Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Weakness. You were surrounded by it once. When Lord Calvin Endralgo took possession of his dynasty's warrant of trade, his rivals believed it would mark the slow decline of that house. However, few would have guessed just how dramatic his failure would be. Grasping desperately at whatever lifeline he could seize, the self-styled rogue trader invited the death of his dynasty with open arms. The Empyrean Marathon, the very core of the Endralgo dynasty, was to die at the hands of mere pirates. Marauders invited aboard in an act of treachery gone awry. The pitiless invaders savaged the Marathon and stripped it bare. Endralgo would lose his life, but not all those clinging to the great ship's hulk were to share its fate.

Desperate and adrift the crew of The Mantle were left to the mercy of those xenos pirates whose avarice or foolishness caused them to be left behind. It was to be a time of horror and awakening. The slow or stupid were quickly culled, victims of the many hazards old or new. The clever and the strong learned to adapt to new circumstances. Some did so through simple might of arms, others through control of a precious resource, or one of a hundred other skills all aimed toward extending their existence just a few more days. Over time these disparate survivors gathered into groups, claiming some portion the hell that was once their home or their victim. In this way an uneasy truce forms, each group held in check by the resources of the collective others. It is a fragile peace, but peace nevertheless.

From these enclaves, all ears now listen. Something is happening, something that changes everything. Someone new has come.

I'm shamelessly stealing the base premise for this game from an earlier thread run by Beer4theBeerGod, so credit where due. This is going to be a game for 4-6 players each controlling their own personal faction aboard a pirate frigate. In addition to creating a character, every entry is to come with a description of the faction that you represent. This can be a mercenary band, the bridge crew, the engineering crew, the mob of unskilled laborers in control of the gunnery deck, or whatever else you think will fit. On top of that, select one ship component to upgrade or add to the vessel. If this should cause the ship to go over the available space or power I'll likely trade profit factor for ship points to improve quality until everything fits.

Character Creation
For character creation I suggest you use the excellent tool found here. However you are to manually roll for all entered stats either on Orokos or in #irc. Get my attention in #acolyte on synirc if you want to do the latter. Attributes are 2d10+base 10x, drop the lowest roll. You can roll up to three sets then pick your favorite. Distribute the scores as you please. All others are as listed for your race or origin. Speaking of Origin paths, core book and Into the Storm, you can make one free pick rather than sticking strictly to the linked path if you wish. Still have to pay any associated experience cost though. Lineages can be used if you want more stuff to spend experience on, though do consider that above board contacts might not be keen on dealing with horrible reavers.

Xenos are fine, No dark Eldar for the previously mentioned reasons and Tau will require one hell of a good story for why they're adrift on a human derelict, but if you really want to be a craftworld space elf off having a fun and exciting adventure as a pirate chieftain feel free to submit it.

Gear is the standard for a fresh faced newbie rank 1 character. You get your starter stuff and a +0 freebie. A quick reference sheet can be found here. You're playing as castaways turned pirate after all, you need to kill the other guy and take their stuff.

Total value of 8000 total experience or 3500 to spend

House Rules
I will be using the “Mathhammer” house rules for ship combat, which are summarized below. The reasoning for this is because in their current incarnation macrocannon batteries are powerful to the point of effectively outstripping every other weapon out there. I am perfectly willing to discuss these house rules if people feel I should consider something else.
  • Armour stats on all vessels are reduced by 12, to a minimum of 0.
  • Macrocannon and bomber damage is resolved one hit at a time with the reduced armour rating counting against every hit, not stacked into one massive amount.
  • Stygies class macrocannon penetrator rounds only reduce armour for hits from that weapon, not all macrocannon hits in that salvo.
  • All broadsides have their strength reduced to 3, but gain the Storm quality.
  • All lance class weapons gain the Tearing quality.
  • Lance batteries score additional hits per 2 degrees of success, not 3.
  • All torpedoes (except vortex) reduce the damage they do by 12.
  • Rak’Gol Howler class macrocannon reduce armour rating temporarily by 1 per hit from that weapon. Note that this is per weapon, not per ship firing.
Sunsears are also being tweaked to make them less mandatory
  • All Sunsear weapons do 1d10+1 damage instead of 1d10+2.
  • Sunsear Broadsides are S4 instead of S3 and have the Storm quality.

Recruitment will probably run for a week or two barring a particularly strong early showing. I'll give at least a few days notice before closing it at any rate. The above rules aren't all set in stone, so if you've got something you really want to do feel free to run it past me in #acolyte on synirc. Same goes for if you want an elite advance or the like.

Tran fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

This looks cool as all hell.

Expect crossovers immediately. :D

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

This is a rad concept and I plan on following this closely.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Moving countries got in the way of internet nerdgames but I'm still interested.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I work with the caveat that I would prefer Roll20 significantly to PbP like woah.

Remigius "Remi the Red" Nicator

When Kallistrate Nicator, of the prestigious-but-cursed Nicator line of Tech Priests, infused her vat-grown son with tissues from a frog-like xenos creature, you'd imagine that son would grow up resentful of her, or perhaps humanity in general.
You'd think that, but unfortunately you are not Remigius Nicator.

Remigius had a wonderful family life when growing up, lavished in praise for his intelligence and appreciating the abilities of his froggy form. He never really wanted for anything that his orbital station could possibly give him, from excellent living qualities to as much research equipment he could ever want. Yet he slowly developed a thirst for adventure, and a desire to accumulate riches of his own. A tear-felt goodbye, and Remigius set off on an adventure aboard the exploratory vessel Inviolable Will, searching for wealth and knowledge in the distant reaches of space.

That was a mistake. The ship left the warp unexpectedly and was caught in the gravitational pull of a large, unpleasantly rusty uncharted planet. It seems that this planet has some kind of cross-warp pull, a minor breach into the hellspace, that pulls ships in and crashes them if their navigator doesn't spot it early enough. Whatever the case is, Remigius was forced to abandon ship on a shuttle along with most of the important crew, and spent a good two years on this planet in the worst time of his life. An endless bright red desert sustaining little life, he and the research team had to survive mostly on the supplies they brought with them. The coarse, rusty sand of the planet penetrated his skin and left him candy red, more-or-less like splotchy full-body-tattoo. Despite the world conspiring against him, he survived, and learned to be a drat good survivalist at that. Most of his fellow tech-priests did not. They had trouble adapting to feral life.

