Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

Ties, cufflinks, dress shirts, men's shoes.

My rich republican uncle loves his dress shirts actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “For too long, we Republicans have been content to lose the black vote because we found we didn’t need it to win. But when we gave up trying to win the support of African-Americans, we lost our moral legitimacy as the party of Lincoln.” ~ Rick Perry

That's Rick "niggerhead" Perry Joe. :colbert:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

PostNouveau posted:

Along with the "whitey" tape

That's already been published though

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

https://twitter.com/wyethwire/status/617159426374565888

I can't pull out the video to past it here, but enjoy the weepy rear end in a top hat tears. Think of it like freep, but in robocall left on an answering machine form

So I read the comments... and it was actually good.

quote:

"it's un-American!" Ummm no, the Confederacy was un-American. Wasn't that kind of the whole point?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Particularly once Bush starts training the attack dogs on him. I am curious to see who the RNC eventually moves to de facto nominate; because it will be the person they think is most likely to beat Hillary.

I don't think any of the republican clowns actually have a chance at beating Hillary unless the economy shits the bed or she has a live girl / dead boy type situation within like 3 months of the election.

The only reason republicans controls congress is that the senate is naturally gerrymandered in favor towards them and the wave election of 2010 and subsequent gerrymandering and suppressing minority turnout after winning so much.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

MaxxBot posted:

I wonder what the GOP response would/will be if roads get so bad they're impossible to drive on, surely raising taxes and fixing them still wouldn't be the solution.

Doesn't Texas have this problem?

I remember reading that they will be converting several roads that use to be paved to gravel ones because they refuse to raise taxes to fix roads that have gotten impossible to drive on.

Republicans are literally turning this country into a third world one.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Soonmot posted:

I wonder how effective shooting a flaming arrow at the confederate flag would be. Would you have to blunt the tip of the arrow so it just tear right through the flag before igniting it?

No clue, but it should be attempted dressed as a Union general for obvious reasons.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sugar is the enemy and alcohol is basically fancy sugar, but if you're going to drink then vodka isn't your worst possible choice.

Well this just proves that Whiskey Sours are the greatest thing ever!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The thing with GMOs is that we've been modifying the genes of literally everything we've been farming forever using selective breeding anyway. The difference is now we're doing it directly and more quickly. Few of the things we farm can actually survive in the wild all that well. Plus genetics is actually a very broad science so just assuming that everything genetically modified is poison is kind of dumb. It's possible that if we meddle with reckless abandon we might cause problems but Bill Nye actually had a good view on it. He basically said "it's a tool we have at our disposal and it's useful. Yes the potential for awful things is there but if we test everything and only release stuff that is safe into the market it's fine."

Plus the "but it's unnatural!!!" argument is dumb anyway. Arguing that natural things are inherently better is like saying we should all run out and grab polio because polio is natural.

Yeah, people that bitch about GMO's being frankenfood really need to understand how poo poo like grafting because that is literally playing frankenstein with plants yet no one has bitched about that process being done for the 300+ years it's been around.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Of course the problem with this argument is that you get the typical people pointing to how lovely companies like to cut corners on testing (which they do) so how do you actually know it's safe?

Nintendo Kid posted:

You punch them in the stomach for being stupid, because where do they think the precious testing is on "natural" foods?

I hope you're happy, I'm in full agreement with a :fishmech: post now.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 7, 2015

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Throw in a bitchin statue of Odin lording over all too.

Odin would be a kick rear end god to worship.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

If he's polling at or near the top and they try to cut him from debates he's going to destroy the GOP in retaliation.

Yeah, if he's cut out of the debates while leading the polls we will all get our wish and the GOP will be completely done as a national party.

OAquinas posted:

Fox won't exclude Trump from the debates unless he's well and truly charred and done in the polls. He's tight with Ailes and they've been relentless in servicing his junk for the last few weeks.

This to. Trump is tied to the hip with :foxnews: and since the GOP is as well they can only hope that he flames out in the polls before debates happen.

Remember how like 3 months ago people were saying that the destruction of the GOP has a zero chance of happening? Trump being in the debates has single handily changed that.

Go you beautiful comb over bastard!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Walker is a far more serious candidate the T-Pawl.

Walker also has 2 backers with a $100 billion dollar combined net worth.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Finally something i can see eye to eye with MIGF on... without the use of a step ladder.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

It's not like a major Presidential candidate just came out against them or something.

That and I would much rather have 4 pages of Uber chat than Bernie vs Clinton bullshit for 100+ pages.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fix posted:

The gently caress is "jihad" paperwork?

At first guess I thought it would have something to do with the IRS... color me loving shocked.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Speaking of Iran and ISIS, how is Iran regarding the Kurds? I know Turkey is a piece of poo poo towards them and in Iran/Syria they're basically their own country for obvious reasons right now, but is there a possibility for Iran to partner with the Kurds against ISIS since Iran partnering with Iraq against ISIS has kind of been a failure?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know, I thought he might have said something new since the last time he accused all Muslims of murdering Christians and supporting Isis.

