Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
I've always lived on the sunny side of the street, more or less. There were a few shootings at a college apartment I lived in once, but those were parties that got out of hand. I'm thinking of moving into the city, so I can be closer to work. Crime is high, but I keep my nose clean and I'm quick on my feet so I'm not that worried. However, I do know muggings happen and guns are hard to run from. I try to almost never carry cash, but I figure a mugger would be disappointed if I handed him a wallet full of plastic. Is it wise to carry at least $20 so a potential mugger won't get angry and shoot me irrationally? Is $20 not enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol good luck my sweet summer child

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

yes, I do it and it's worked for me so far

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
you sound awfully white op

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
wallet with a lit stick of acme dynamite in it

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
just suck they are dicks op

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
you should post a whole bunch about communism and guaranteed income and print those posts out to carry with you

"i'm fighitng FOR you guys!"

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Just get yourself a poo stick.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Vin BioEthanol posted:

you should post a whole bunch about communism and guaranteed income and print those posts out to carry with you

"i'm fighitng FOR you guys!"

ah yea and THEN he suck they dicks

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Darth123123 posted:

you sound awfully white op

it's called being prepared. not something you have to worry about in your cozy little suburb, nancy.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
just keep a portrait of bernie "sanders" sanders 2016 and spread the word OP

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
just carry a pocket full of sand

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
might as well keep a condom next to the cash in case they want to butt gently caress you too

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
political humor is not something i'm into, please keep it out of my thread. it's rarely funny, and usually fueled by the political views of the "humorist".

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

keep a bag of poop in your wallet so when they steal it they'll return it because they know you need your poop wallet.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

carrion kit posted:

might as well keep a condom next to the cash in case they want to butt gently caress you too

this is the kind of advice i'm looking for. if a guy has a knife, he's not getting my wallet or my butt. i can run like a motherfucker, unless he's a throwing knife champion he'll never hit me when i start to serpentine.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
a printout of a young hillary and then you can say "listen i'm practically black myself"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

it's called being prepared. not something you have to worry about in your cozy little suburb, nancy.

someone post that story about the guy eating pizza and throwing it at those stoners that look at him in a park

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you can't just disarm them you BAKKA GAIJIN

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
why dont you buy a gun and kill them OP. if you get your gunplay up to level 50 or so no way random muggers will get a shot in first. also, some of thosemuggers are real mean people who shoot or stab even if you did get them $20, food for thought.............

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Just go into the crane kick stance, then they will give you their wallets.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buy a firearm

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
just remind them that obama is president

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

a creepy colon posted:

Buy a firearm

see I was going to suggest this, but then thought about the OPs frightened demeanor and he's just going to shoot his roommate coming in late at night sometime

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
most muggers guns aren't even loaded OP, think about it for a fuckin second - if you could afford bullets you wouldnt need to mug someone

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Actually you should do a sick disarm move and then shoot them with their own gun and then when they're down put a couple more rounds into them and then say "keep the change, pal" instead.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

a creepy colon posted:

Buy a firearm

You'd have to get mugged like 30 times before this paid off compared to just giving them $20

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Infinite Karma posted:

You'd have to get mugged like 30 times before this paid off compared to just giving them $20

their gonna take his watch, nikes, and tighty whiteys too

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
By dangerous area you mean the "dark" part of town, right?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Infinite Karma posted:

yeah but how badass would you feel lol

also its not like a pleasant mugger approaches and says "please deposit $20 and ill go away" cause sometimes they gently caress you up for lols. thats what is going to happen to the OP

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Buy a trench coat, always have your hands in the pockets and act like you mean business. Walk around like you're on a mission and you're looking for your target. If somebody still has the balls to try to mug you, give them an icy stare right in the eyes and and say "You don't even know who the gently caress I am, do you?"

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Darth123123 posted:

their gonna take his watch, nikes, and tighty whiteys too

i wear boxers, my watch is a $15 casio, and I do indeed wear nikes, $7.50 at the local thrift shop.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

also its not like a pleasant mugger approaches and says "please deposit $20 and ill go away" cause sometimes they gently caress you up for lols. thats what is going to happen to the OP

OP gonna be playin knockout
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/three-injured-in-knockout-game-at-memphis-grocery-store/

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
You must look like a real bitch if you are worried about getting mugged.

Here's a pro tip: youre at much higher risk of getting burgled than robbed. Buy renters insurance and don't leave valuables in your car

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

if they want to throw hands, i'm not scared. i took boxing lessons from an old mexican man for a short time.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
ALSO: if somebody in the hood asks you if you have change for a $100 bill, do NOT say yes, even if you do in fact have change for a $100 bill

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
just keep some out of jail free cards on you. they will probably need those too.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

BigBoss posted:

By dangerous area you mean the "dark" part of town, right?

try city area with like top 10 or 20 murder rate, but i guess you don't have to be worry about that in your cozy little suburb, nancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i've found that people in "high crime areas" always seem happier after they get a cigarette from me, so i suggest carrying a pack with you and handing them out to everyone as a preemptive strike

• Locked thread