Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Is it possible this was just a freak accident and we don't need to tear the whole thing down:ohdear:

If you're talking about the aero packages announced today, those have been coming since NASCAR was backed into the corner by the drivers at Dover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

VikingSkull posted:

oh jesus christ not Buddy too :smith:

e- oh dear god

Link

legit tearing up reading that, goddamnit I love Buddy this sucks

God damnit.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Can we swap out Curtis Turner for one more year for the Hall of Fame for Buddy Baker?

I'd prefer not to have a Pat Burns moment with Buddy, if we can...

Oh, he just hopped into the induction express lane. I hope he makes it that long.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, JWT came down. Good job, rear end in a top hat.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, that's a hole in the fence.

Again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyEKGQiv4LY

1.8 out of 5 stars.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They had one entrance into and out of the garage because of a reconfiguration of the infield and, as one might expect, it led to clownshoes. Cole Whitt ran into the back of Sam Hornish, Jr., who had the right of way, but was waiting because Danica was trying to get in and waiting for Hornish to leave.

So they brought out a NASCAR official to play traffic cop.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Night of the Bad Ride-Buyers. JWT with two wrecks. Menard fenced Bubba Wallace and then ran him up the track as if it were Bubba's fault.

e- Kyle Busch pissed on the radio because he's running third in an Xfinity race. All is right in the world again.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 11, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That was an...entertaining race at Kentucky? And Xfinity at that? :psyduck:

:siren: ERIK JONES MELTDOWN TIME :siren:

e- That whole victory lane sequence was so forced. Dave Burns building the energy of how Brad had his "trademark sunglasses" and "how good the 22 team is at celebrating, complete with beverages on hand", and then Brad with a fairly canned interview.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 11, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That K&N finish from Columbus. :tviv:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If you're going to win one race to get into the Chase (or at all this year), make it this one, Jeff.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The one thing I'm finding I don't like about NBC so far is that they repeat the same thing over and over again. I've been told three times in the last ten minutes "If Kyle Busch wins, he'll get maximum points, and he needs to be in the Top 30 to make the Chase. This is the type performance he needs to close the gap." by Steve Letarte, Jeff Burton, and Rick Allen, in that order.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cubey posted:

Watched the last ten laps to see this new killer package, it was identical to any other ten laps from any other 1.5 mile track. You people are out of your minds.

It's a step in the right direction. The race for the lead between Logano and Busch was fun.

e- "Dominating night by the 88 team tonight." -Rick Allen.

Rick seems a bit rusty. Fumbled some promos, got tongue-tied, called Kyle Junyer.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

THREE CHICKEN TENDERS
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
KYLE'S GONNA BE CHAMP
RUNNIN' 27 RACES

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DogeCar's going to need a new driver.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jeff Gordon's racetrack stats as compared to other big names: http://nas.cr/1IWcdxg

ESPN recounts Danica's biggest meltdowns: http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/13251223/danica-patrick-five-biggest-blowups-including-run-dale-earnhardt-jr

...and NASCAR.com recounts Danica's biggest moments in her first 100 Cup starts, which include "Danica's best finish of 2012 funnily enough involved her being caught up in a wreck", "Danica gets a boyfriend", and "Oh hey, Danica finished in the Top 10 a couple times" : http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/gallery/2015/7/13/danica-patrick-100-career-sprint-cup-starts.html#danica-intro-12

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nah, DW's into Canadians nowadays.

quote:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 38m38 minutes ago
Well, this was new: "I'd love to see Brian France show up in some of these meetings. But I'm sure he's busy," Stewart says of driver council

:thurman:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kenny Wallace will run the NXS race at Iowa for JGR. It'll be his last NASCAR race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BUMP AND RUN.

e- I'm not making another post since I'm already talking this here: I love four-bangers. They're worth the price of admission at my local track, they've just never done that. I do remember a Late Model feature where all but about four cars wrecked on the first lap because the track was blocked & there was nowhere to go.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 16, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fun fact: Jeff Gordon has not won at New Hampshire since The '90s (1998).

How the hell is that possible?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

That race was bollocks, dogg.