And you would think of all people Maher would like it when christians were murdered.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

pangstrom posted:

Is Yucca revivable, post Reid?

Didn't one of Reid's stall tactics involve a really extensive USGS survey that then revealed there was an underground river or fault line that went right under Yucca or something?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Predictably, House Republicans have spent the afternoon asking for unanimous consent to pull their names from the Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act

I really hope someone calls them out for being pro-cancer now because of that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
We should legit just give Oklahoma, Kansas to native americans and then make DC and Puerto Rico states.

We don't even have to change the flag.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TipTow posted:

We already did the first part, then changed our minds. Don't think they'd fall for it again.

For once I wish we actually honored those bogus treaties :(

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

icantfindaname posted:

Turn Oklahoma into a giant meth plantation worked by enslaved white southerners and run by black people and Native Americans

You forgot the roaming hordes of mexicans ala mad max style in case any of the white people try to escape.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't think he coined it, but Adam Baldwin is big into gamersgate, in about as horrible a way as you might imagine.

I loved him on Chuck, but I thought that was just a character he played. :(

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Chokes McGee posted:

I just landed in Chicago five minutes ago and MIGF is already screaming at me from over my shoulder, please advise.

Is he on a step ladder?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

haveblue posted:

MSNBC just said that the Holmes trial jury foreman was a survivor of the Columbine shooting :stare:

How the gently caress was he not screened out by the defense?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

pretty much. The greatest defense a US aircraft carrier has isn't the AEGIS radar system or the CIWS and SEA SPARROW point defense, or the marine contingent with their .50 cal machine guns.

It is the question "what happens next?"

So yeah, let's say Iran decides to attack out navy with a missile, sinks a carrier. Or to let me rephrase, kills ~6000 military personnel in a sneak attack.

What happens to them next?

We invade a country that had nothing to do with the attack 3 years later?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

haveblue posted:

2012 was a trial balloon, this is going full retard.

I thought 2008 was when the GOP went full retard...

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Rick Perry is giving a speech in DC today. It is titled "Defending Conservatism Against the Cancer of Trump-ism"

Gosh, I wonder what it will be about?

That glasses actually do make you learn gooder, you don't mess with Texas, and um uh, what's the third one there... oops.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Also, Trump has responded to Perry.

:allears:

I'm sorry to everyone when I said nothing could ever top Herman "pokemaster" Cain.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If you want a picture of this primary imagine Donald Trump breaking the GOP's spine over his knee, forever.

Stop, my penis can only get so erect.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

With the latest terrorist attack in the south, what I'm wondering is, why don't executive authority get used to created a no-buy list for guns operating in tandem with the no-fly list?

Terrorists don't have the NRA lobbying fighting against even the mere hint of a national registry for anything related to firearms.

By Terrorists I of course mean non-white people because white people have never committed a terrorist act with guns.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Goatman Sacks posted:

So does Bernie have a real chance, guys who post about politics?

:vd:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

electric funeral posted:

He's not going to have a chance unless he changes his walkout music to Enter Sandman.

Typical northeastern liberal, only catering to the white vote. :rolleyes:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

greatn posted:

No GMO thread because it would be full of hippie idiot liberals with no understanding of genetics just asking questions like yourself.

:agreed:

Basically if you've ever had seedless anything congratulations, you've eaten something genetically modified.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Massasoit posted:

Because nothing we've ever done with science has ever had unintended consequences :)

Guess we better ban all science then. :rolleyes:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Clearly you do not know how to tame the buggalo.

To fight the bug, we must understand the bug.

Would you like to know more?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

Chimeras are fundamentally different than selective breeding. Being "new" shouldn't enough to be afraid of something, but it is fundementally different.

Not really which is why I like to use the seedless fruit example. Those are naturally occurring genetic mutations that we've managed to cultivate and graft onto new root systems for like 150 years now in the case of navel oranges and for centuries with seedless grapes (we seriously have no idea where those came from, and only maybe think it came from around the black sea).

Fun fact about the navel orange, every single one of them you have ever eaten is from the first genetically mutated seedless orange tree that we've managed to keep alive by grafting the gently caress out of it.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

You can't graph a glowfish onto a plant no matter what you do. They're fundamentally different technologies. New technology isn't something we should be scared about, but we should investigate them and potentially regulate them differently.

:agreed:

I'm all for strict regulation of agribusiness.

Although the only reason why you would ever graft a glowfish onto a plant would be because it would be :krad: Imagine glow in the dark weed and think of the appeal to ravers!

Things like splicing a non edible or not traditionally edible plant that's resistant to a disease or pest into an edible plant is pretty well regulated because things like altering the taste from a bad splice are dead giveaways that poo poo's hosed up. Also, we've literally been doing that to plants for centuries through grafting and cross pollination, splicing just lets us be more precise about it and speeds up the process. Frankenfood is basically a huge scare tactic designed to frighten people that either never paid attention in biology or never took it.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
gently caress you all, Mint Chip > everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

What about making a good change color to show your political allegiance, would you still eat that?

Rainbow food would only be ok if it let you poo poo a rainbow as well. :colbert:

• Locked thread