As luck would have it, two years later the Empyrean Marathon was pulled into space around this planet as well, and fortunately did not get caught in the planet's gravity well. As the crew harvested remains from the Inviolable Will they found the rag-tag bunch of tough, beet red survivors, lead by a terrifyingly large frog-man calling himself Remi the Red. Bearing official seals and marks of the Adeptus Mechanicus and governing a squad of engineers, they were brought in alongside the harvested Miloslav h-616.b Warp engine. They already knew how it worked, after all.

Flash forward another two years, after the pirate squabble, and Remi's Aedifex Rubrum team is stranded yet again, looking to the frog for guidance. Holed up in the keel of the ship, as close to the engine as is safe, the survival-minded engineers and maintenance crew of the ship struggle to survive in the contest between squads.

quote:

Career: Explorator
Homeworld: Forge World
Birthright: Unnatural Origin (Contaminated Environs)
Lure of the Void: Tainted (Mutant)
(Free Choice) Trials and Travails: Lost Worlds (Rogue Planet)
Motivation: Fortune
Lineage: Accursed Be Thy Name (Secret Taint)

Characteristics:
WS: 42 (42-5 (Forge World)+5 (Advance))
BS: 39 (39)
S: 51 (36+10 (Aberration)+5 (Advance))
T: 40 (35+5 (Advance))
Ag: 38 (28+10 (Aberration))
Int: 50 (42+5 (Forge World)-2 (Aberration)+5 (Advance))
Per: 38 (38)
WP: 54 (35+3(Forge World)+3 (Contaminated Environs)+3 (Rogue Planet)+5 (Secret Taint)+5 (Advance))
Fel: 25 (38-3 (Contaminated Environs)-10 (Aberration))
Wounds: 13 (4x2+4+1 (Forge World))
Fate Points: 4 (3+1 (Fortune))
Insanity: 11 (8 (Cortex Implants)+ 3 (Rogue Planet)
Corruption: 17 (Secret Taint)

Skills:
Awareness (Advance)+10 (Advance)
Common Lore: Machine Cult (Starting)
Common Lore: Tech (Starting)
Deceive (Secret Taint)
Dodge (Advance)
Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech (Starting)
Forbidden Lore: Adeptus Mechanicus (Starting)
Literacy (Starting)
Logic (Starting)
Medicae (Advance)
Psyniscience (Exceptional Advance)
Security (Advance)
Speak Language: Exploratory Binary (Starting)
Speak Language: Low Gothic (Starting)
Speak Language: Techna Lingua (Starting)
Survival (Rogue Planet)
Tech-Use (Starting)
Trade: Technomat (Starting)

Talents:
Technical Knock (Forge World)
Resistance: Poisons (Contaminated Environs)
Dark Soul (Secret Taint)
Universal Basic Weapon Training (Starting)
Universal Melee Weapon Training (Starting)
Logis Implant (Starting)
Autosanguine (Advance)
Prosanguine (Advance)

Traits:
Psy Rating 2 (Wyrdling Mutation)
Mechanicus Implants (Starting)
Unnatural Intelligence x2 (Good Cortex Implants)
Stranger of the Cult (Forge World)

Psychic Powers:
Disciplines Available: None! (Wyrdling)
Desperate Transmogrification (200xp/Starting) (Wyrdling)
Shielded by the Warp (400xp/Starting) (Wyrdling)

Gear:
Multikey (Starting)
Void Suit (Starting)
Injector (Starting)
Sacred Unguents (Starting)
Micro-Bead (Starting)
Combi-Tool (Starting)
Dataslate (Starting)
Servo-Skull (Starting)

Acquisitions:
Best-Quality Adamantine Combat Shield (Starting) (See weapon stats below)

Starting Expenditures:
Imagine I refund a bunch of skills and talents to afford these within the normal 500xp limit and then buy them again later as advances.
Contaminated Environs (200xp)
Rogue Planet (200xp)
Secret Taint (400xp)
Upgrade Starting Implants (400xp)

Advances:
Rank 1
Awareness (100xp)
Security (200xp)
Autosanguine (200xp)
Simple Weapon Skill (250xp)
Simple Strength (100xp)
Simple Toughness (100xp)
Simple Intelligence (100xp)
Simple Willpower (250xp)
Rank 2
Prosanguine (200xp)
Medicae (200xp)
Awareness+10 (200xp)
Dodge (200xp)
Psyniscience (200xp) (Except.)

Weapons and Armor:
Good Power Axe
1d10+12 E Pen 7
+5 to Hit, -10 to Parry
Unbalanced

Best Adamantine Combat Shield
1d5+6 I Pen 0
+0 to Hit, +15 to Parry
Defensive, +3 to Armor on Left Arm & Body

Boltgun
1d10+4 X Pen 4
90m Range, S/2/4, 24 Clip, Full Reload
+0 to Hit
Tearing

Enforcer Light Carapace
+5 Armor to All Locations

Current:
5 Head
5 Right Arm
8 Left Arm
8 Body
5 Left Leg
5 Right Leg

Implants & Cybernetics:
Good Aetheric Wave-Spars (+1 to Psy Rating while Pushing, -10 to Psychic Phenomena) (Starting)
Good Cortex Implants (Unnatural Intelligence x2) (Starting)

Mutations:
Wyrdling
Aberration

mdct fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 13, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Having been a player in Beer's original game this is inspired by, I shall have to apply.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I will do my best to push you eldar drugs.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

I will do my best to push you eldar drugs.

You're not allowed to be Xanatova unless you actually resume posting as her in Rogue Crusade again.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Werix posted:

You're not allowed to be Xanatova unless you actually resume posting as her in Rogue Crusade again.

I wont be Xanatova, I'll be Farseer Avotanax.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I think I'll make an Ork Mek who's in charge of engineering. You know, COZ HE'S DA BIGGEST.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jackson "The Butcher" Ericksonne

Jackson was doomed from the womb. Born on a Death World where even the plant-life was an apex predator, Jackson was surrounded by death the moment he was born. Such worlds are no places for children, but given the fact that not only is mankind on such worlds, but that Jackson was able to make it to adulthood illustrates exactly why mankind is the preeminent lifeform in the galaxy.

Unknown to Jackson, his home world was in the Kronus Expanse, and a rogue trader "discovered" the world while exploring the Expanse. Granted no one told Jackson or his people that the world was apparently up for grabs. Neither did anyone tell Jackson's people that the giant metal mountains that they lived in were full of Archeotech, but Jackson and his people learned rather quick about Archeotech, the Age of Strife, the Imperium, and Warrants of Trade as the Rogue Trader and his private army took to eliminating the pesky locals and claiming the treasure. In the end these death worlders were no match for Imperium Technology, and the Rogue Trader grabbed up Jackson and some of his peers and press-ganged them into a boarding party.

