Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ever tried breast milk? It's great. It tastes pretty good, like regular whole milk but a little sweeter. The morning breast milk is the best, it's thickest and has the viscosity of cream. Good for coffee imho, and your immune system! Body builders also drink the stuff in droves for the super powers it bestows. so why not be like a super body builder goons and get on CL (craig's list) for some BM (breast milk).

Post all your breast milk acquiring/drinking tips here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im gay

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
u just gotta find your own cow, ever heard the saying TRY the milk before you buy it??

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

Ever tried breast milk? It's great. It tastes pretty good, like regular whole milk but a little sweeter. The morning breast milk is the best, it's thickest and has the viscosity of cream. Good for coffee imho, and your immune system! Body builders also drink the stuff in droves for the super powers it bestows. so why not be like a super body builder goons and get on CL (craig's list) for some BM (breast milk).

Post all your breast milk acquiring/drinking tips here.

ha, we used those bottles for our kid's breast milk

then we switched to formula cos it's better & healthier

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clipperton posted:

ha, we used those bottles for our kid's breast milk

then we switched to formula cos it's better & healthier

Lol your wife must have some rotten rear end tittays or hep c if formula was better

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Formula is for trash babies and ppl who give their kids the stuff should be murdered

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

Lol your wife must have some rotten rear end tittays or hep c if formula was better

well among other things the formula has omega 3s and 6s and poo poo for neural development so apologies in advance for when my big brained kid owns your retard baby at school and then cures cancer

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No doctor on earth recommends formula over breast milk. Make your own thread about formula and not vaccinating your kids!

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

No doctor on earth recommends formula over breast milk. Make your own thread about formula and not vaccinating your kids!

actually our doctor said there was no real difference and it's only the lll crazies who buy into that poo poo

and antivaxxers are pretty much exclusively breastfeeders (idk if it works the other way around but i suspect it does)

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clipperton posted:

actually our doctor said there was no real difference and it's only the lll crazies who buy into that poo poo
)

lol

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

like if you are in some third world shithole where all the water has cholera in it then yeah obv breast milk is better but i happen to live in a real country

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm yeah youre definitely wrong and you should see a different "doctor" before they kill your kids

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

lol from the very first link on google

quote:

For mothers who are unable to breastfeed or who decide not to, infant formula is a healthy alternative. Formula provides babies with the nutrients they need to grow and thrive.

you really showed me there chief

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

A number of health organizations — including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), and the World Health Organization (WHO)recommend breastfeeding as the best choice for babies. Breastfeeding helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions.

So basically if your girl is too lazy or genetically inept to produce breast milk for your kid then formula is OK

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok so now were back on the topic of Breast Milk and how great it tastes :D

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

A number of health organizations — including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) — recommend breastfeeding as the best choice for babies. Breastfeeding helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions.

So basically if your girl is too lazy or genetically inept to produce breast milk for your kid then formula is OK

i guess the breast babies can console themselves with their 0.01% less chance of having hayfever, when the huge brained formula babies take over and put them all in camps

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clipperton posted:

i guess the breast babies can console themselves with their 0.01% less chance of having hayfever when the huge brained formula babies take over and put them all in camps

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/18/health/breastfeeding-iq-income/

Hmmm yeah, no. Now please go away!!

Unless you wanna discuss BREAST MILK and not GUTTER TRASH FORMULA which you fed to your spawn

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

It's not like evolution has made females the source of the best thing a growing baby needs or anything.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Clipperton posted:

i guess the breast babies can console themselves with their 0.01% less chance of having hayfever, when the huge brained formula babies take over and put them all in camps

ive heard that the formula factories often are also factories used to process dog food and hay, making them MORE likely to give your baby hay fever, salmonella, dog food fever

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Breast Milk has been linked to increased brain growth and intelligence. Here is an NCBI study about it :)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2939272/

quote:

Although observational findings linking breast milk to higher scores on cognitive tests may be confounded by factors associated with mothers’ choice to breastfeed, it has been suggested that one or more constituents of breast milk facilitate cognitive development, particularly in preterms. Because cognitive scores are related to head size, we hypothesised that breast milk mediates cognitive effects by affecting brain growth. We used detailed data from a randomized feeding trial to calculate percentage of breast milk (%EBM) in the infant diet of 50 adolescents. MRI scans were obtained (mean age=15y9m), allowing volumes of total brain (TBV), white and grey matter (WMV, GMV) to be calculated. In the total group %EBM correlated significantly with Verbal IQ (VIQ); in boys, with all IQ scores, TBV and WMV. VIQ was, in turn, correlated with WMV and, in boys only, additionally with TBV. No significant relationships were seen in girls or with grey matter. These data support the hypothesis that breast milk promotes brain development, particularly white matter growth. The selective effect in males accords with animal and human evidence regarding gender effects of early diet. Our data have important neurobiological and public health implications and identify areas for future mechanistic study.

Mama Mia!!

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/18/health/breastfeeding-iq-income/

Hmmm yeah, no. Now please go away!!

