Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact: 267k
Replay: 51k
Total: 318k

ROH: 157k
Replay: 81k
Total: 238k

Last week it was 369k, 82k, 451k for TNA; 185k, 145k, 330k for ROH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Executive VP Andy Barton left

Could be telling considering he's only worked with Dixie for 20 years and just now thought to cut loose (worked at Trifecta '96-'02, at TNA '02-today)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zN3GITD.gif[[/img]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thauros posted:

I've rarely watched TNA and so I had no loving clue how great AJ was until his IWGP heavyweight championship reigns and his ROH work. It's loving insane how badly they apparently wasted a 25-35 year old AJ Styles.

Watching TNA AJ and even just AJ during the finishing sequence of the day-old Okada match is genuinely like watching two different people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

It will never happen but I'd love if they carry that story to NXT and they reveal it was the same guy who blew up the limo and drove the WCW Humvee.

It all ends up being Hornswoggle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Actually when you say TNA, BrodusTyrus, I think "dying"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Magnus talked to WrestlingInc

Magnus posted:

It was my decision [to leave]. The way my contract was structured, without getting too detailed, they couldn't release me. There was something in there that prevented that, which was nice.

It was due to roll over at the end of June. At the beginning of June I decided to give them notice that they hadn't contacted me regarding anything. It was structured that if they hadn't made contact about it a month out, I had the option to end it.

I think they knew how I felt, and I knew they were in a position financially where it was getting difficult for them to honor contracts like mine. Not trying to disclose too much, but I got it on pretty good authority from the office that I was in the upper echelon as pay is concerned. I knew they weren't in a position to offer the same structure. A year ago I had made peace with the idea of leaving. I always delivered everything they gave me whether I liked it or not. I knew in my gut a year ago I wasn't going to stay.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, if Magnus were just being loyal to the company, we'd respect it a lot more than what he actually actively did.

It's the same reason we make fun of Dixie jabbing at everybody during a preshow speech she makes to the wrestlers that is then uploaded to their official Youtube channel, or Corgan arguing with a journalist daily, or Velvet Sky saying she wishes the sperm used to create a heckling fan was swallowed instead.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 8, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

There's a feeling within TNA that the production crew, who hasn't been paid yet for the May tapings, really will be paid after July 15th as promised because of the fear that they won't show up for the tapings that begin on July 22nd.

Imagine no production people on the last week of TNA taping ever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Squalitude posted:

There was an interview/background segment on Kurt Angle on the latest Impact (or at least the UK version of it?) and he literally talked about his family just works until they drop dead on the job and that's his plan as well. I always took all those "lol Kurt Angle will die in the ring" posts as a bit of hyperbole, but jesus christos.

Nobody has made "lol Kurt Angle will die in the ring" posts, we have been completely serious about thinking Angle will die in-ring since he chose signing with TNA 2 weeks after WWE canned him for his own safety over rehab like they wanted

And I maintain exactly what I said after that tumor story came out: there is no story that perfectly sums up Kurt Angle more, for better or for worse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am so glad they were able to partner with people for 5 or 6 days all happening in the next 2 weeks and then never again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good thing they only have to tape what could be their last 6 weeks of TV in a week or two

How the gently caress are they gonna fill all that time, plus all the time they have to replace the BDC stuff with

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 15, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Hernandez was in a Tag Title match, a battle royal, a ladder match and a cage match apparently. All scrapped.

The battle royal led to the ladder match, and he won the cage match, so basically they gave him a minipush for something they legally couldn't do and can't air

I'm going to be sad to see this company go, but at least it's entertaining all the way down

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hernandez for Fan Favorite of the Year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stuff they can't air:

some of 7/15 (may have already aired, was done at the same time as last week's aired stuff)
Wolves beat MVP/Kenny King by DQ

Rest of 7/15 and 7/22
Galloway wins battle royal for world title #1 contender spot
Wolves retain over Hernandez/Kenny King

Part of 7/29
Matt Hardy beats Bram/Hernandez/EY to be #1 contender to world title

Rest of 7/29 and 8/5
Hernandez beats Lashley in a cage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I thought LU already released Hernandez? Or is he still considered under contract until the rest of his matches air on TV?

Either say, :lol:

They retain rights to contracts until season 2 status is confirmed as alive or dead, then they can decide what to do with talent if it's alive

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Regardless of what happens with the company, I hope the TNA thread never dies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA teaming up with GFW was done because they couldn't get something done with ROH.