It appeared that this Rogue Trader was a rather piratical sort, and Jackson was quickly used on many board manouvers. Jackson was rather good at killing stuff, so he found himself rather valuable to the crew. That is until the Rogue Trader attacked a fellow Rogue Trader and tried to board the The Empyrean Marathon. The crew was well organized, and the ship a nightmare to fight on. During the fighting it became clear to Jackson that they were going to loose, and cut off from his peers, Jackson disappeared below the waterline. A month later he found himself in the galley of the ship helping to butcher the frozen grox in the ship's holds. No one questioned where the new worker came from, and soon enough he was a member of the crew.

This was the happiest and stablest time in Jackson's life. But as with everything in his life, it was not to last. Calvin Endralgo took over the ship, and quickly Jackson found himself adrift in a space hulk with the ship quickly factionalizing. It became apparent that the Galley and food stores were to become an important resource, and Jackson, being the biggest of the group, was looked to as a leader. They organized and repelled anyone trying to take the Galleys, and traded food with those who brought other needed supplies for trade.

Eventually all the fresh food was eaten, and due to power failures all across the hulk, the refrigeration was useless. All that was left was canned goods, and some of the few vegetables and fruits in the hydroponics houses. With food supplies dwindling, Jackson and his fellow Cleavers, as the entire galley staff had become known by, became desperate. It started first with fliers distributed around the ship indicating that the Cleavers were taking in new members. It did not take long for the others on board to realize they were seeing very few new faces among the Cleavers. Then it shifted to the Cleavers sending out hunting parties. They tried to stick to the xenos that had begun boarding the Hulk, but most of the time man was more plentiful. Throughout all this time other factions on board the ship still came to trade for meat. Either not knowing where the Cleavers were getting it, or not caring. Some factions made permanent alliances with the Cleavers, trading their resources and influence for guarantees that none of their members would be added to the menu.

Jackson coped the best he could. At first he couldn't sleep, haunted by what he had done and the faces of all those people hunk to drain like a grox. Jackson eventually dissociated, insisting he be called the Butcher, which no one was in any position to argue about.

I advocate for The Tenebro-Maze as the ship component.

I have 44 insanity. I assume that whatever Traumas I would have suffered are long past, but since I reached 40 insanity, I do get one minor disorder. I would request Visions and Voices. I do not plan on taking Cold Soul right away to wipe the slate clean, though will eventually

pre:
Career: Arch Militant/reaver
Homeworld: Death World
Birthright: Scavenger
Lure of the Void: Tainted (insane)
Trials and Travails: Pressganged
Motivation: Endurance
Lineage: None

Characteristics:
WS: 49=(25+14)+10(advance)
BS:  33=(25+8)
S:  55= (25+20) +5 (homeworld)+5(advance)
T:  51= (25+18)+5 (homeworld)+3(tainted)
Ag: 41 = (25 +11)+5(advance)
Int:  34= (25+9)
Per:  35= (25+10)
WP:  41=(25+13) -5(homeworld)+3(birthright)+5 (advance)
Fel:  22=(25+5) -5 (homeworld)-3(tainted)

Wounds: 17=5x2 +5+1(endurance) +1(sound constitution) 
Fate Points: 2
Insanity: 44=1(scav)=13(tainted)+22(reaver at rank 1)+7(reaver traits) +1(chem geld)
Corruption: 0=

Skills:
Dodge 
Common Lore (war) +10
Intimidate +10
Scholastic lore (TI)
Secret Tongue (military)
Speak Language low gothic

Talents:
Jaded
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Resistance (fear)
Basic weapon training (Universal)
Pistol weapon training (universal)
Melee weapon training (Universal)
Sound constitution
Enemy (rogue traders, Nobility, Imperial navy)
Die hard
Frenzy
Disturbing voice
Hatred (All)

Traits:
Paranoid (-10 social interaction in formal environment)
Survivor (+10 to resist pinning and shock)
Jealous Freedom

Disorders:
Voices of the Butchered

Gear:
Two bolt pistols
Good craftsmanship Grox Whip w/mono
Micro-bead
Void suit
Enforcer light carapace armor
Boltshell keepsake
medikit
manacles
3 doses of stimm

Acquisitions:
Good quality power fist

Advances: EXP unspent 50
Rank 1
WP simple 500
Die hard 300
Frenzy 200
Disturbing voice 200
Intimidate +10 200
Hatred (all)
WS simple 250
WS inter 500
Agility simple 100
str simple 100

stat array #1: 10#2d10 10 19 15 7 9 15 5 5 9 13
stat array #2: 10#2d10 20 16 9 6 14 11 5 15 5 11
stat array #3: 10#2d10 18 9 5 13 14 2 10 20 11 8
starting wounds: 1d5+2 5
fate points: 1d10 1
scavenger insanity: 1d5 1
tainted insanity: 2d10 13
additional insanity from reaver at rank 1: 14+1d10 22
insanity from taking reaver: 1d10+5 7

Werix fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 12, 2015

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Gosh, I'm gonna have to dust off the Rogue Trader books to make, like, an Astropath or an Ork or something.

Edit:
Oh yeah, I greatly favor Roll20 over PbP.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 11, 2015

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I'm interested in doing this if its on Roll 20, I'll make a character some time tomorrow.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I have heard stories of Rogue Trader, but never played. Would this game be newbie friendly?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Sure, PS. If it's PBP I can either walk you through rolls or handle them myself. If we shift to Roll20 the tools do most of it for you. Character creation can be a bit intimidating, but the spreadsheet tools help a lot. Anything else you can ask me in IRC.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Travis Skink

Travis was once by all accounts a normal noble brat from a normal noble family, but he got curious. It wasn't long before he gathered his own crew to strike out into the stars in his personal journey of discovery.

Needless to say, it failed miserably. He was held hostage for many weeks by a pirate force who relentlessly questioned him regarding the secrets of his family. Travis told them snippets of truth amongst large amounts of nonsense, allowing him to survive until the day that their ship was blown to smithereens. Some Imperial Navy ship or system patrol craft had destroyed his captors. Travis was unwilling to enter a deep sleep with a bitter smile, fearing a plunge into dark dreams.

His surprise upon awakening aboard the Empyrean Marathon was large to say the least. He happily volunteered to be put to work aboard the vessel so long as he'd be making new discoveries in the name of the Emperor. For this, he became the foremost expert on any internal concerns to the ship.

