Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
I'm going on a camping trip with some friends for July 4th. It's in the mountains on one of those assisted camp ground deals, and its next to a river. I've been lots of times, but for the first time ever I'll be spending roughly 24 hours there alone since I'm arriving on Thursday afternoon and the next person gets there Friday afternoon.

I'm really looking forward to the solitude in such a beautiful place, but what the heck should I do with all that free time?? Here are options:

- There's a mountain for hiking and checking out a nice view
- There's a river for raft floating, swimming, other river poo poo
- Beer/alcohol will play into whatever I do
- Probably drugs, too
- There's a full spa right across the street that's associated with the campground so I could get a massage, hot tub, all that spa poo poo
- I could also say gently caress the trappings of the civilized man and shun all of that
- Reading, listening to music
- Bringing drums or other instruments (not very fun by yourself)
- Jack off in the tent

Pretty much anything can be done, but there will be no computer, no video games, no TV, no work, and no friends. What should I do out there? Right now I'm thinking a combo of drinking, hiking, listening to music, and reading, but maybe I'm forgetting something. Help me plan my solitary nature day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Applewhite posted:

>inventory

Well it's about 2 weeks out so I could pretty much buy whatever beforehand! I usually bring your regular generic stuff with me: tent, sleeping bag, basic food, cooking stuff to use over an open fire, clothes...I dunno! I may also bring a bike but I'm not sure about that yet. ANd I'll almost definitely bring some sort of inflatable for the river.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

play Capcom v. SNK 2

hahahah

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Luvcow posted:

it doesn't really sound like your going to be all that alone at that campground so just enjoy it

Well I mean there will be other families and stuff but its not like we'll be hanging out! I'll be the only one there in my group from Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon so I have all of Thursday night and Friday morning to think of poo poo to occupy my time and gently caress napping!!

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
Lots of great suggestions, currently considering summoning the devil and making myself at home.

Hogge Wild posted:

> drink
> go rafting

A most likely choice at this time.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

fais du bricolage

Google seems to tell me this means "do odd jobs". Are you suggesting that I do odd jobs for people out there?

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Um the obvious answer is just stay at home playing video games one extra day and get there when everyone else does.

Non-refundable deposit :(

Also this just seems like something cool to do. Despite not knowing exactly what I'll do with my time I'm still looking forward to getting my Thoreau on

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

a dog from hell posted:

Call them quests since you will be in the wilderness.

You bet your rear end I will! Badass

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

become an unsolved mystery

That would be especially tight because they'd probably find this thread once they started investigating my disappearance

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Or you could just arrive when everyone else does and not be such an over-eager weirdo. Would it kill you to turn up on the friday?

yup

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
lol that being excited to spend time outside earns vocal derision from at least 1 goon. I lvoe this site

Shirley Crabtree posted:

This but unironically, it's when the dark thoughts happen.

I welcome the dark thoughts, they'll be helpful in summoning the Dark one

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

ghlbtsk posted:

Get REAL beefy.

oh I'll be beefin friend

Roy posted:

You're not camping, you're staying alone in a hotel.

Idk, go to the hotel bar and try to chat up the married woman who's out alone on a business trip.

Make no mistake, I have no illusions about "roughing it" on this trip or anything, it's a very frilly campground with showers and stuff. But I will be camping in a tent in the woods many miles from home! that counts for something I think.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Shirley Crabtree posted:

its more that you could spend the day on playstation or something and instead you want to dance around the forest in your undies pissing on owls or whatever its loving fruity
emptyquote

Grody posted:

End it all with a bullet through your temple

nature dude! I'd rather tie a rock to my foot and take a swim if Im going that way with things

lorn Wayne posted:

Meditate and figure out how to stop being such a lil pissbitch.

its not bad to be a lil pissbitch sometimes but it is good to meditate

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
It's looking like this is the rough itinerary.

