuff that is terrible. Children like it, so they're not going to be hurt financially or anything.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
because chad kroeger took avri lavigne off the market

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't hate everything

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:gas:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4tNeGyTyI

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
LOOK AT THIS GRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPHH *smirk*

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjz_e65jwWo

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you don't hate everything

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7SjDgy0B_k

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Just fun to hate, I suppose. Also, why do nerds love that Dragon Ron Paul Final Fantasy anime game so much?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
JUST LIKE A PAPERBACK NOVEL

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Doppelganger posted:

JUST LIKE A PAPERBACK NOVEL

why are you quoting someone with talent?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
One of you nerds needs to answer my fuckin question. I haven't been this puzzled since I was asked why kids love cinnamon toast crunch so much

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
usually the nickel back is the 5th db on field (so is either an aging veteran or a raw rookie) so often gets victimized by the opposing teams qb and costs teams points. HTH

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Because some people have really low self esteem and try to convince themselves that only inferior people like <thing> so they can have something, anything, to distract themselves from how worthless of a person they are.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

people hate nickelback because they are loving awful. their music is extremely simplistic and formulaic, and their lyrics are bad on a level that makes even the most vapid pop music seem intelligent. they are also the logical conclusion to the path of sludgey badness that rock music set down after grunge died.

that said, people need to spend more time hating buckcherry 'cause they're even worse than nickelback.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
they write anthems for wife beating poors

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I remember everyone thinking for like 5 years they were a Christian band, then it turned out that no they just sucked like a Christian band

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Al Nipper posted:

they write anthems for wife beating poors

That's Staind, you idiot

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just fun to hate, I suppose. Also, why do nerds love that Dragon Ron Paul Final Fantasy anime game so much?

whoa which game is that?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

whoa which game is that?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Cubey posted:

people hate nickelback because they are loving awful. their music is extremely simplistic and formulaic, and their lyrics are bad on a level that makes even the most vapid pop music seem intelligent. they are also the logical conclusion to the path of sludgey badness that rock music set down after grunge died.

that said, people need to spend more time hating buckcherry 'cause they're even worse than nickelback.

there are lots of formulaic musicians, why single out nickelback

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I remember everyone thinking for like 5 years they were a Christian band, then it turned out that no they just sucked like a Christian band

well they sound like bad creed knockoffs so i can see how this would happen

Parallax Scroll posted:

there are lots of formulaic musicians, why single out nickelback

because of the other reasons i gave

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cubey posted:

And yet there music is liked by a lot of people. Not everyone gets super into music and the majority of listeners enjoy stuff that's easy to get into which is almost inevitably simplistic and formulaic. The same is true for almost all forms of entertainment, only the people who get super into it actually want nuance and depth everyone else just wants to turn off their brain for a bit. The only thing hating on nickleback or any other pop band says about anyone is that they care way too much about what other people think of their taste in music.

John Cadaver
Sep 16, 2007
The reasons given above set the stage. I think there is a habit of many of us to respond with incredulity at the level of success of mediocre bands and I think the level of response is inversely proportional to the level of success or the volume at which others tell us they're good.

It's almost like an attempt to balance out the positive response.

If Nickelback were only successful in their local area or only achieving a less than moderate level of success, I think people would be less vocal about how much they hate them.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Wizgot posted:

Their music is super simple and their songs all sound the same but still, why so much hate?

It's an internet meme to hate Nickelback and Dan Brown much like how doge or pepe the frog are win

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Because they are canadian cowboys and should know better.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Gotta hate something

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Most people who hate Twilight have never read the book. It's just a cool thing people do online

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
chad kroeger has a long face

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

probably because chad kroeger hosed their moms

he seems like a guy that would try to gently caress a lot of moms

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
talkin' shit about a pretty sunset
Because Chad Kroeger's hair looks like a pack of raymond noodles

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
cuz they are canadian op

hth

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Leader of Men is the only song of theirs that I like. The rest of it is garbage.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beef Turret posted:

Most people who hate Twilight have never read the book. It's just a cool thing people do online
The writing is really bad and it glorifies unhealthy relationships. Nicklebacks music is bland and imo boring but there's not musical equivalents to literal typos in it. I would say nickleback is more comparable to something like big bang theory or game of thrones, there's little depth or nuance but it's not aggressively bad.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

It's an internet meme to hate Nickelback and Dan Brown much like how doge or pepe the frog are win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
itt some nerds don't understand why its fun to hate nickelback

• Locked thread