Travis grew lax as the journey went on. The most work he had done on any given day when Lord Calvin Endralgo took charge was drinking with the officers onboard the vessel. On the day Endralgo lost his life Travis had simply been hiding inside the ship's starboard Mars Pattern Macrocannon Broadside along with the majority of the starboard gunnery deck clans. They had stayed there for weeks to ensure their safety, and only left out of necessity. Not long after did the Port Broadside clans strike, launching minor raids on the starboard pantries. Travis then co-operated with the few remaining engineers in order to start hiding the food and other goods inside hollowed out macrocannon shells.

Travis personally oversaw trade with any other faction aboard the ship, using as much leverage as he could in the deals with as much of the information he had retained from his days on the bridge. Upon hearing the sounds from outside, Travis ordered the gun crews to ready the Macrocannons for firing.

quote:

Career: Seneschal
Homeworld: Noble Born, Peer (Military)
Birthright: Vaunted (+3 Fellowship)
Lure of the Void: New Horizons, Seeker of the Truth (Occult)
Trials and Travails: Dark Voyage (Pirates)
Motivation: Fear, Tormented
Lineage: A Long and Glorious History, A Dark Secret

Characteristics:
WS: 30=(5+25)
BS: 36=(25+11)
S: 33= (25+8)
T: 39= (14+25)
Ag: 34= (9+25)
Int: 45= (17+28)
Per: 35= (13+22)
WP: 35= (15+20)
Fel: 40= (7+33)

Wounds: 10
Fate Points: 6
Insanity: 11
Corruption: 4

Skills:
Barter (Trained)
Commerce (Trained)
Common Lore Underworld (Trained)
Deceive (+10)
Evaluate (Trained)
Forbidden Lore Archaeotech and Pirates (Trained)
Inquiry (Trained)
Literacy (Trained)
Storyteller (Trained)
Occult (Trained)
Scrutiny (Trained)
Speak Language Low Gothic (Trained)
Speak Language Trader's Cant (Trained)

Talents and Traits
Decadence
Etiquette
Jaded
Light Sleeper
Peer (Nobility, Military)
Resistance (Fear)
Seeker of Lore
Vendetta

Gear:
Common-Craftsmanship inferno pistol. Common-Craftsmanship boltgun. Xeno-mesh armour. Autoquill, dataslate, micro-bead, multikey, two sets of robes, synskin, chrono, cameleoline cloak.

Acquisitions:

One Smoke Grenade

Advances: 100 XP Unspent
BS (Simple)
Int (Simple)
Perception (Intermediate)
Fellowship (Expert)
Rank 1

Stat Array 1: 11 5 13 14 17 9 5 15 17 8
Stat Array 2: 15 13 4 4 7 10 4 5 17 6
Stat Array 3: 9 3 7 6 14 14 8 17 11 11
Wounds: 4
Fate: 6
Insanity: 7
Insanity bonus due to Dark Voyage: 4
Corruption : 5

This is my first time making a Rogue Trader character, did I make any mistakes?

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 13, 2015

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Do you have any particular adventures or themes in mind? Or are you waiting to see what kind of submissions you get? So far it looks like a mutant, a Hotline Miami character, and...a pretty normal clerk.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

I'm waiting to see what I get, then I'll mold things around the group that we end up with. The most obvious aspect is the ship cobbled together around the chosen parts.

Herpicle, the one thing that jumps out at me is you've got it listed as no advances or leftover experience. You should've spent 3500 experience, and be midway through rank 2. Now without actually looking at all the origin picks I expect you already spent some or all of it, but make sure you give yourself access to the rank 2 stuff as well.

Edit: Yeah, after looking more closely you should have quite a bit more to spend on your seneschal.

Tran fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 13, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Finally finished backstory and who my squad is and everything. Check out my cool frogman.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Gregori Murdoch

Gregori has not had the easiest life. Born into the constant politicking (both internal and external) of the Navis Nobilite, he was initially considered one of the worst additions to House Cassini. He spent his early years ostracized, forced to live in the worst portions of his ship along with the rest of the rejects, failures, and disappointments. Once he was old enough to represent the family, he was farmed out to dying Rogue Trader dynasties. Every time those dynasties finally collapsed around him, he returned to his house in shame, having nothing to give him the leverage he desperately needed if he was going to earn any respect at all. He was trapped in a seemingly inescapable loop: he couldn't earn his family anything of value when he was stuck on incompetently run, poorly maintained ships, but he couldn't get assigned to a good ship without proving he could create something of value to the family. Despite this, he was always certain that he was destined to become someone of importance; one day, he was sure, his brilliance would be acknowledged and he would be catapulted into the position of power he clearly deserved. There was nothing wrong with him, he reasoned; clearly, the rest of House Cassini was conspiring against their obvious better.

The terrible losses suffered by House Cassini at the hands of Aspyce Chorda were precisely the boon he was waiting for. With its greatest sons and daughters dead, House Cassini was forced to rely on its lesser children in a desperate bid to remain relevant. "Failures" like Gregori were now among the best Navigators remaining, since they had plenty of experience in navigating for poorly-maintained ships along terrible warp routes. When he was assigned to the Endralgo dynasty and learned that he would be Navigator aboard the Empyrean Marathon, he was thrilled. This was finally Gregori's chance to prove he had deserved to be in the upper echelon all along.

But just after he arrived aboard the Marathon, Lord Calvin took control. The damned fool. His incompetence had ruined everything. In the aftermath of Endralgo's final failure, Navigator Murdoch realized what his mistake had been all along. He'd been waiting for power to come to him, instead of seizing it in a deathgrip and never letting go. In the chaos of the early days, he seized control of the bridge and the surrounding area, promising protection to anyone who would serve him and killing anyone who disputed his right to rule. The other groups quickly learned that raiding the domain of a man who can kill at a glance was a poor idea.

As the situation aboard the Marathon stabilized, Gregori and his men took on the role of black marketeers, spies, and smugglers. Stability wasn't good for business, so Gregori made sure the rumor mill kept running, his spies sowing information (true and false) to keep the factions in a constant low-boil war. If you pissed someone off enough that they refused to trade with you, but needed whatever supplies they controlled, you could come crawling to the self-styled "Lord Navigator" Murdoch, who would be happy to find you a source...for a price. If someone wanted to find hidden paths into enemy territory, he was happy to provide the maps on the bridge computers if he was promised a cut of whatever they were stealing. Cross him, and he had enough bridge personnel and functioning computers under his control to shut blast doors and seal maintenance hatches until a faction was all but cut off from the rest of the ship.

Let them all curse his name under their breath, let them quietly rage at being under the thumb of a filthy mutant. What mattered is that they'd never dare say it to his face. From where the Lord Navigator was sitting, fear and respect looked about the same. As the first shudders of impact from outside the vessel fade, he smiles in the dark. He knew he had a greater destiny than rotting away in this dead ship. Now he just had to watch carefully, wait for his chance...and take it.

