Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bwee
Please use this thread to list problematic things you have noticed

• the saying "just the tip" is a very common joke but describes rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

there is not a taco bell close to my current location. this is problematic.

:jerry:

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I don't like how a lot of people on the left accuse Lindsey Graham of being Gay, as if it were a bad thing, because he has never been married, as if that is a bad thing.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Gross Dude posted:

I don't like how a lot of people on the left accuse Lindsey Graham of being Gay, as if it were a bad thing, because he has never been married, as if that is a bad thing.

well to be fair it is because he has a history of anti-gay rights stances thus it implies hypocrasy if he himself enjoys the sensual pleasures of a lovely dong

Bwee

Gross Dude posted:

yeah lots of people are like "heh wouldn't it be funny if this homophobe was secretly gay" but i think that's.... Problematic.

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

the sensual pleasures of a lovely dong

why are we talking about my Smooth Jazz band?

:jerry:

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
those tubes at the bank, air brakes, pipe organs

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
any compressed air machine really

----------------

Bwee
almost anything shaped like a penis (subway sub, chipotle burrito, burger king chicken sandwich, etc)

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

tacos

Diqnol

Reality Television because it puts negative interactions between adults in a positive light and suggests that when people are happy with each other things are boring. I find it problematic because of the subconscious associations that might create.

saboten

do people still say frape

thank u bacalou

smoobles

- gendered suffixes for professions. there's no doctresses, why do we have waitresses and actresses

----------------

Android Blues

real fact when the NHS was introducing female doctors back in long time ago times, a lot of people wanted to call them "doctrixes" or "doctrices"

technically -or is a gendered suffix but its just so ubiquitous that its seen as gender neutral now, which is probably fine. if you want tru gender neutrality tho the answer is "docter" "acter" "sculpter" and suchlike

Bwee

smoobles posted:

- gendered suffixes for professions. there's no doctresses, why do we have waitresses and actresses

i think this is slowly going away, my friend refers to herself as an "actor" and that's fairly common i think

Android Blues

yeah its definitely improving. its nice!

smoobles

is the word "vape" problematic or am i assigning my own preconceptions b/c it rhymes with rape? either way it makes me uncomfortable

i've heard people say "i'm a serial vapist" as a comedy funny joke

----------------

dogcrash truther
The name of this smiley :bigtran:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

nearly all American cities require a certain (generally large) amount of parking on every property, which is insanely harmful to the poor and the environment, and 99% of the people empowered to fix this aren't trying at all. it's problematic.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Android Blues posted:

yeah its definitely improving. its nice!

you know what else is nice my [REDACTED FOR PROBLEMATIC CONTENT]

pig slut lisa

irl is good

financial literacy is extremely low and there are lots of institutions (rent-to-own stores, payday lenders, subprime mortgage underwriters) who prey upon this phenomenon among the poor.

there are plenty of institutions that prey upon the financial illiteracy of the middle and upper classes but i don't think that's pressing of a problem

Bwee

dogcrash truther posted:

oh wow

pig slut lisa

irl is good

dogcrash truther posted:

what the hell i've used this before and it didn't have this name

pig slut lisa

irl is good

nevermind i've used this one i guess ;-*

Diqnol

White Males.

saboten

dogcrash truther posted:

thought that said bigtrain

thank u bacalou

saboten

which also makes no sense

thank u bacalou

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

dogcrash truther posted:

:(

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Bwee

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

saboten

make this :bigtran :

thank u bacalou

alnilam

dogcrash truther posted:

what the gently caress :(

ty manifisto

GEExCEE

When I go to Arby's and my curlies aren't PIPING hot

alnilam

pig slut lisa posted:

nearly all American cities require a certain (generally large) amount of parking on every property, which is insanely harmful to the poor and the environment, and 99% of the people empowered to fix this aren't trying at all. it's problematic.

it sucks and it's not going to change because the one thing that will make people show up to a public hearing about a new building/project is "how will this affect MY parking :argh:"

seriously i go to public hearings sometimes and it's the only goddamn thing anyone wants to talk about

ty manifisto

Miss Psychosis

Everyone should be the same universal skin color and my new American Government Initiative to genetically modify everyone to be a very tasteful shade of blue will hopefully fix the issue of race once and for all.

i was reloading

by zen death robot

GEExCEE posted:

When I go to Arby's and my curlies aren't PIPING hot

this is the worst dude i really feel for u

;)

----------------

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Miss Psychosis posted:

Everyone should be the same universal skin color and my new American Government Initiative to genetically modify everyone to be a very tasteful shade of blue will hopefully fix the issue of race once and for all.

i'm listneing...post the shade of blue

Miss Psychosis

pig slut lisa posted:

i'm listneing...post the shade of blue

I can't, its classified. If you want to guess I'll tell you if you get it right though, the Government can't stop me from doing that.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Miss Psychosis posted:

I can't, its classified. If you want to guess I'll tell you if you get it right though, the Government can't stop me from doing that.

thanks. gonna take some time to think of a really good guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

saboten posted:

do people still say frape

youre thinking of the grapes meme

• Locked thread