Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I agree. Who am I to tell my cat how to live its life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

it's irresponsible as gently caress to buy an animal and agree to take care of it then let it outside to get eaten by an owl or hit by a car.

My cat would gently caress up an owl and it's already been hit by a car so now it knows to avoid them.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

no you don't understand i want a pet without any of the responsibility

Exactly. If I wanted responsibility I would have bought a dog.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

If moridin920 was my pet, I would chop off his nuts, chop off his fingertips, then keep him shut in the house all day and force him to poo in a box.

Cats like to poo in a box. My cat will sometimes come inside just to poo then go outside again.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 30, 2015

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Skeleton Ape posted:

I had a flying squirrel living in one of my birdhouses this year which was awesome, but no, some loving cat had to get involved and bite its head off and then get bored and just leave it there.

To be fair, flying squirrels get pretty boring once they have their heads bitten off.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RaceFat posted:

idgi. most ppl in these circles (like this forum) are cool about accepting science's role in global warming and renewable energy and other environmental concerns. but throw that all out the window once you mention pet cats, despite the fact that all the evidence says they are rly bad. it's weird/spooky.

Like either of those issues, or voting, or boycotting Walmart for example, individual behavior does not amount to anything.

If you don't want cats outside, get a law passed I guess.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

clean the litter box retards your whole apartment reeks

meh it can go a few more days

:350:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

my cats poo poo outside why would I even need a litterbox

They should have the option.

I think that's the message of this thread. Cat owners should enable their cats to learn and think for themselves and make their own choices.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

the message of this thread is the clear and obvious superiority of dogs

If you are married, maybe with kids, and your life is p.much over anyway, then owning a pet that will mostly likely die if it's left alone for more than a day or two is a reasonable option.

If you are not living a lifestyle that keeps you bound to your home then you want a pet that is smart enough to know that if you leave out 7 bowls of food that poo poo's got to last him a week so he better not eat it all at once.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

99.9999% of indoor cats want to go outside.

:colbert:

Not really, most acquire agoraphobia after a few years. That's why it's important for cats to get a feel for the outdoors at an early age.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Goatfather posted:

cats are not meant to be in north america at all. they're an invasive pest species

like white people.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indoor cat people are clearly psychopaths.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Kraken posted:

you dont have to give your cat pcp to make it chase around a laser pointer, for one

I guess lazer pointers are ok, but my cat grew up in a house where the previous owner had put in a massive butterfly garden. He would stay out there for hours, popping up and down and swatting butteflies. But the time he was a few years old he could jump over 10-12 feet straight up in the air and moved on to birds.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Again it's hilarious that lazy piece of poo poo pet owners only see a binary option between 'let my cat outdoors to do whatever gently caress it' and 'cat sits in the corner of my apartment with no stimulation until it loses its mind.'

Why is self-awareness hilarious?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

because you are self aware but instead of fixing the problem or not getting cats you just continue to buy pets irresponsibly.

it's like you're an obese person.

I've only got one cat, it was free, and it will be my last.

And I prefer curvy thank you very much.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Panzeh posted:

What kind of cats make the funniest youtube videos, though?

Not black cats.

Blacks don't show up well in photographs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ChickenHeart posted:

Supervise your pets when they're outside you fucktards, or I will personally see to it that you are forced to wolf down every critter they kill/your pet's dumbass corpse after its been mangled by a pissed-off raccoon.

You gonna eat dat chipmunk raw

This threat seems quite idle. You don't know us nor do you know our cats.

• Locked thread