Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

not a bad idea, it's a top idea. those who are against it are people who have something to hide me thinks.

what are you on about every game of werewolf played thus far has been won by a mass claim.

Enough scum claim vanilla town, sure some of them might get tracked or watched but if they have access to the power role list it basically maps out who to target when and where.

And I agree werewolf tends to be 'won' on a mass claim, but it sucks the mystery out of the game for me and also screws with the naive people who start as a town and end up as a wolf because they claimed in like the first hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

I am cool with people making format claims but claiming roles at this point only helps scum.

IF Gaspy and Beet are telling the truth, they have just narrowed down potential targets for scum to knock off at night.

Scum also knows now that there are Vanilla townies, which means they can hide behind vanilla town claims.

Please stop claiming roles on D1, it doesn't help town.

nah not if we all do it tomorrow, we put the squeeze on the scum and doctors know who to protect for night 2, cops who to investigate.

Asphyxious posted:

I'm flat out joking, I feel you're taking this far too seriously.

nah you've tried to hard. this is your forced game like last game.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

how bout we lynch you to see if your idea was really town motivated, and then if it was we can think about starting it D2 while pouring one out for you!

i don't want to kill the :parrot: d1 but god drat if he isn't asking for it

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

nah not if we all do it tomorrow, we put the squeeze on the scum and doctors know who to protect for night 2, cops who to investigate.

nah you've tried to hard. this is your forced game like last game.

Riding the coat tails of better players as always I see.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Enough scum claim vanilla town, sure some of them might get tracked or watched but if they have access to the power role list it basically maps out who to target when and where.

And I agree werewolf tends to be 'won' on a mass claim, but it sucks the mystery out of the game for me and also screws with the naive people who start as a town and end up as a wolf because they claimed in like the first hour.

even if half the game claims vanilla, we've immediately limited the suspect pool to half of the players list, that's a great head start if there are investigative roles in play.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

You know I'm scum we're in scumdoc!

What format is your scumdoc in?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

the mithranderp maneuver.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Riding the coat tails of better players as always I see.

and you're trying to rile me up.

not gonna work bucko.

seriously everyone, this guy here. totes scum.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hello friends sticking my head up out of the torrent of professional poo poo I'm dealing with to say I love you all and I am active on day one and please don't kill me even though I am quite busy

I also want hambeet to die so ##vote Matthew Beet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

how bout we lynch you to see if your idea was really town motivated, and then if it was we can think about starting it D2 while pouring one out for you!

sure if you want.

gonna flip town. you guys are all gonna have a fairly standard game from here and watch town lose because they don't try anything new.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

i don't want to kill the :parrot: d1 but god drat if he isn't asking for it

then do it. stop talking about it. poo poo or get off the pot. this weasling around for 'oh noes i don't want to vote him' is scummy behaviour

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Hello friends sticking my head up out of the torrent of professional poo poo I'm dealing with to say I love you all and I am active on day one and please don't kill me even though I am quite busy

I also want hambeet to die so ##vote Matthew Beet

oh the old toml scum play.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Fine Beet we'll do it your way.

I'm a nurse.

:boom:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

beet: hey guys lets mass role claim

gaspy: *flips out and makes poo poo up because he knows it'll destroy the scum game*

Where is the love?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

why not just settle for the flavor claim idea first and see if that accomplishes anything? Beet you came out saying you're vanilla town but didn't reveal your flavor... :tinfoil:

Birdstrike posted:

I'm a nurse.

Hahaha

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Hey Beets I've missed a few of the recent games but since we've had a string of d1 scum hits maybe we shouldn't be changing things up until like, d3?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

I'm a nurse.

even night? :v:

Bifauxnen posted:

why not just settle for the flavor claim idea first and see if that accomplishes anything? Beet you came out saying you're vanilla town but didn't reveal your flavor... :tinfoil:

Hahaha

i was waiting to see if others were joining but gaspy has been trying to stir the pot up. i'm a 3.5" floppy disk.

it's cold.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

then do it. stop talking about it. poo poo or get off the pot. this weasling around for 'oh noes i don't want to vote him' is scummy behaviour

beet please don't be mad you seem actually mad. this is mafia, it is a fun game for fun times

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Hey Beets I've missed a few of the recent games but since we've had a string of d1 scum hits maybe we shouldn't be changing things up until like, d3?

string? we've had one in the last game only i think.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

I'm a nurse.

I am an egg aligned ninja paranoid 50% effective commuting tree stump.
it's a Sony.

:pcgaming1:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

beet please don't be mad you seem actually mad. this is mafia, it is a fun game for fun times

oh lol sorry no i'm not angry. i don't get angry at mafia since your mario game. i'm actually having a lot of fun because i am trying to shake things up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also I know, just know that there is some kind of indecipherable logic behind the flavour and role alignments that Anidav is dying for us to figure out as the game goes on, and mass claiming would probably ruin any enjoyment he gets from this game tbh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fine leave it to the flavour claims for today. if im alive tomorrow we can talk the mass claim.

seriously you guys get so hung up on not dying when we're averaging 2 auspol mafia games per week

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Matthew Beet posted:

##unvote

lets all mass roleclaim. it works for one night ultimate werewolf.

cowardly unvote, scum found ##vote matthew beet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Also I know, just know that there is some kind of indecipherable logic behind the flavour and role alignments that Anidav is dying for us to figure out as the game goes on, and mass claiming would probably ruin any enjoyment he gets from this game tbh.

which is the best argument for doing it i thought.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

cowardly unvote, scum found ##vote matthew beet

yes, the vote i had made before the game had started. :rolleyes:

trying to protect your buddy gaspy

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kommando posted:

I am an egg aligned ninja paranoid 50% effective commuting tree stump.
it's a Sony.

:pcgaming1:

actually no way is betamax anything but a scum or sk ##vote kommando

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm actually not totally unsympathetic to your "let's shake things up" justification Beet, it's just that even if massclaiming actual powers DID turn out to be a good idea, it'd probably be because the roles tipped enough in town's favor that we could just cheese the whole thing with some strategy like Follow The Cop and then it'd kind of be not as fun anymore.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kind of like what Birdstrike was getting at, except I think Anidav actually would appreciate us getting all his flavor references.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey beet if you wanna shake up Auspol mafia games maybe you should run an auspol mafia game

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i am wax cylinder

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

i am wax cylinder

I hope you're not joking cause that would be hilarious

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

i am wax cylinder

i am stone tablet

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

fair warning here: tonight i've got dinner, karaoke, and then i'm heading out to seem small keating do some video-art to accompany a mate's music. post-5pm-posting: highly unlikely

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
i'll be back later and should be able to check in before deadline

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I've got a team lunch today so my posting will drop off for an hour or so around 12:30 for you eastern states folks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Hey beet if you wanna shake up Auspol mafia games maybe you should run an auspol mafia game

nah i have more fun playing! this is me having fun. like even if you guys lynch me i'll laugh and get on with my day and probably try it on again next day.

sorta like how we had people who didn't want to lynch day 1 for ages and ages.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

fair warning here: tonight i've got dinner, karaoke, and then i'm heading out to seem small keating do some video-art to accompany a mate's music. post-5pm-posting: highly unlikely

:rolleyes:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

look at this friend-haver

##vote Those On My Left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

D for dinner
OK for karaOKe
TOR for videO-aRT

drat your breadcrumbs keep getting more and more obtuse

• Locked thread