Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxTDrd_UZoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

You're bad at being an Australian, dude mate.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Send the robot to robot jail.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Locator posted:

It's going to spend it's life in a VW factory, isn't that punishment enough?

I forget what the hierarchy looks like; what's worse VAG or FCA?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE JINGLE MY SAMSUNG WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER ARE SINGING TO ME

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, but how many people are gonna actually do it? I'm willing to bet that they're gonna alienate a good chunk of their fanbase with this.

CommieGIR touched on it in D&D, but Todd Starnes (idiot hellfucker extraordinaire) is tweeting a bunch of poo poo talking about how NASCAR is now ruined and "what's next? making drivers race a Prius?" concern trolling. I grew up in South Florida (Jersey extension) and have lived in Raleigh, NC since 2003, I've been in "The South" my entire life, and I see the CSA (and Gadsden) flag on a regular basis. NASCAR isn't exactly the most progressive organization or anything; however, you know that something is up when an org like NASCAR is concerned about their image and association with the stars and bars.

The fact that people are getting riled up about the CSA flag and declaring "Yes, this is the hill I want to die on" is the most :psyduck: thing in the world. It's clear demonstration of the latent hatred and lack of comprehension that a nonzero number of people have in the US.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

T1g4h posted:

I'm just annoyed this whole thing has resulted in TV Land pulling reruns of Dukes of Hazzard, frankly :colbert:

Were you watching Dukes of Hazard on a regular basis? Be honest.

jokes on you if you were, lol @ paying for cable

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

T1g4h posted:

Nah, I haven't actually seen it in years :v:

That being said, it still just kinda strikes me as overdoing things at this point.

Afaik they haven't said why, but getting mad over a 40 year old TV show losing its 1 hour/day programming on a niche cable station that maybe has a few thousand viewers is ridiculous.

It's kind of like how sales of the CSA flag were up 3600% when amazon said it was stopping the sales: the initial action might be dumb or weird, but the spite response is beyond comprehension.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gorson posted:

Are you sure it didn't say "chumps"?

To be fair, BMWs are made in South Carolina.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I spent $1000 on brakes once...

It was a BBK for all 4 corners, a Wilwood prop valve, ducts for the fronts, new to me booster, new MC, SS lines on all 4 corners, a MC brace, and Hawk DTC-60s. The only thing I didn't touch was the rear calipers and the hard lines that were bolted to the chassis

My car is valued at $1200 or $1000 this year by the county.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nothing like scaring the poo poo outta my roommate at 9AM with a 0-100 pull.

Yeah, I'd be terrified being the passenger in your car, too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CannonFodder posted:

Chumming the water with your own blood is a good idea at the NC beaches this year.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I posted this in irc with "rip slow is fast".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ilkhan posted:

Meh. Just tired of people saying "[deadguy] wouldn't do such a thing!". Obvious, they would. Because they did. Because they were exactly as stupid as the event makes you think they were.

Tell me more about personal responsibility.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightbulb Out posted:

All this talk about custom roms and battery saver apps and stuff just makes me laugh a lot. I don't want to have to gently caress around with my phone to get good battery life by replacing the kernel. Yeah, it's nice you CAN do that but the fact that you have to to get good performance out of your phones is ridiculous.

Stock android is the way to go if you want to subject yourself to it, but drat.

I've only had to flash stock ROMs on my Android phones, and even that is a colossal pain in the rear end. CJing phones is the dumbest poo poo in the world.

Buying into the fruit phone again (last one was a Day 1 iPhone 4) and this N5 is going to be on track data logging and overseas back up duty.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bought a new SSD to replace my current one (going to be gifted to a friend for her aging Mac Mini). I'm good at money.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

And now the other side of my glasses broke off. Ugh.

Take pictures of things you're trying to see with your phone and then hold the screen really close to your face so that you can see what you're trying to see.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

God drat I hate doctors. They have such a good loving scam going on. No I do not need to keep making appointments every month with you just to check my blood pressure when it has been good for like 2 years now.

Joke's gonna be on you when you OD on weed and the doctors find out about your doctor bigotry.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEfrulUEcs

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The rotary was the science experiment that almost bankrupted the company twice. Yeah, it's neat, but it's a novelty and there is much more to lose than gain by chasing the rotary dragon.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Waking up sick loving sucks. I'm going to swing by the hardware store and pick up the rest of the poo poo I need to install the lexan windows, and then I'm doing RTK and passing the gently caress out.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ricco's 1099 or W-4 or whatever is messed up. I pay slightly more than he does for my bi-weekly paycheck, and NC's state income tax rate is higher.

