Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

memorystick duo and Minidisc motherfuckers

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

the 6230i used an MMC which was just thinner than an SK card, but more expensive. it had to go under the battery.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

What happened was everyone learned the true meaning of friendship, and I finally acheived my dream of towning so hard as scum that I actually became a town :buddy:

scum admission, bif is always scum

##vote Bifauxnen

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

You know I'm scum we're in scumdoc!

What format is your scumdoc in?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

beet: hey guys lets mass role claim

gaspy: *flips out and makes poo poo up because he knows it'll destroy the scum game*

Where is the love?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

Fine Beet we'll do it your way.

I'm a nurse.

:boom:

I am an egg aligned ninja paranoid 50% effective commuting tree stump.
it's a Sony.

:pcgaming1:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tirade posted:

Breadcrumb more like breadscum.

Oh snap own zone

:iceburn:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

##vote Asphyxious

Wait. bif is always scum.

##vote Bifauxnen

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Kommando, have you not ever been scum in an Auspol game before? I'm trying to think of one where you were, and I can't think of any!

once, two years ago. then I was in a masonry and then nothing. I typically get vanilla town now.
i got mason recruiter in the SMAC game after I bungled my psychiatrist job.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I think i do better running games now. since I ramble stupidly at my lack of roles or impotent townieness and then get myself killed.

occasionally I'll hook onto something scummy and hammer home that point, either being validated way too late. or being embarrassingly wrong. like when I wrote 500 words about the scumminess of someone only to have them drop out if the game seconds before I hit post and the flip showed them innocent.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I remember now. I was an arsonist in a meta irc game. I set up three people for flames and then got killed by a vig or something stupid so never killed anyone.

I think Beet was there.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

i remember in the mario game you were actually drawing graphs, it was so cool

votefinder has vote graphs now. :3:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

i thought it always had graphs though

You mean I did that all for nothing.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gaspy is feeling burnt out. he told me on Snapchat he wants a break.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

sleep tight pupper

##vote Asphyxious

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

You mother fuckers post too much.

I stop posted in the good and bad threads when mafia is on

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Alright. Coffee and reading.

Mass role claim is straight up bullshit and it's exactly the stupid poo poo Gaspy and Beet would come up with that as their scum master plan because together they're sort of thought leaders in the field of mafia excellence so if they were both on the train I reckon it'd end up happening. Other than that the slap fight feels sincere. Which is balls because it means I can't persecute them.

TOML is already making excuses not to bother playing the game again, how loving convenient.

In the absence of Anidav I'm going to start Day 1 on the smoking gun who doesn't post enough to get a loving read on and is apparently the smiling viper anyway
##vote Mith

bit early to be bussing your scum pals eh Kat?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

disengaged.

whoa, did I miss something with you and CrazyTolradi?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

One day Kommando might learn not to bring extrinsic material into the mafia thread.

One day...

And yet you all use historical data from past mafia for every game.

Matthew Beet posted:

Also I'm deadly serious. Let's all Mass claim tomorrow. It'll be fun!

gently caress it, one game we will do this and after Birdstrikes find an egg game this is the time to pull silly poo poo.

Birdstrike posted:

ehh, it's a 3rd tier uni

Lololololololol

Kat Delacour posted:

Gwyn is never worried about sounding scummy.

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't know what to do without Anidav :smith:

Someone say something stupid

"Touch me again and I'll kill you."

Matthew Beet posted:

Quick! Click that question mark under your avatar.

:laffo:

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Don't worry, early game paranoia leads to everyone calling everyone scum regardless.

Remember that time MMG was scum and killed his scumbro with Mithranderp... Good times.

Scum.

:yarr:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gwynplaine posted:

The fact that I'm an imbecile had not escaped my attention, no.

I got a giggle out of this.

Then...

Gwynplaine posted:

Already got two pieces of paper on my wall that get me no work. May as well get a third that I have any level of actual ability in. Working part time and doing a short course in forensics and profiling to build up the money so I can pay for my training upfront.

:smith:

I feel you bro. Science in Queensland.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Freudian Slip posted:

poo poo - I totally missed Hiipfire. He hasn't posted today. I am more than happy to lynch him if he doesn't post soon. Lurkers who are town are useless as they don't help with lynching. Lurkers who are scum are the loving worst.

See also: Small Keating.

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh yeah everyone role claim, oh no not day 1 day 2? So we can compare notes on who claims the fastest and get lovely at the conflicts? Because god knows we don't have players whose entire loving game plan s keeping their cards close to their chest. GREAT IDEA BEET, PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK

And I'm the loving idiot?

Fiuck you

no, FIUCK YOU!

Matthew Beet posted:

a) i'm playing exactly how i always play day1, I run around shaking trees until something falls out. it's called scum hunting.
b) you've gotten quite feisty and abusive in a few games you little swear bear, i'm not actually trying to be deliberately rude or mean, sorry, i'm legitimately just playing around and i thought you'd get that.

Maybe you need a break from mafia, time out, go ban some people and come back less angry. I'll even report Negligent or gariac...

i JUST DISCOVERED PORTAL STORIES: MEL gently caress THIS IM PLAYING PORTAL.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's Portal Stories?

Hello, I've been out visiting my Mum since she's off to visit Queensland for two weeks.

From my reading the majority are lovely at Beet for trying to get a roleclaim going, Gwyn's kinda roleclaimed? And we've been able to stir up some lurkers.

PORTAL STORIES IS A FAN MADE PORTAL CHAPTER WITH VOICE ACTING AND poo poo AND ITS CANON!!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

OH AND BECAUSE ITS A MOD ITS FREE

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

I would vote coq or Kommando. Maybe Mith.