---

For the ship component, I want a Warpsbane Hull. No preference for PBP/Roll20.

pre:
Career: Navigator (House Cassini)
Homeworld: Voidborn
Birthright: Scavenger
(Free Choice) Lure of the Void: Chosen by Destiny (Fated for Greatness)
Trials and Travails: High Vendetta
Motivation: Prestige
Lineage: A Proud Tradition (Uncertain Inheritance)

Characteristics:
WS:   30 (+5)
BS:   44 (+14 +5)
S:    30 (-5 Homeworld +10)
T:    45 (+15 +5)
Ag:   38 (+13)
Int:  52 (+17 +5 +5)
Per:  55 (+3 Uncertain Inheritance +17 +5 +5)
WP:   58 (+5 Homeworld +3 Birthright +20 +5)
Fel:  29 (+6 -2 Mutation)

Wounds: 14 (13+1)
Fate Points: 4 (3 + 1 Fated for Greatness)
Insanity: 5 (+2 Birthright +3 Fated for Greatness)
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Awareness +10
Ciphers (Nobilite Family)
Common Lore (Imperial Navy, Navis Nobilite)
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Navigators, Warp)
Inquiry
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Stellar +10, Warp)
Pilot (Spacecraft) (Untrained)
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader)
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic, Ship Dialect)
Trade (Astrographer)

Talents:

Die Hard
Enemy (Chorda Dynasty)
Good Reputation (House Visscher, Winterscale Dynasty)
Jaded
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Navigator (House Cassini (Nomadic))
Paranoia
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Resistance (Fear)
Rival (Chorda Dynasty)
Talented (Awareness, Navigation (Warp))

Traits:

Charmed: Whenever a voidborn spends a FP, roll 1d10.
On a natural 9, the FP is not lost.

Ill-Omened: -5 to Fellowship with non-voidborn humans.

Void Accustomed: Immune to space travel sickness. 
Zero/low gravity environs are not Difficult Terrain.

Brook No Insult: You will allow no serious offence to
your honour and person or those under your protection to
pass unchallenged, meeting threat with threat and violence
with violence. You may take a WP test to avert this if 
you wish, modified by the provocation and the consequences
(set by the GM) of succumbing to your rage.

A Taste for the Warp: Can spend a Fate Point to automatically
succeed in using a Navigator power; if DoS is relevant to the 
effects, he succeeds by 1d5 DoS, with 5 counting as 0 DoS.

Scorn of Dirt Dwellers: Whenever the Navigator is on a planetary
body and must deal with locals he suffers a -10 to all Fellowship
tests and skills based on Fellowship.

The Eye is Open: Does not gain CP from Warp Shock.

Signature Ritual: When attempting to determine the status of a
Warp Route, a Navigator of House Cassini who spends a Fate Point
to reroll his Psyniscience test gains a +20 bonus on the second 
roll if this ritual is performed beforehand.

Navigator Powers and Mutations:

The Lidless Stare (Novice)
Foreshadowing (Novice)
Inward View (Novice)
Immolate the Soul (Novice)

Teeth Sharp As Needles (Natural Weapons, -2 Fel)

Gear:

BC Hellpistol
BC Metal Staff
BC Xeno-mesh Armour
Emperor's Tarot Deck
Silk Headscarf
Nobilite Robes
Charm
Micro-Bead
Conversion Field

Acquisitions:

Conversion Field (-30 Extremely Rare +30 Negligible)

Starting Expenditures:

Uncertain Inheritance-300

Advances: EXP unspent 0

Rank (1)-2200 total

Int +5-100
Per +5-100
WP +5-100
Awareness-100
Intimidate-100
Trade (Astrographer)-100
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)-100
Common Lore (Imperial Navy)-100
Ciphers (Nobilite Family)-100
Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader)-100
Sound Constitution-200
T +5-250
BS +5-250
Per +5 (2)-250
Int +5 (2)-250

Rank (2)-1000 total

Awareness +10-200
Jaded-200
Dodge-200
Immolate the Soul (Novice)-200
Navigation (Stellar) +10-200

Stat Array 1: 17 5 15 20 13 6 17 10 14 5
Stat Array 2: 13 11 10 6 12 12 13 12 13 7
Stat Array 3: 14 16 12 15 7 7 8 13 10 16
Wounds: 5
Fate: 1d10 4
Insanity: 5
Starting Navigator Mutation: 81
Mutation Fellowship Loss: 2
Navigator Mutation vs 55: 1d100 33

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 20, 2015

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Tran posted:

Edit: Yeah, after looking more closely you should have quite a bit more to spend on your seneschal.

Alright, I've fixed it (I think).

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Rolled up a Missionary! I'll post the stats and fluff tonight.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Alright, I've fixed it (I think).

Went over your stuff, and here's what I could find that you overlooked. First off you seem to have shorted yourself on ten Fel by treating your second 17 as a 7. The rest of it is a little more complicated to explain.

So starter experience in rogue trader is a bit of a mess. Every character starts with 4500 experience "spent" on their creation package. That is to say everything you get for free in your career choice is counted as having been paid for. After that you get the 500 base experience, and then 3000 additional that I awarded you to start with. You seem to have spent 400 of your starter points on expanded origins as normal, but then stalled on what to do with the rest? You spent another 1550 experience on attribute advances, but unless you've bought something else I missed you're still sitting at 6450 spent and 1550 experience remaining. When you spend another 550 you'll roll over to rank 2 and immediately gain access to the new stuff from there, be it rank 2 seneschal or an appropriate alternate rank.

Don't feel bad about missing this stuff by the way, the Rogue Trader rule books are notoriously poorly written. Still a great game though, once you get past all that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
And do keep in mind that even when you roll over into rank two, you can still buy rank one stuff and characteristic advances. I didn't spend one point of exp on rank two advances; all my exp was spent on rank 1 advances and characteristic advances.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Preacher William Fly

William was raised upon the Emperor’s Great Radiance, a grand warship at the great reaches of a crusade that swept through a legion of the Imperium’s foes. Years passed in pitched combat and blockading actions and William grew strong and talented. But life changed on the fateful day of the Emperor’s Great Radiance destruction. Ships empowered by the The Ruinious forces ambushed the picket force Wiliam’s ship was ordered to join, and the mighty ship fell to a rugged frontier planet. Of untold millions that crewed the ship, only a small thousand survived.

