Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
actually the males of the species is it gay if i gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
No, but you are already gay

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
it is if they can't get pregnant

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

hopefully they'll kill you before you find out op

cams
Mar 28, 2003

You are a nerd posted:

it is if they can't get pregnant
this

if you have sex with anyone for any purpose other than having a baby, you're gay

wearing a condom? you're gay.
wife can't have kids? you're gay
third thing? you're gay

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
death to xenos

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
if they're not human, it's bestiality so you're basically a gay dogfucker

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

dont sign Your posts

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

the little death to xenos
:mrgw:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Only if you fall in love OP

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fetus Tree posted:

actually the males of the species is it gay if i gently caress em

who cares?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
It's not gay to gently caress another species, man. like if a guy was loving a male bear would you call that gay bestiality? No! No one would ever make such a distinction.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
naw, bestiality

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
this is actually an interesting question, not about the gay part but what moral reservations will we have about inter-species erotic/romantic relationships if the other partner is of a sentient, intelligent, communicating species? Where is the line?

Like primates are smarter than dolphins and poo poo, but it's obviously still gross hosed up bestiality to have sex with a chimp. But if some aliens come visit us, at the same or higher level of cultural and technological sophistication as us, and therefore capable of meaningful consent, is there a problem with banging them/ marrying them/ whatever else consenting and mature individuals of each species want to do with each other? Would they view sex with US as bestiality, given that they are probably far advanced to us if they managed to make it here?

Would our moral instincts as a society be influenced by how different they appeared to us? If they were some weird tentacley slime monsters but totally chill and just kinda like us in that they drink fermented beverages to get tipsy and party and like hooking up, but physically are literal lovecraftian nightmares, and yet have really soothing singing voices and charming anecdotes about realising the interconnectedness of life on a fishing trip back on Tau Ceti IV, but secrete slime from orifices we aren't even sure the purpose of, but also play a mean xeno-guitar and are diligent about picking up after themselves, but are 15 meters long and capable of electrically charging their membrane surface, but definitely only as a vestigial evolutionary defense mechanism they no longer use or have a need for, but also live for 1000 years and lay eggs, but then also have a great film industry with compelling and complex characterisation and fun but thoughtful story lines and give really good head...

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Artificial Idiocy posted:

this is actually an interesting question, not about the gay part but what moral reservations will we have about inter-species erotic/romantic relationships if the other partner is of a sentient, intelligent, communicating species? Where is the line?

Like primates are smarter than dolphins and poo poo, but it's obviously still gross hosed up bestiality to have sex with a chimp. But if some aliens come visit us, at the same or higher level of cultural and technological sophistication as us, and therefore capable of meaningful consent, is there a problem with banging them/ marrying them/ whatever else consenting and mature individuals of each species want to do with each other? Would they view sex with US as bestiality, given that they are probably far advanced to us if they managed to make it here?

Would our moral instincts as a society be influenced by how different they appeared to us? If they were some weird tentacley slime monsters but totally chill and just kinda like us in that they drink fermented beverages to get tipsy and party and like hooking up, but physically are literal lovecraftian nightmares, and yet have really soothing singing voices and charming anecdotes about realising the interconnectedness of life on a fishing trip back on Tau Ceti IV, but secrete slime from orifices we aren't even sure the purpose of, but also play a mean xeno-guitar and are diligent about picking up after themselves, but are 15 meters long and capable of electrically charging their membrane surface, but definitely only as a vestigial evolutionary defense mechanism they no longer use or have a need for, but also live for 1000 years and lay eggs, but then also have a great film industry with compelling and complex characterisation and fun but thoughtful story lines and give really good head...

I am trying to find a pretty cool short sci fi story about human/alien sexuality, but I can't remember the author (I'm pretty sure it is someone famous in the science fiction scene) and I am tired of seeing things my google searches are returning. The point is that aliens are super bangin in the sack but you shouldn't screw them unless you're okay with spending your entire life longing for alien poon.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Peebla posted:

I am trying to find a pretty cool short sci fi story about human/alien sexuality, but I can't remember the author (I'm pretty sure it is someone famous in the science fiction scene) and I am tired of seeing things my google searches are returning. The point is that aliens are super bangin in the sack but you shouldn't screw them unless you're okay with spending your entire life longing for alien poon.

Also check out everything Larry Niven writes.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
it's adorable that you think the aliens (who have interstellar travel and all the cool tech that implies) are going to give you a choice. they'll do what they want, when they want with who they want.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

He's technically correct, OP.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Peebla posted:

The point is that aliens are super bangin in the sack but you shouldn't screw them unless you're okay with spending your entire life longing for alien poon.

Once you go Daktaklakpak you never go backtaklakpak

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Sounds like your alien is just a normal earth tranny

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Peebla posted:

A major plot point in Roger Zelazny's A Rose for Ecclesiastes was the main character knocking up an alien stripper and trying to kill himself when he finds out she did it all for clandestine politico-religious reasons.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

Also check out everything Larry Niven writes.

All the ringworld alien loving was less "spend your life longing for alien poon" and more "it's basically like a handshake between humanoid species at the start or end of trade negotiations".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

All the ringworld alien loving was less "spend your life longing for alien poon" and more "it's basically like a handshake between humanoid species at the start or end of trade negotiations".

I think the Vampires had addictive properties though.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

I think the Vampires had addictive properties though.

Yeah, but they just made you horny in general, not necessarily for them. Didn't they outlast the vampire siege by just loving each other until the vampire pheremones wore off?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Yeah, but they just made you horny in general, not necessarily for them. Didn't they outlast the vampire siege by just loving each other until the vampire pheremones wore off?

I vaguely recall something like that.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
heresy

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
So, wait, if loving an alien is bestiality, what about all the hot Romulan and Vulcan and Bajoran chicks from Star Trek? Does staring at T'Pol's tits make me some kind of perv?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

So, wait, if loving an alien is bestiality, what about all the hot Romulan and Vulcan and Bajoran chicks from Star Trek? Does staring at T'Pol's tits make me some kind of perv?

That's more of a... grey area HEYO :haw:

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

That's more of a... grey area HEYO :haw:

She's pretty grey. Kinda hot too.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

this is a cool conversation you two are having

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Peztopiary posted:

it's adorable that you think the aliens (who have interstellar travel and all the cool tech that implies) are going to give you a choice. they'll do what they want, when they want with who they want.

finally men will get to know the feeling of oppression

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

social vegan posted:

this is a cool conversation you two are having

Sorry, I'll get back to discussing the ethical implications of loving gay tit aliens.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's still a human actress playing the sexy star trek aliens, so I'd say it depends whether you find her attractive because of or in spite of her alien make up that determines whether you are a perv.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Both? Don't tell me you didn't like Kira's nose.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Both? Don't tell me you didn't like Kira's nose.

Didn't make that big an impression on me tbh.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

imma put my dick in they dick

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wanna bone a big gelatinous blob bad, ops mom gave me good practice for such life forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Peztopiary posted:

• Locked thread