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh almost forgot about Coq - I'm not as suss on him as Beet is, but like Kommando I wouldn't mind chipping in if the lynch just went that way.

I'm onto you two.

HiipFire posted:

interesting strategy you got going on

http://i.imgur.com/pQ2VhDn.gif

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

piss

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm onto you too sleepyscum.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

I voted him for the similar reasons actually and then tried testing you on your reasoning. that's scum hunting and what i do in exactly every game ever.

even the ones you're scum? which is every game I've been in.
same for Bifauxnen. if I'm playing, shes scum.

I dont know how you behave as town. I've never seen you do it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

pretty much exactly the same. it's why i win a lot as scum :smuggo: *waggles eyebrows*

Well then we just can't tell till we cut you open then.

##vote Matthew Beet

Beetamax. Begone.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bed time. I hope Xact science and MMG turn up.

my scum reads are Beet Bif Maybe Birdstrike and someone else because I reckon there is at least 4 scum.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I wasn't paying attention to the deadline.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

since Anidav said days are 9pm and we were well past that I stopped thinking about it.

also I was churning through 120 post backlog and was calling it as I saw it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

by the time I caught up to reactions to my Beet vote and made a post the thread was locked.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

And you didn't kill a scum anyway with voting for Coq who ranted at everyone vehemently.

I stand by my Bif and Beet suspicion.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tirade posted:

Our voodoo language lie detector killed our actual lie detector :lol:

suspect #3. Asphyxious

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Well you're in the right mafia game then.

Selective memory.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

##Vote Matthew Beet

putting up.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

HE'S FULL OF poo poo! GET HIM!!

Do you really want a repeat performance?

Asphyxious posted:

Easy explanations aren't my field. I'm currently ticking over about ten different reasons why Bird was killed, I'll eliminate as I go.

Start with number one. Tell us. Go from there.

Asphyxious posted:

Based on Anidav's flavour MMG killed Bird, another person killed MMG.

Thats pretty obvious.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

It gets very stupid very quickly.

My thoughts: Kommando is posting very, very differently than usual. Going back over it, I appear to be one of the LAST people to notice he's posting odd. Some are saying he's being suspicious, some are saying he's deliberately twisting facts etc, but the thing that stands out to me is that he seems to be behaving as much, much more of a team player. Effort posting and being very hangdog when chided, where he'd normally get more vicious.

The difficulty for me is, yes, that's suspicious, but from experience I don't want to dogpile someone because they're not playing like an erratic rear end in a top hat?

gently caress you too, mate.

Freudian Slip posted:

OK, MMGs posts were easy to get through. They were just jokes and banter. He didn't even really throw shade at anyone.

Pretty much how he played in Asterix game. He made some obtuse tells but noone took him seriously.

Those On My Left posted:

THINGS I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH:

1) this post

for obvious reasons

2) everyone ignoring this exchange

like, best as i can tell the best argument against coq was that his roleclaim was a weird one and, particularly, that he was proposing to use it in an ineffective way. Well, here he is saying "Okay, i'll use it in a more effective way, thanks for the help". we could have left him overnight to do this and revisited the issue tomorrow, but no, everyone completely ignored this opportunity and certain people pushed to lynch him anyway

Hiipfire is a spaz and going with whatever direction D1 lynch was going, it wasnt great but some people are persuaded to vote with the crowd rather than stand their ground. See: How we got an LNP government.

I completely missed COQ's 'lie detector' claim, but Beet seems to be pressing COQ to produce results on D1, which if its a night role he cant. Thats a lovely way to test someones claim. Disingenuous bastardry.

I have no remorse voting for beet.

Those On My Left posted:

3) mith's hand wringing about coq

Oh i dunno, Phyx was pretty hard on the HES loving LYING without a bit of substance and upon lynch was utterly wrong.
Now only the scum are prescient. But does this point to Phyx lying barefaced, or Mith knowing something? Maybe neither.

Those On My Left posted:

this reminds me so much of the kind of thing i was posting about bif before she got lynched last game (when i was scum). I knew Bif was town and was just vaguely going "heyyyy i don't think this case is water tight". i dunno, just seems like a similar approach.

as for kommando's posting, honestly i'm not too bothered by him voting beet. like, on the re-read it seems pretty obvious that a lynch was gonna happen, there were too many people for absolutely no one to drop the hammer, so if i were kommando i wouldn't have felt worried about frustrating a lynch by voting with my gut

also there's this, which i buy

I'm not worried at all, the wagon was already moving. I had no draw on COQ. and by the time i caught up it was all over red rover.

Those On My Left posted:

4) Beet and Gaspy's incredible push against coq. if this is a scum play it is hugely brazen.

IN CONCLUSION
i am not really suss on kommando but could be persuaded

i am more suss on hiipfire and mith.

i am conflicted about beet and gaspy.

Pretty much my angle on this. But add bif because history teaches me Mother of Demons is always evil and should be ousted ASAP. Bif speaks with forked tongue.

Now to read page 21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gwynplaine posted:

Gaspy is innocent.

Is this honest and truthful? Or your speculation?

Bifauxnen posted:

Is this based off ~data ~ or brotherly love? :colbert:

er... same.

Freudian Slip posted:

I have been back through Bifs posts last night and She didn't say anyone was definitely town.

She never does. :evilbuddy:

Tirade posted:

Fucken oath I'm lording it over you idiots. Hiipfire was a great candidate for lynching and was in the lead when I went to bed iirc. Then y'all got a fit of the vapours and voted for coq instead.
:vince: "The vapors" lol.

Gwynplaine posted:

Data, Bif.

'aight.

• Locked thread