Most died in the ensuing flames, froze in the cold, or starved. William trekked hundreds of miles in biting wind and snow before finding a small Imperial settlement. There he was taken in by a small monastery of grim-faced monks. In exchange for his bread, William acted as a porter to the monks. They would travel from one isolated hamlet to another, preaching and administering His word to the cold people of the planet. William learned much from these monks, respecting their ways. Clearly, the loss of his ship and family were a test to measure William’s worthiness.

Eventually, war arrived to the small backwater. The Enemies’ forces swept through the system like wildfire. While Imperial Guard forces arrived to fortify the cold planet, the rest of the populace were evacuated. William, full of new faith and vigor, honed his body and mind by volunteering to aid a battle-priest embedded in the ship’s marines – memorizing entire catechisms while training his martial abilities.

His new ship, The Scourge of Temptation struck deep against a pirate fortress. During the final boarding action, William’s mentor was killed, and William taken hostage by the foul pirates. On pain of his life, William was forced into using his small medical training from the monks. For years, he patched up all manner of filth and stubjack, biding his time to strike and claim vengeance. As time passed however, William saw no evidence of The Enemies’ influence. Although there was no preacher, all of the villains worshipped the Emperor of the Void, a great beacon that guided them through the dark.

William saw his opportunity. Having ingratiated himself with the crew, he offered to give services to the raiders before combat. Promising eternal life in the glory of the Emperor (of the Void) he blessed the pirates. He counseled them to burn or destroy all traces of the Ruinous forces. Urged them to prey on foul zenos and avoid unnecessarily harming Imperial convoys. In this way, William found his true purpose. Though monks and the other ecclesiarchy hate and loathe all men that are pirates, calling them traitors and worshippers of The Enemy, William knew the truth: The Emperor loves all, and no man should be outside his light. With devotion, sacrifice, and proper guidance, his newfound crew could be used as a brutal weapon against the enemies of the Golden Throne.

Years later, his new ship joined a raiding party targeting The Mantle. By now an old man, and ever more dedicated to his radical beliefs, Preacher William Fly relished the opportunity for more ministration. The disorganized vessel was little challenge for the assembled raiders, and William went along to capture medical supplies with his piratical colleagues. A cruel chance of fate – Preacher now says destiny – stranded his party in the ship. As the chaos spread and the crew turned on each other, William recognized the potential of his new circumstances. After fortifying the medical deck and rallying his comrades, the Preacher's flock begun striking outward at xenos and agents of the ruinous powers left behind. Calling themselves the Knights Hospitaller, they offered security and stability in a dangerous and insane place. Medical supplies, most important in the festering wreck for anything resembling long-term survival, made substantial bargaining chips. Moreover, Preacher Fly insisted that all wounded were welcome. Although supplies would only be used if the wounded had appropriate barter, even the most mortally wounded were ministered till their passing.

Now, Preacher Fly treats each patient as potential convert. While checking for signs of The Enemy, he preaches honor and faith in the Emperor in whatever way he thinks most effective. In the uneasy peace that has settled on The Mantle, Preacher Fly aims to make the Emperor’s voice heard throughout the ship – by speech or by sword.

quote:

Homeworld (Free Choice): Battlefleet
Birthright: Fringe Survivor (Survivalist)
Lure of the Void: Crusade (Warrior)
Trials and Travails: Calamity
Motivation: Devotion (Creed)
Career: Missionary

Characteristics:
WS: 52=(25+13) +5(crusader) +10(intermediate)
BS: 30=(25+5)
S: 41=(25+11) +5(simple)
T: 45= (25+13) +5(crusader)+3(fringe survivor)
Ag: 33= (25+8)
Int: 30= (25+5)
Per: 31= (25+11) -5(battlefleet)
WP: 50=(25+15) +5(battlefleet) +5(simple)
Fel: 52=(25+19) +3(battlefleet) -5(crusader) +10 (intermediate)

Wounds: 12 =4x2 +4
Fate Points: 5 =4+1
Insanity: 3 =1d5+1

Skills:
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imp. Creed, Imp. Navy, Imperium)
Dodge
Literacy
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Medicae
Navigation (Stellar)
Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed)
Speak Language (Battlefleet Cant, High Gothic, Low Gothic)
Survival

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Inspire Wrath Talent
Light Sleeper
Meditation
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Nerves of Steel
Pure Faith
Unshakeable Faith
Void Accustomed

Gear:
Good-craftsmanship Chainsword
Good-craftsmanship Flamer
Best-craftsmanship Guard Flak Armor
Ecclesiarchal robes
Aquila pendant
Sepulcher, censer, and incense
Micro-bead

Advances:
Void Suit

Advances:
Rank 1 (Missionary)
Fellowship (Intermediate) – 350
Weapon Skill (Intermediate) – 350
Strength (Simple) – 250
Willpower (Simple) – 100
Awareness – 100
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy) - 100
Dodge – 100
Literacy – 100
Sound Constitution – 200
Flamer Weapon Training – 500
Rank 2
Divine Ministration – 500

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

For the ship component, I vote for Temple-Shrine to the God Emperor. I think it'd be cool if my dude didn't know it existed yet!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I think Swashbuckler would be an absolutely perfect alternate path to shoot for. I think it could match this character exactly, as well as being one of the signature kinds of pirate.

”Oh my. Salutations, Sister Hospitaller!”
Tristan Endralgo, Missionary
It was a desperate gamble to reinvigorate a dying Dynasty. Create a clone of Saint Tristan Entralgo from a relic? Use the mythical founder of the Dynasty bring about a second founding? Madness.

Also, failure. (Good job, Calvin)

That hasn’t put a dampened his spirits. Very little seems to. No matter how terrible the situation, he always seems very...centered. Genuinely glad to see you, ready to work on any task, no matter how trivial or how dire.
Though in these days, very little is remembered about his progenitor, the mythical founder of the Dynasty, the modern Tristan is busy making a start on his own legend.
Already tales are being told around the ship of his indefatigable defense of Medicae Deck. While it surely couldn’t be true that he “fought for a day and night for a week, and slew ten thousand xenos, and bled enough blood to save a hundred men”, it’s indisputable that his heroic vigil kept the Medicae Deck from being overrun, and that as the battle stopped, he paused only to bind his wounds before throwing himself into tending the wounded with equal vigor.

As life on the ship slowed down and they settled in for the long drift through the dark, Tristan found himself studying the lives of the Saints, in the hopes of uncovering more of his progenitor’s story, of understanding his place in the world and the strange dreams and snatches of memories that haunted him.
No luck. Much has been lost in the millennia since the founding, and the scraps that remain are contradictory and ill-attest. No matter. He has begun following the path of Saint Aleynikov, finding comfort in ministering to the sick and wounded, seeing in her an example of courage and compassion.