So either you're including poo poo that isn't taxes (Fed, state, SS, Medicare), you're lying, or your deductions are completely hosed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hey Phone, I have had you on Ignore for months and you still are still quoting my posts. It's creepy, sad, and annoying. Also, here is a screenshot so you can berate me for not breaking down the $600 I mentioned into specific categories. Guess it's more Fed than MA but that's what happens when you view PDF files at lunch on your phone. Needless to say it's still $600 so gently caress off and stop replying to my posts.

Hey ricco, no reason to get all salty over.

By the way, you don't have your federal tax deductions set up properly since you probably filled out your W-4 with a 0.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cakefool posted:

What makes this spec special?

Autotosser special:
- Bilsteins
- Front/rear air dams (rear is garbage)
- Manual rack

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gunbus posted:

Its coming up on new car time and I have narrowed it down to two cars, so C63 or Miata PRHT club?

2016 MX-5

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Car's at the shop getting a 3" exhaust with a Summit dual-chamber muffler and a downturn. It's lookin' cute with the lexan windows I popped in yesterday afternoon:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cage posted:

You installed hood pins on the trunk. You need trunk pins for that, dummy.
(For attaching the window, or what?)

Used M6 bolts + washers + lock nuts for the windows. The trunk is held on by 4 hood pins. :science:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CornHolio posted:

For those not on snapchat, a buddy at work showed up with some Freedoms.

I've got a video of it idling on snapchat but I was too budy furiously masturbating to get it while he was revving it.

Last time he dyno'd it, it had 1218hp at the rear wheels. 98mm turbo, 5" exhaust all the way back.

'69 Camaro , pure fuckin' freedom.

Almost as rare as a numbers matching Toyota Tundra.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial posted:

I hate the Yaris, It's the ugliest car in the world. I had forgotten about the Mazda 2 though, I'll check that out.

[edit]Some of the Echo's aren't bad. What's the average life expectancy for the engine in these things? 2-300K if they're maintained?

Wait like another month and buy my Mazda2 off of me. :P

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nodoze posted:

PBR is trash

What do you drink? Heineken?

gently caress THAT poo poo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Apparently none of you are babies who want to gently caress.

https://youtu.be/snhiofL2Rh4

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

I need a grill.

Weber kettle.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

Ooops, Propane only as per terms of the community.

Weber kettle. (ignore the hoa)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

poo poo I didn't know they made a Q series that you didn't have to squat on the ground to use.

Edit: ha, I just showed her and she's like "Oh funny story, they rescinded that rule. We can get charcoal."

I FUCKIN' TOLD U

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I really, really, really want to hear justification for why someone would ever buy a Chrysler product now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kastein posted:

I'm talking to an FCA engineer right now and he claims that that news story is BS and fake, and that they are on separate CAN buses and this isn't possible.

Not sure how much I believe that, but we'll see.

It's Wired on one hand (which actually has been getting better in terms of publishing real articles), on the other it's FCA saving face.

Also, isn't FCA on the hook for botching a poo poo load of recalls recently?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

A buddy of mine is a former service tech. He was barely clearing what I do per week and was working 10 hours more each pay period. So he quit back in March and took a month off to sort out his life. He just finished his first month at loving ALDI where he's making 17.50 an hour as the morning shift manager.

Grocery store managers actually do make a decent wage; however, they also work like 60 hours a week so that becomes moot since they're salaried.

e: being a shift manager (i.e. - no real responsibilities outside of the schedule) and working 40 hours a week isn't too bad; 36400 gross/yr isn't great, but it's workable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's also hyperfocusing on the idea of hitting a specific target. If they really can scan for "any vulnerable car" while on Sprint (which I suspect works due to lazy firewalling that causes Uconnect to respond to requests as long as they're also on a Sprint network) then you've got all the anonymous targets you want. Lock the doors, cut the transmission to neutral, play an audio file that tells them they can only get out if they call a number, etc.

Similar idea to the virus that encrypts your files for a ransom. You don't care whose files you encrypt, you just want them to pay up.

At someone's job in the past few months, they had their file server get cryptolockered. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chiwie posted:

I had that when I ate Mos burger 3 nights running. Buttfever at work is a hell of a thing.

Coco Ichiban's tonkatsu sat like a lump in my stomach, but it was some hamburg steak place that gave me the meat sweats.

That said, unfatting myself seems to be working since I'm now finding that a burrito bowl from Chipotle is like way too much food. I think this will change after once my squat gets back up to 2+ plate working sets. :getin:

• Locked thread