Their plan for an ROH collab? ROH top guy would come in and invade. And then get beat on TNA TV. And that'd be it.

I don't see how ROH could have said no, much less quickly :iiam:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

Can't TNA find Apolo and reshoot the matches with him? I imagine Dixie would say "Cain't nobody tell the differnce, darlin"

He's in WWC and NWA now, one of which has never worked with TNA and the other doesn't want to ever again, so that's even unlikelier than this situation getting resolved and Hernandez coming back anytime soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chikara called DA to see if they'd air their live Wednesday show, but DA never heard of them :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Godawful ratings are in

ROH at 8 p.m. 80,000 viewers (by far the record low)
TNA at 9 p.m. 293,000 viewers (one of the lower numbers)
ROH at 11 p.m. 89.000 viewers
TNA at midnight 72,000 viewers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH's numbers were good for the first month, this is a record low in both original airing and replay for them on the station.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA doesn't even have 20 great matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So they're airing BFG on PPV

in October

They go off TV a week or two before then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Of all the people to finally kill TNA, who would've thought it'd be loving Hernandez

Didn't he ask TNA to bring Hernandez back so he could be part of BDC because he thought they needed a new face after losing Joe and Low-Ki

That managed to work out even more horribly than anybody thought and it took much less time than every other horrible thing they've done this year, with the benefit of actually legit being able to pin the blame on someone else this time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

Tyler Reks actually did walk out when he was getting a push in a team with Hawkins

He left to be with his family. He appreciated them finally pushing him, but saw it happening at the expense of him not being able to see his daughter grow, and the second he realized that, he left.

He even said Jane Geddes offered to increase his pay to get him to stay.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wizardstick posted:

I thought Tyler Reks had a poo poo-load of backstage heat for a couple of things?

A) using the sort of Burning Hammer as a finisher which Cena didn't like as it was too close to the AA

B) Seeing Ryder get big internet celeb with Long Island Iced Z and making his own version which was a lovely flash cartoon with South Park style assets which poked fun at WWE but had no wit or humour about it so just offended his co-workers.

He did (B was hilariously stupid), I was just responding to the post about him walking out while he was being pushed explaining why he did that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Have little details but apparently something insane went down with TNA today. There's lots of problems obviously. But expect more drama this week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DynamiteKidd posted:

Production staff was supposed to be paid on the 15th or thereabouts, that may in fact be it.

Oh my loving god the last tapings start this week hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah

Goddammit TNA just once I'd like to laugh at WWE without you oneupping things immediately

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

You mean the 54 year old Neo-Nazis TNA hired to intimidate the production staff didn't work? What's to stop the entire taping cycle from collapsing into a pile of anarchy now.

Good thing tapings don't start until

flashy_mcflash posted:

A reminder that they're filming for eight days straight. It's kind of like a really really lovely G1. Like a G9 at best.

...36 hours from now :laffo:

Yeah, there's no way this news is anything but that, unless it's Dixie seeing the end and quitting already

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I swear to loving god if you guys get the loving TNA thread shut down on what could be its funniest and last week of the program being worked on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

TNA fired the production guy who was leaking the lack of pay stories.

They still haven't been paid have they

They're still gonna walk out :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Discount Trombones posted:

That can't possibly be legal.

If you think that's the first illegal thing they've done, I'm surprised, and if it ends up being the last they do, I'm surprised

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At this point I'm rooting for anything that leaves the fans stammering and struggling to come up with an explanation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Site seems to indicate it's only $350 or so. I get that they would have never been able to have it cost a grand-plus, but that still seems pretty cheap if so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The show itself is free to attend, anything over $50 for this junk is too expensive.

Bound for Glory is at Charlotte, NC, not the Impact Zone.

Pricing options are up:

Fan Zone $125 (floor seat, all you can eat concessions, preshow meet and greet, poster)
VIP package $175 (front row, preshow meet and greet, Sunday morning coffee with champs, poster)
Travel package as low as $400/person (2 nights at a hotel, Saturday night reception at hotel with wrestlers, plus VIP package stuff)
And the main event experience is $250 + cost of tickets

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

:psyduck: What sort of person would want to pay for this??

You're not looking at the layers of it. You'll be able to tell Matthews, Dixie, and now potentially Corgan they each suck to their faces, and you'll be doing it the morning of their last event

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

I have to assume they paid them and then fired them for being Not Loyal to the Cause or whatever

You're assuming an awful lot of good about TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just further proves the "at some point at a person's time in TNA, they clearly give up" theory right

• Locked thread