But now, the ship is boarded. Now, is the time to set aside the cloak and to bring the sword.

(I figure WP 60 & FE 58 means that’s he’s about as likeable and steady as a Space Marine is killy, and has a similarly fervent faith. Similarly, I figure between the Autosanguine, the Chem Geld, and the Meditation, he’s completely unable to give a gently caress about how gruesomely wounded or tired he is)

Tristan Endralgo, Missionary posted:

Voidborn
Unnatural Origin: False Man
Chosen By Destiny: Fated for Greatness (Free Pick)
Lost Worlds: Lost Dynasty
Devotion: Duty
Lineage: Witch Born: Perilous Choice

WS 50=15+25+10
BS 29=07+25 -3
ST 36=11+25+5 -5
TO 38=13+25
AG 34=09+25
IN 38=13+25
PE 34=08+25
WP 60=14+25+10 +5 +3 +3
FE 58=16+25+10 +3

Wounds: 11/11
Fate Points: 6 (recover on a 9/1d10)
Insanity: 11
XP: 0000

Skills
34 Awareness (Pe)
58 Charm (Fe)
38 Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed, Imperium) (In)
38 Forbidden Lore (Heresy) (In)
38 Literacy (In)
48 Medicae+10 (In)
34 Psyniscience (Pe)
38 Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed) (In)
38 Secret Tongue (Ecclesiarchy, Rogue Trader)(In)
38 Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic, Ship Dialect) (In)
Untrained Basic
18 Navigation (Stellar) (In)
14 Pilot (Spacecraft) (Ag)

Talents
Ambidextrous
Armor of Contempt
Autosanguine
Chem Geld
Meditation
Pure Faith
Unshakeable Faith
Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Traits
Psy Rating 1
Recover spent Fate on roll of 9/1d10
-5 to interact with non-Voidborn
Void Accustomed

Psychic Techniques
Foreshadow

Gear
Good Chainsword
Good Flamer
Good Rosarius (Free Pick)
Best Guard Flak
Micro-Bead
Ecclesiarchal Robes
Aquila Pendant
Sepulchre
Censer and Incense

PF+1

XP 2600/2600(3500-0900)
0100 Literacy
0100 Awareness
0100 Charm
0100 Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader)
0100 Secret Tongue (Ecclesiarchy)
0100 Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)
0200 Sound Constitution
0100 WS I
0100 WP I
0100 FE I
0250 WS II
0250 WP II
0250 FE II
0250 ST I
0100 Dodge
2100 RANK II2100 RANK II: Adherent of Aleynikov
0200 Medicae+10
0200 Meditation

(11:08:50 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 3 (2d10=2, 1)
(11:09:00 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 14 (2d10=5, 9)
(11:09:02 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 12 (2d10=5, 7)
(11:09:03 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 10 (2d10=7, 3)
(11:09:08 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 3 (2d10=2, 1)
(11:09:09 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 9 (2d10=8, 1)
(11:10:08 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 5 (2d10=3, 2)
(11:10:11 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 8 (2d10=6, 2)
(11:10:12 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 14 (2d10=4, 10)
(11:10:14 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 13 (2d10=7, 6)

(11:10:08 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 5 (2d10=3, 2)
(11:10:11 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 8 (2d10=6, 2)
(11:10:12 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 14 (2d10=4, 10)
(11:10:14 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 13 (2d10=7, 6)
(11:11:28 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 13 (2d10=3, 10)
(11:11:29 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 11 (2d10=4, 7)
(11:11:30 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 16 (2d10=9, 7)
(11:11:31 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 9 (2d10=4, 5)
(11:11:32 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 15 (2d10=5, 10)
(11:11:32 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 7 (2d10=1, 6)

(11:11:33 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 17 (2d10=9, 8)
(11:11:34 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 15 (2d10=9, 6)
(11:11:34 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 2 (2d10=1, 1)
(11:11:35 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 11 (2d10=5, 6)
(11:11:39 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 4 (2d10=2, 2)
(11:11:39 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 9 (2d10=5, 4)
(11:11:40 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 7 (2d10=6, 1)
(11:11:41 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 8 (2d10=4, 4)
(11:11:42 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 14 (2d10=7, 7)
(11:11:43 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 8 (2d10=2, 6)

(11:12:19 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 6 (1d10=6)
(11:12:25 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 11 (3d10+1=2, 4, 4)
(11:52:31 PM) skybot: Rockopolis: 4 (1d5=4)

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 3, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Eunice Sandra Careen Reier III

Flight/Gunnery Officer

A World-War 2 Propaganda Voiceover posted:

Noble born! High on the hog!
Military Service! Sterling Record in Crusade!
Disaster! Villainous PLANTAGENTS frame House for Witchcraft!
Bury Despair under the Exhiliration of Combat!
Become a Fine Example of a Pilot and Gunnery Officer!
The makings of a Future Captain!
Not to worry, fellows, she's Certified Witchcraft-Free!

Eunice's disdain for "new money trash" was bred in the bone. As young noble marked out for military service, she often took great pleasure in belittling the members lesser, newer noble houses. If these insults escalated into duels, it merely meant she had a legal avenue of removing them. It took two tours of duty in the Imperial Navy to break her of most of her attitude, but House Reier's rising star in the military soon made a name for herself in a string of daring and successful fleet actions, earning accolades as a pilot, gunnery officer, and troop leader (albeit from the rear.) Her bright career was unfortunately derailed when the rival House "Plantagent" -- named after its poorly educated but undeniably successful Rogue Trader founder who didn't know european history nearly as well as he thought -- attacked and usurped her noble lineage with false accusations of witchcraft and heresy, underhanded intimidation, and targetted buyouts of family businesses. And all before the Reirs could do it to them!

Though Eunice easily defended herself with her impressive combat record and willingness to submit to stringent testing, the toxic stain on her reputation destroyed whatever hope she had of rapid advancement and left her relegated to rear line postings with substandard captains, vessels, and crews. She's a little bitter about it. Her only therapy of late has been the utter destruction of those pirates foolish enough to cross her guns. She may have even worked her way back up the ranks, if it all hadn't gone loving wrong again.

The Gilded Stallion, her latest "shitheap junk posting" was the usual story: worthless ratings and a more worthless captain, with the added bonus of the the aforementioned worthless slug being a loyal retainer of her family's most hated rivals. Cue being assigned the worst weapons crew in the Navy, and cue Eunice turning them into one of the best. The captain was told in no uncertain terms to find a way to sink her career for good, driving him to accept a distress call he never should have: The Empyrean Marathon. He died in the battle's first volley, but Eunice and her men have pulled together what remains of the weaponry and piloting teams. Her discovery of the captain's private correspondance did little to improve her mood, and have convinced her that it's best to be on the rolls as killed in action -- at least until her personal business is dealt with. It's time to get some of her own, and these wanna-be pirates are just the way to do it. Who knows? She might even like it.

