Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
whiny babies say outdoor cats are making animals extinct but my take on it is if a bird is too dumb to not fly away from a cat then maybe they deserve to be extinct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Goatfather posted:

just culling nuisance species in the neighborhood
that pelt gonna make a fine cap

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Skeleton Ape posted:

I had a flying squirrel living in one of my birdhouses this year which was awesome, but no, some loving cat had to get involved and bite its head off and then get bored and just leave it there.

To be fair, flying squirrels get pretty boring once they have their heads bitten off.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

NotWearingPants posted:

Cat's like to poo in a box. My cat will sometimes come inside just to poo then go outside again.

That's its way of saying hi.

I had a cat that just got tired of burying his inside poos. He'd just drop one then walk away. Pungent little fuckers.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its because making you touch its poop is how you get toxoplasmosis

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I had a cat that just got tired of burying his inside poos. He'd just drop one then walk away. Pungent little fuckers.

That means it hates you.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Exactly. If I wanted responsibility I would have bought a dog.

idk if that's how responsibility works once you own something. :shrug:
sounds p chill tho

Do it ironically posted:

whiny babies say outdoor cats are making animals extinct but my take on it is if a bird is too dumb to not fly away from a cat then maybe they deserve to be extinct

too dumb? cats are an invasive species. introduced by humans. existing animals need time to catch up with that poo poo. otherwise they get decimated and that ain't good for no ecosystem.

idgi. most ppl in these circles (like this forum) are cool about accepting science's role in global warming and renewable energy and other environmental concerns. but throw that all out the window once you mention pet cats, despite the fact that all the evidence says they are rly bad. it's weird/spooky.

but y'all can keep chillin'

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

NotWearingPants posted:

To be fair, flying squirrels get pretty boring once they have their heads bitten off.

Yeah but it could have at least had the common decency to eat it or fashion a little cat teepee out of the hide or something. Wasteful :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RaceFat posted:

idgi. most ppl in these circles (like this forum) are cool about accepting science's role in global warming and renewable energy and other environmental concerns. but throw that all out the window once you mention pet cats, despite the fact that all the evidence says they are rly bad. it's weird/spooky.

Like either of those issues, or voting, or boycotting Walmart for example, individual behavior does not amount to anything.

If you don't want cats outside, get a law passed I guess.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

RaceFat posted:

cats are an invasive species. introduced by humans. existing animals need time to catch up with that poo poo. otherwise they get decimated and that ain't good for no ecosystem.

yeah if you live somewhere were cats should not be don't get a loving cat

especially not to keep inside

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

for every indoor cat you guys get i'm getting two outdoor cats :smug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this is why cats are poo poo and cat owners are poo poo

lazy assholes who want gratification with no effort

clean the litter box retards your whole apartment reeks

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

meh it can go a few more days

:350:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
for real imo realtalk you should have some reason other than "company" for owning a pet

if it's not a working pet it's prob p lovely

if you want company adopt an african baby or smth, there's loads of those

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Moridin920 posted:

this is why cats are poo poo and cat owners are poo poo

lazy assholes who want gratification with no effort

my cats poo poo outside why would I even need a litterbox

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

good job your neighbors hate you

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

They should have the option.

I think that's the message of this thread. Cat owners should enable their cats to learn and think for themselves and make their own choices.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the message of this thread is the clear and obvious superiority of dogs

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

the message of this thread is the clear and obvious superiority of dogs

If you are married, maybe with kids, and your life is p.much over anyway, then owning a pet that will mostly likely die if it's left alone for more than a day or two is a reasonable option.

If you are not living a lifestyle that keeps you bound to your home then you want a pet that is smart enough to know that if you leave out 7 bowls of food that poo poo's got to last him a week so he better not eat it all at once.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

nobody's arguing that dogs are good pets for negligent owners, just that you shouldnt neglect your cat outside

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
except youre not neglecting your cat by putting him outside, because cats are meant to be outside, have you seen an indoor cat before they look like they have no soul

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

except youre not neglecting your cat by putting him outside, because cats are meant to be outside, have you seen an indoor cat before they look like they have no soul

you're being neglectful if you purchase an animal without owning sufficient space for it to live in.

"meant to be outside" is a meaningless statement to cover up for your laziness.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If you let your cat outside a Chinaman may snatch it and cook it for his family to eat.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gonna shoot the next cat I see

for the kakapos

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
you can play with an indoor cat to keep it in shape but most people are lazy and dont do that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gonna let my dog run around off the leash all day attacking other animals because that's what they're meant to do namaste

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cats are not meant to be in north america at all. they're an invasive pest species

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Like boxes of poo poo in your house?

GET A CAT

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
do you think the when people started domesticating cats some dudes on the internet were posting about how its hosed up to keep indoor cats

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Moridin920 posted:

good job your neighbors hate you

they have cats also

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Do it ironically posted:

they look and act all kinds of hosed up

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
A real cat will be like, I dunno, maybe you're taking a walk in the forest, and your cat spots you and he's al like "sup my man what is up"

indoors cat: :catdrugs: plus scrawny, weak, fat and/or useless!!!!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I had an outdoor cat but then he came inside and it was warm and dry. Now whenever the door opens he's like "gently caress that" and goes back to sleep.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Op I bet you wish your cat could talk so it could tell you what the world outside the basement is like

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A real cat will be like, I dunno, maybe you're taking a walk in the forest, and your cat spots you and he's al like "sup my man what is up"

indoors cat: :catdrugs: plus scrawny, weak, fat and/or useless!!!!

yeah the only choice is let your pet out all day long with no fucks given or let your pet waste away indoors all day long with no stimulation

because you're such a lazy poo poo, those are the only choices you see

maybe don't buy animals

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
You are schroedingers nerd

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Moridin920 posted:

yeah the only choice is let your pet out all day long with no fucks given or let your pet waste away indoors all day long with no stimulation

because you're such a lazy poo poo, those are the only choices you see

maybe don't buy animals

you let it out when it wants out and let it in when it wants back in

it's like an indoors cat except not loving retarded

and also free. like the wind

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
just make sure you cut off its junk so it doesnt spawn cat eggs and the resulting pile of kitties doesnt die starving in a dumpster

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually if they were in a dumpster they probably wouldnt starve but they die of cat aids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
99.9999% of indoor cats want to go outside.

:colbert:

• Locked thread