Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rule should mods enforce during July?
This poll is closed.
No cussing - Swearing during July will be probatable 244 31.08%
Mandatory smilies - Every post must include a smiley. 194 24.71%
Mandatory cussing - Making a post without swearing during July will be probatable 347 44.20%
Total: 785 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

I like the random chance stuff (see my work in the John Galt Speech area)

Well, it made me laugh, in any case.

(then I got the shakes, and my postin' hand started to flop about, reaching for the keyboard.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Stoic Commie posted:

that's so shallow...i bet you're a fat

bald bitch detected

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

zimboe posted:

I can live with a no cussing rule.
i consider it a worthy challenge to see how vile I can be without using any swears, you pack of blood-soaked frozen horse tampon popsicles.*

*Partially stolen from the cultural masterpiece Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.

E:
Apparently there are veterinary napkins for horses, but not tampons. After a little thought I realized why not- who is gonna walk up to a 1500 lb. herbivore and attempt to shove something up its ginch?
Yah, I Googled "horse tampons".

I wanted to buy a case of them to prank an old girlfriend with on Christmas THE FUCKEN WHORE

Really. On my honor. Word.
They should exist. Maybe there's a niche market just for pranks here.

Does anybody know what this is? Reads like a Gunky Junket alt but doesn't fit the timeline. Could GJ have gone back in time to do the ultimate rereg and then gently caress it up yet again?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

Does anybody know what this is? Reads like a Gunky Junket alt but doesn't fit the timeline. Could GJ have gone back in time to do the ultimate rereg and then gently caress it up yet again?

I don't want tell you what to do, but in your shoes I would go with my gut. It osunds like your gut is rumbling gunky junket, so go with that I say.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

These are all terrible.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gnarlyhotep posted:

nah different dickhead

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Darth123123 posted:

nah different dickhead

oh great, we've got another one

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

yeah i hate to say it but zimboe is his own thing, and his posts always look like that

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CrashCat posted:

yeah i hate to say it but zimboe is his own thing, and his posts always look like that

another loony yeah that's all we need

BadgerSeat
Feb 28, 2006

Would you like to see where I keep my severed heads?

Shinjobi posted:

Should spin a wheel at random each week and use all three.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
Joner Hull

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

Should spin a wheel at random each week and use all three.

How about this, GBS also gets a special "no cussing" thread tag (if mandatory swearing wins, and vice versa) and threads with that tag have the opposite rule applied.

Too confusing? Too hard to enforce? Not what was voted on? I dunno what do you guys think

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress cussing imho

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ralp posted:

How about this, GBS also gets a special "no cussing" thread tag (if mandatory swearing wins, and vice versa) and threads with that tag have the opposite rule applied.

Too confusing? Too hard to enforce? Not what was voted on? I dunno what do you guys think

make a smilie tag too

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ralp posted:

Do this plz

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Hogge Wild posted:

make a smilie tag too

long live the smilie rule

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

All thread tags replaced with two tags, one says "DARN" and one says "gently caress"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ralp posted:

This..is acceptable.:cheers:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ralp posted:

i think this is a dumb idea

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

to be more specific, "not what was voted on"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

zimboe posted:

I can live with a no cussing rule.
i consider it a worthy challenge to see how vile I can be without using any swears, you pack of blood-soaked frozen horse tampon popsicles.*

*Partially stolen from the cultural masterpiece Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.

E:
Apparently there are veterinary napkins for horses, but not tampons. After a little thought I realized why not- who is gonna walk up to a 1500 lb. herbivore and attempt to shove something up its ginch?
Yah, I Googled "horse tampons".

I wanted to buy a case of them to prank an old girlfriend with on Christmas THE FUCKEN WHORE

Really. On my honor. Word.
They should exist. Maybe there's a niche market just for pranks here.

dude, you might as well stop trying. Pick already beat you to the punch with the epic two-day horse smegma summit

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

Beats me but I find the use of a footnote explaining the original source of a regurgitated joke to be quite admirable. There's only one of them, but the attempt at a 'horse tampon' joke wasn't at all funny, so is probably original, hence not needing a footnote.

The rule for August should be "Mandatory and correctly-formatted footnotes are required for the attribution of all non-original jokes, to avoid probation."

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 28, 2015

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
voted goku

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Maybe make a "No Cuss" tag and a "Must Cuss" tag and let the threadmaker choose.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Ralp posted:

I actually like this idea

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Ralp posted:

Good idea.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ralp posted:

I like the idea of both tags being in play at the same time - it will make people have to pay more attention as to which threads require swearing and which ones loving outlaw it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The funniest thread voted on for July should have August take up its rule, either non-swearing or swearing-only, but the OP gets to pick in case a DARN-tag poster wants swears or a gently caress-tag poster wants no swears

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

death .cab for qt posted:

The funniest thread voted on for July should have August take up its rule, either non-swearing or swearing-only, but the OP gets to pick in case a DARN-tag poster wants swears or a gently caress-tag poster wants no swears

Alright, calm down buddy.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

hey guys, just spitballin here, but maybe we take this funny and cool idea that will make for comedy fun, and bury it in a bunch of spergy bullshit

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hey guys, just spitballin here, but maybe we take this funny and cool idea that will make for comedy fun, and bury it in a bunch of spergy bullshit

make it so you arent allowed to cuss AT someone

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

also you arent allowed to use words that someone might find offensive

Marslando
May 1, 2010
whichever option wins, mods please disable editing in GBS for the month so that idiot bitch transgressors cant cover theyre tracks, be prosecuted to the fullest extend of forums law and held up for public ridicule forever and ever amen.

tia~

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ralp posted:

This is a good idea but since swearing will be mandatory secretly make the tag an auto ban tag

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Here's a better idea: Best thread of July winner gets to make up an entirely new rule for august, rather than this weird battle between cussing/not cussing.

e: and hopefully if they made a good thread it means that they are smart enough to not pick a bad rule.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
The rule that won the vote is the one that will be enforced. Ralp is just saying that it might be interesting to throw out a thread tag that negates the rule for that thread only. I think it's not a bad idea.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I was talking about death cab's suggestion.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone please make a DARN tag, or something else to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

OMGVBFLOL posted:

kool just gotta find a funny and cool idea first

• Locked thread