Eunice and her loyal gunnery crews have managed to salvage the ship's extremely valuable archaeotech Staravar Laser Macrobattery, about the only positive point of their vessel.

pre:
Name: Eunice Sandra Careen Reier III
Career: Void Master
Origin:
 Noble Born (Free row)
 In Service to the Throne (Tithed) 350 xp
 Crusade (Call to War) 150 xp
 Calamity
 Exhiliration (The Thrill of War) 250 xp
 Void Master
 Witch Born (Proven to be Pure) 100xp

Combat Block:
WS BS STR TGH AGI INT PER WIL FEL 
32 64 30  42  54  36  42  42  42

CC Bolt Pistol (Ceres) 		Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+5 X Pen 4 clip 8  rld 1 Full Tearing
GC Plasma Pistol (Ryza) 	Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+6 E Pen 6 clip 10 rld 3 Full Overheat Reliable
CC Power Sword (Mordian) 	Melee — 		 1d10+8 E Pen 5 Power Field, Balanced

AP 4 All

Wounds: 10/10
Init: 1d10 + 7
Dodge: 74 

Characteristics:
 total=base+roll+origin+advances
 WS:  32=25 + 7      +
 BS:  64=25 + 18 +11 +10
 STR: 30=25 + 5      +
 TGH: 42=25 + 12     +5
 AGI: 54=25 + 19     +10
 INT: 36=25 + 11     +
 PER: 42=25 + 17     +
 WIL: 42=25 + 12 -5  +10
 FEL: 42=25 + 15 +2  +

Insanity: 5
 Wounds: 6+1+3 = 10
 Fate: 3

Skills:
 Awareness (Per)
 Dodge+10 (Ag) -- Talented
 Command (Fel) -- Talented
 Common Lore (Imperial Navy, War) (Int)
 Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (Int) 
 Navigation (Stellar, Surface) (Int) 
 Tech Use (Int)
 Pilot (Space Craft -- Talented, Flyers) (Ag) 
 Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) (Int) 
 Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic) (Int)
 Literacy (Int)

Talents:
 Pistol Weapon Training (Universal) 
 Melee Weapon Training (Universal) 
 Nerves of Steel
 Peer (Nobility, Military)
 Talented (Dodge, Pilot(Space Craft), Command)
 Light Sleeper
 Quick Draw
 Paranoia

Traits:
 Etiquette (+10 interaction with authority)
 Legacy of Wealth (net zero PF with Calamity)
 Vendetta (Rival Nobles??? Preferably those loving BASTARD PLANTAGENTS)
 Resistance (Psychic Powers)
 Master of Gunnery (Re-roll all failed ship shooting actions)

Gear:
 CC power sword
 CC bolt pistol 
 CC Guard flak armour (but exceptionally well tailored)
 Micro-bead 
 void suit 
 blessed ship token 
 re-breather
 Imperial Navy uniform (also exceptionally well tailored)
 2 bottles of amasec 
 pict-recorder 
 vox-caster

Acquisitions:
 GC Ryza Plasma Pistol X2 (starting +0)

Experience (8350/8500)
 Origin 850
 \/free 500\/
 Dodge 100
 Awareness 100
 Simple BS 100
 Simple Ag 100
 Simple Wp 100
 /\free 500/\
 Intermediate BS 250
 Intermediate Ag 250
 Intermediate WP 250
 Simple Tgh 250
 Sound Constitution x2 400
 --rank 2--
 Dodge +10 200
 Scrutiny 100
 Scrutiny +10 200
 Paranoia 200
 Command 200
 Sound Constitution x1 200

Classin' up the joint with some WELL-BRED NAVY DISCIPLINE

Orkos
stats:http://orokos.com/roll/308529
fate:http://orokos.com/roll/308544
wounds:http://orokos.com/roll/308545
insanity:http://orokos.com/roll/308546

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Since not all of you have been on IRC, guess I oughta' mention it here. Delaying picks for a bit until Waci is able to get a submission in.

Haven't forgotten about it or anything.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Alright, so gonna' go ahead and move things along without Waci.

:siren: If you're still paying attention and interested in the game, mention your preference between Roll20 and PBP. Assuming roll20 isn't completely out of the question go to -->This Calendar<-- and let me know which, if any of the marked time slots are workable for you. Use the "week" view, starting in August.:siren:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I like Roll20.
Those time slots are all overnight for me, but I can do at least the first half of the Saturday time slots.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 26, 2015

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Well I don't exactly intend to run a game for the entirety of those periods. It's just vague blocks of time that I can probably work with.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Given those times my preference would have to be pbp. Even if the times weren't so late, I'm already having trouble attending the one roll20 game i am in.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I vote pbp. I'm in pacific standard and most of those would mean staying up all night. If it was Saturday only it would work.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I also made a spreadsheet where you can put your time availability. It's a lot easier to use than the calendar.

Edit: As mentioned before, I'm pretty much only going to do Roll20.

mdct fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 26, 2015

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, pbp sounds better. I could do the Saturday slot, but I probably shouldn't be staying up that late once classes start again.

EDIT: Actually, I checked my schedule and I'm actually more free on Fridays than on Saturday, so I can do either one. Basically, I'm down with Roll20 or PBP, no preference.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 31, 2015

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm with Dicktron, I can only really do Roll20. I'm free Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Well, a 3 & 3 tie isn't very helpful. I'll go ahead and state that while I can possibly move on times by an hour or so, my availability is pretty well always going to be late night into early morning EST for anything live. I also see that times for the roll20 people only sync up on Friday evenings. I can do Friday games I guess, but my personal leaning is toward PBP at the moment. If anyone has ideas for a compromise or whatnot, you've got until the 1st of August to suggest 'em. Same for Herpicle if he shows up to throw in his vote.

For now, I'll start outlining the ship and its occupants.

Tran fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 30, 2015

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Tran posted:

If anyone has ideas for a compromise or whatnot, you've got until the 1st of August to suggest 'em. Same for Herpicle if he shows up to throw in his vote.

I can't do any of those times at all outside of early morning, and would only do Roll20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, I'm gonna' go with PBP. Friday/Saturday games just aren't looking too appealing, and I'm not looking forward to future scheduling conflicts if we have this much trouble at the very start. I apologize to those of you that excludes.

For those interested in PBP, I'll have the gamethread up soonish.

Tran fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 2, 2015

• Locked thread