3ish: get there, set up*
4ish: swim in creek, play in current like child, maybe even walk upstream and float back down to campsite*
6ish: hike to top of mountain, enjoy sunset*
8ish: build fire, read, listen to music, maybe play music, pass out embarrassingly early on the ground outside my tent*
*drink and smoke liberally throughout

That's a solid rear end day! But what about the next day? I have until mid afternoon to myself and those are the only things that I know for sure that I want to do

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Claven666 posted:

Your first quest is to find and consume a fly amanita, scientific species amanita muscaria.

It'll be weird to fetch quest just one mushroom

a bay posted:

You aren't going to stummon poo poo op camping yourself in front of a spa smh

Dark Lord works in mysterious ways

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

goatse.cx haver posted:

get drunk and high then drown

Im writing all of these down

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Quite A Tool posted:

Make sure to bring signal flares in case you get lost trying to find the spa.

Should I just go to the spa?? I'm kind of feeling like I should schedule something for Friday morning. What else am I gonna do?

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Try not to drink too much, too early in the day, or else you will be dehydrated and miserable.

Go hiking and and smoke pot. Wander around and see how many different sorts of plants, bugs and animals you can encounter. Biodiversity is staggering if you give it a chance.

Go swimming in the lake/river...it's so much better than a swimming pool, even if it smells funny and isn't temperature controlled.

See if you can build a fire without matches/lighter...it's harder than you think.

And finally, don't sleep in the tent. Waking up outdoors to cook a killer breakfast is one of life's simplest true joys.

gently caress yeah dude. I'm following all this advice.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
Some great suggestions here, I love the ones that involve me killing myself, especially if it's for the purpose of loving with my friends when they get there, ahahah

poopzilla posted:

what the gently caress is an "assisted" camp site? for like cripples and retards an poo poo??

you retarded op?

yea but that was probably the wrong word to use. I mean that there's RV hookups and grills and a place to shower. It's not REAL camping,

Neukoln19 posted:

Real Answer:

Think about this, if you go hiking or anything then when yr friends get there youll either be like "no I already did that" or do it be familiar with the trail. No sense of wonder. Already seen it.

Spa is a good choice, but why get massage/bathtub before your hiking adventure as opposed to after when yr all sticky and tired?

I did consider that. I've hiked this trail 2-3 times already so there's not much exploration to be done there, I'd probably only do it for the view. Although the trail does continue on past where I've been before so maybe I'll keep going for some true exploration. And as far as my friends wanting to do it when they show up, I'll probably just do it again with them when they get there!

Anyways I booked an appointment to get a foot rub on Friday morning. feels good man

City of Tampa posted:

jizz on a bird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRTh6K0Wh_Y&list=PLB2E2AEC6418D418E

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Ramsus posted:

there is literally a 3 page thread on the somethingawful forums giving a guy advice on whether or not he should hike or spa day

Where do you stand on the matter

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

scam people out of money by pretending you're going to walk across the country to raise awareness about mental illness

make sure to buy a cheap baby cart to blame when you fail

Hahaha this campground is a stop on a major cross country hiking trail so I'm p sure they'd believe that if I rolled around in some dirt before walking up

Splatmaster posted:

Don't shave from now on until then (works only if you're normally clean-shaven). When everyone shows up, act like you've been there waiting for months, not a day- prep the campsite like someone who's been there for awhile. Bring lots of empty food containers giving the appearance of being there awhile. Reassure everyone that "we'll all figure out a way out of here, I promise!" and reveal your airplane you've constructed out of vines and deadwood.

lol but if I was capable of the grizzly Adams look I'd already be sporting it

More good suggestions, hadn't thought about bringing binoculars. I was thinking of taking a night hike...might be cool but maybe kind of dangerous, right? Doesn't seem like a good idea to be traipsing around in the woods alone at night. Maybe I should ask goons and let them decide my fate. Yeah that's what I'll do

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Dead Man's Ham posted:

Bring a lovely 10 dollar camping chair and find a spot it sits in the river about butt depth nicely. Get a beer and a good book. Rock out.

oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

Bring a 14 year old boy back to it and gently caress him

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

This is Great

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

What kind of tard needs advice on how to spend 24 hours outside. Do what ya feel like

Bad advice. Need an itinerary to stick to or else I'll squander my precious vacation time.

• Locked thread