Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

a big thing with how the villains in arc 4 are more 'humanized' in a way is that araki more or less has a running start after arc 3. there's a noticeable shift from the first half to the second half of stardust crusaders where more focus is put on the actual stand user than the stand itself.

On this note, I kind of wonder if the earlier Part 3 enemies not being much like real people is something of a holdover from the first two parts' emphasis on the supernatural. The villains were vampires and later the Pillar Men, and even their mooks were zombies. The bad guys weren't human, and thus didn't have human needs. It may also explain the spotlight focusing on the stands themselves rather than the people behind them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

I learned from the comments on this video that this song won the Animation Kobe Award for best theme song.
http://myanimelist.net/news/43067305

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Some liberties were taken for the answers to Yukako's first question. A is pretty accurate, C translates to something along the lines of fantasy, and B means ancient or primeval, which I don't think makes much sense as the correct answer. There was discussion of this in the anime thread, since the official subs use the rather loaded term "primitive" for that choice. Also, the "oftern" typo bugs me a lot more than it probably should.

• Locked thread