Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
New York, New jersey especially. I can feel it. The Jobs moving out of the city, the urban decay. It is ripe to start the post apocalypse there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
*grip tightens on pipe wrench*

*grip tightens on dick*

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
go back to jersey you guido bitch

that was on a note somebody put on a double parked car from nj once

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
DeBlassio is the mayor who will bring the beloved New York of the 1970's back. Once again it shall be a cesspool and/or hive of scum and villiany.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
How very retro

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I see the murder rate numbers and I have the urge to wear an eyepatch and can feel my hair growing into a mullet.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm interested to see what new york will be like once it gets the detroit treatment.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
In the year 2024 a runaway planet is gonna fly between the Earth and Moon and cast NY into destruction. Then like in a thousand years people from Nassau County are gonna rise up and form a new world, with savagery, super science and still no decent place for the Islanders to play

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

VikingSkull posted:

In the year 2024 a runaway planet is gonna fly between the Earth and Moon and cast NY into destruction. Then like in a thousand years people from Nassau County are gonna rise up and form a new world, with savagery, super science and still no decent place for the Islanders to play

Ok, which saturday morning post apocalyptic barbarian cartoon is that?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Ok, which saturday morning post apocalyptic barbarian cartoon is that?

Thundarr the Barbarian

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Taint Reaper posted:

I see the murder rate numbers and I have the urge to wear an eyepatch and can feel my hair growing into a mullet.

Go on with your story, Mr. Plissken....

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In an existential sense, it already has.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
Thought you were posting about the North-East of England, nobody ever posts about us...

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

New York, New jersey especially. I can feel it. The Jobs moving out of the city, the urban decay. It is ripe to start the post apocalypse there.

blow me

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
A hipster stands on top of his apartment complex in Brooklyn sipping a caramel macchiato and whining incessantly under his breath about how he thought macchiatos were cool before everyone else did. He glances down at his pocket watch, "given to me by my great great great grandfather... You wouldn't get it" is his usual explanation of why he has such an outdated time piece. He knows soon that the elite of Manhattan are about to pull down the bridges any second now.
"Queens is all but abandoned now" says a voice behind him. His girlfriend pushes her thick black Cats eye glasses up onto the bridge of her nose. "The Bronx is boiling over, it's only a matter of time before it explodes." She continued, her gaze pointing to the north where smoke bellowed up into the sky.
He shakes his head and barely jumps when the demolition charges blow the bridges. It shakes the earth and rattles the windows in their casings.
She looks to him, "any news from Staten?" He shakes his head again and pushes a strand of hair back off his forehead.
"No. Who cared for Staten Island to begin with?" He gently shakes his cup and sighs.
"Come, let's go to Starbucks - I need more macchiato." He glances one last time over his shoulder at the gleaming skyscrapers of Manhattan before ducking into the stairwell.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Taint Reaper literally and unironically thinks the South is good lmao

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Man, New York sure is going downhill! Why, it's standard of living is now only forty nine times that of Alabama's!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
new york, new jersey is not a real city but only a city of your imagination op

i can guess hwo bad it is in there!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
TAINT REAPED AGAIN

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

Obsidius posted:

Thought you were posting about the North-East of England, nobody ever posts about us...

I've had this spot circled on a map for years and I just keep throwing loving darts at it, 2 every day as soon as I wake up and 1 before sleep when the shakes have stopped.

One day I'll hit the mark

Balls Bullseye

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Emanuel Collective posted:

Man, New York sure is going downhill! Why, it's standard of living is now only forty nine times that of Alabama's!

Why yes maybe if I get a minimum of 4 roommates I can possibly afford a luxurious apartment with the square footage of a dumpster in New York City, or I could buy a 100 acre ranch in Alabama and buy a nice car.

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe
As poor southern trash I've always marveled at New York City. How do these people afford it? Where the gently caress do the minimum wage slaves that service rich assholes in Manhatten live? When are people going to flip out about the world not making sense?

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

Obsidius posted:

It's grim up north.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Told Two Times posted:

As poor southern trash I've always marveled at New York City. How do these people afford it? Where the gently caress do the minimum wage slaves that service rich assholes in Manhatten live? When are people going to flip out about the world not making sense?

Lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Told Two Times posted:

the minimum wage slaves are starry eyed southerners who think $10 an hour is a kings ransom and we make them live on Staten Island

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Emanuel Collective posted:

Taint Reaper literally and unironically thinks the South is good lmao

You mean the South of Canada?

Well no poo poo the entire north of Canada is barren tundra and bears.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Obsidius posted:

I had to look at a map. tell me about Newcastle, is it really upon Tyne?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hell Yeah posted:

i'm interested to see what new york will be like once it gets the detroit treatment.

I see you've never heard of the Bronx before...

Ramsus posted:

Why yes maybe if I get a minimum of 4 roommates I can possibly afford a luxurious apartment with the square footage of a dumpster in New York City, or I could buy a 100 acre ranch in Alabama and buy a nice car.

Counterpoint: you're living in Alabama.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Stringbean posted:

A hipster stands on top of his apartment complex in Brooklyn sipping a caramel macchiato and whining incessantly under his breath about how he thought macchiatos were cool before everyone else did. He glances down at his pocket watch, "given to me by my great great great grandfather... You wouldn't get it" is his usual explanation of why he has such an outdated time piece. He knows soon that the elite of Manhattan are about to pull down the bridges any second now.
"Queens is all but abandoned now" says a voice behind him. His girlfriend pushes her thick black Cats eye glasses up onto the bridge of her nose. "The Bronx is boiling over, it's only a matter of time before it explodes." She continued, her gaze pointing to the north where smoke bellowed up into the sky.
He shakes his head and barely jumps when the demolition charges blow the bridges. It shakes the earth and rattles the windows in their casings.
She looks to him, "any news from Staten?" He shakes his head again and pushes a strand of hair back off his forehead.
"No. Who cared for Staten Island to begin with?" He gently shakes his cup and sighs.
"Come, let's go to Starbucks - I need more macchiato." He glances one last time over his shoulder at the gleaming skyscrapers of Manhattan before ducking into the stairwell.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

How can there be a black cast member if other people have already died first?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
WHO RUN BARTER TOWN?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

How can there be a black cast member if other people have already died first?

lol you think black people are lucky

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

satanic splash-back posted:

lol you think black people are lucky

I knew a black guy named Lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I knew a black guy named Lucky.

I don't believe a black person would name their child after a cigarette brand. That would be like naming them after a car manufacturer or a rock or something.

• Locked thread