Unless you wanna discuss BREAST MILK and not GUTTER TRASH FORMULA which you fed to your spawn

1) that study was from brazil and i specifically said i wasn't talking about garbage countries, and 2) they were studying 30 year olds and formula probably was pretty poo poo 30 years ago. now its got the omegas

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha its crazy but understandable that you still think formula is some how not inferior to natural breast milk. After all, you made the complete wrong choice for your kid and now they will have to suffer from your ignorance.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"B-b-b-b-but... its got OMEGAS!!"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Breast Milk comes in such attractive containers.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
please do not troll about this. there are extremely retarded people on this site who may come to belive that formulae is not extremely fail and a 100 % sure way to produce weaker & frailer babies and the babies do not deserve to get owned like this.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

"B-b-b-b-but... its got OMEGAS!!"

this is you isn't it

Grandmother of Five posted:

please do not troll about this. there are extremely retarded people on this site who may come to belive that formulae is not extremely fail and a 100 % sure way to produce weaker & frailer babies and the babies do not deserve to get owned like this.

yes this is why the population is divided neatly into breast-milk raised ssj4's and stunted half-men who were raised on formula. oh wait

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Clipperton posted:

1) that study was from brazil and i specifically said i wasn't talking about garbage countries, and 2) they were studying 30 year olds and formula probably was pretty poo poo 30 years ago. now its got the omegas

Way to gently caress up your kids life dude

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Clipperton posted:

this is you isn't it

yes this is why the population is divided neatly into breast-milk raised ssj4's and stunted half-men who were raised on formula. oh wait

Id suck her tit until puberty too

hth

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

heh reasons to use formula instead of breast milk:
-you're a lazy bitch
-you prioritize your alcoholism over the health of your child

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

corpuscollossus posted:

Way to gently caress up your kids life dude

i think you should admit your conflict of interest here because your dad makes mad $$$ selling bm to gastown and the bullet farm

Pastor Perineum posted:

heh reasons to use formula instead of breast milk:
-you're a lazy bitch
-you prioritize your alcoholism over the health of your child

"Your partner can help out with nighttime feedings and share that bonding experience with your baby." sorry all your kids will grow up to have strained and distant relationships with their dads

also "Whichever way you choose to feed your baby -- breast milk, formula, or a combination of both -- the most important thing is that your baby is well fed, well cared for, and loved. So ditch the mommy guilt!" you mommy guilt-tripper

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 2, 2015

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Clipperton posted:

you can still be strong & smart, you're just less strong and smart than you would have been, which is sad. every single doctor in the world is going to recommend breast milk over formulae & if your story is true, so did your doc or nurse until your wife's birth related depression was discovered, which is just about the only thing other than outright contagious disease or severe auto-immune disorders that will make your local health personel advocate the use of formulae. hope she's feeling better nowadays, no joke.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Grandmother of Five posted:

you can still be strong & smart, you're just less strong and smart than you would have been, which is sad. every single doctor in the world is going to recommend breast milk over formulae & if your story is true, so did your doc or nurse until your wife's birth related depression was discovered, which is just about the only thing other than outright contagious disease or severe auto-immune disorders that will make your local health personel advocate the use of formulae. hope she's feeling better nowadays, no joke.

lol

actually no our doctor literally said the difference (insofar as there was one and it wasn't down to confounding factors) was insignificant. fun fact tho, one of the moms in our prenatal group did get depressed, because she couldnt breastfeed and some pro-bm jihadist basically told her she was genociding her kid. (that was you wasnt it)

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Clipperton posted:

lol

actually no our doctor literally said the difference (insofar as there was one and it wasn't down to confounding factors) was insignificant. fun fact tho, one of the moms in our prenatal group did get depressed, because she couldnt breastfeed and some pro-bm jihadist basically told her she was genociding her kid. (that was you wasnt it)

Is your doctor old? It was a widely held belief up until the late 90s that breast milk and formula were nutritionally equal and therefore the difference was unimportant, but the results of long-term studies (some posted here) have shown that breastfed children are significantly ahead of their formula-fed peers in a wide range of areas, including intelligence, immunity, motor skills and emotional stability.

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
AFFC Spoilers:

"Sam found himself kissing her back. I said the words, he thought, but her hands were tugging at his blacks, pulling at the laces of his breeches. He broke off the kiss long enough to say, "We can't," but Gilly said, "We can," and covered his mouth with her own again. The Cinnamon Wind was spinning all around them and he could taste the rum on Gilly's tongue and the next thing her breasts were bare and he was touching them. I said the words, Sam thought again, but one of her nipples found its way between his lips. It was pink and hard and when he sucked on it her milk filled his mouth, mingling with the taste of rum, and he had never tasted anything so fine and sweet and good. If I do this I am no better than Dareon, Sam thought, but it felt too good to stop."

If it's good enough for The Slayer, it's good enough for me.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blistex posted:

Breast Milk comes in such attractive containers.

On the flip side only some of the containers are organic

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
breast milk is better, but many moms have to work or need medication or other poo poo and need formula. It's a bit much to guilt bottle parents and talk about how they ruin their kids lives. Mind your own kids.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

fuckin :yikes:

ChairmanMeow posted:

breast milk is better, but many moms have to work or need medication or other poo poo and need formula. It's a bit much to guilt bottle parents and talk about how they ruin their kids lives. Mind your own kids.

yeah this.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Dogballs posted:

fuckin :yikes:

yeah this.

you are a doctor

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMoeADHQ2I

• Locked thread