Bollocks, dogg, but not the Dog's Bollocks, right?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dog%27s%20Bollocks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ARCA is happening right now from A Good Track, Iowa. FOX Sports 1.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What was determined to make a good race from the first Drivers' Council meeting?

quote:

"I think so. NASCAR I think wants pack racing and drafting and passing. Tons of passing, tons, tons - if they could pass every straightaway at speed that would a great show for NASCAR, which it would be great to watch," Earnhardt said.

"I think the drivers' opinion of what a great show is, is a bit old-school. Something from the '80s and the '90s. Not necessarily in the fact that fifth place was a lap down, because that stuff is not going to happen these days because the sport is too competitive. But off-throttle time, guys sliding around, tires wearing out, tires not making a fuel run, having to really take care of it.That's the kind of thing we want to encourage."

http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2015/07/first-topic-at-first-nascar-drivers.html

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

Brian Scott just kaboomed

The only question left now is which Buschwacker wins.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

All is right in the NASCAR world again: Kyle Busch is pouting like a bitch over a 4th place finish in a race which is meaningless to him.

Ok, I've gone off the deep end. Taking a page out of LASTCAR's book, I'm going to start keeping track of the NXS Best In Class because I'm genuinely interested in who's done the best out of Xfinity regulars. This week's winner, which will make maffewbuildings happy, is :siren: DANIEL SUAREZ :siren:. It's Suarez' third win of the season!

This follows (actual finish in parenthesis. Erik Jones does not count.):
-Daytona- Ryan Reed (OVERALL WINNER!)
-Atlanta- Ty Dillon (3rd)
-LVMS- Ryan "Man Without A Series" Blaney (2nd)
-Phoenix- Ty Dillon (6th)
-California- Brendan Gaughan (2nd)
-Texas- Regan Smith (4th)
-Bristol- Daniel Suarez (2nd)
-Richmond- Regan Smith (3rd)
-Talladega- Brian Scott (2nd because God hates us all)
-Iowa- Chris Buescher (OVERALL WINNER!)
-Charlotte- Regan Smith (5th)
-Dover- Chris Buescher (OVERALL WINNER!)
-Michigan- Chase Elliott (2nd, how'd it take him so long to show up on this list god drat)
-Chicagoland- Ryan "Man Without A Series" Blaney (2nd)
-Daytona- Elliott Sadler (2nd)
-Kentucky- Daniel Suarez (4th)
-NHMS- Daniel Suarez (5th)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

Am I reading that right in that only roush drivers have been the only full time winners this year? Lol

Yes.

And one of the better drivers in the last few weeks has been RCR's Brian Scott, on another team that hasn't done poo poo in Cup this year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Daytona's got nothing on Eldora, apparently.

Also, Denny Hamlin's mom tweeted this is the last race for his merchandise trailer. His stuff will be combined into a trailer with other drivers at Indy, with everything going to megatents at Pocono and beyond.

e- Hey, Adam Sandler is today's Grand Marshal because there is no God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUipdid7_c

Fun fact! My brother knew I was at that race and immediately texted me "What the gently caress was that?" after seeing that. :suicide:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 19, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PatrickBateman posted:

So next week will be my first race ever, sadly at Indy. What are the must do's/don'ts and all that poo poo. We got the family passes so we get to go to like A, H and vista I think.

This is ten year old information (meaning when people used to go to the 400), but if you don't want to deal with traffic, consider taking one of the park-and-ride shuttles in from the airport or downtown. We stayed at a Residence Inn at the airport, which worked out amazingly well: hotel airport shuttle dropped us off on the arrivals level, walk to the Park-and-Ride bus. Skips traffic entirely.

You can also consider parking in somebody's driveway adjacent to the track seeing as the track sits in a residential neighborhood, which is bizarre as hell seeing it for the first time.

Sit as high as you can. I was at the pit entrance the year I went and you couldn't really see much at all.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Quantrill posted:

If he doesn't have merch tomorrow at Eldora I will flip him off every lap.

If, in the normal course of milling through gypsies' merchandise/souvenir trailers/haulers/tents at Eldora, I find a JWT t-shirt before an SRA t-shirt, I will buy it and provide photographic evidence of such. Depending on size, I may also wear it during the race. :toxx:

...god, I hope he doesn't have merch, either.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 22, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If you ever go to Eldora and are approaching from the south, Park in the first gate you come to. If you go to the second gate, it's $5 more. :fuckoff:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did not find JWT merch.

Did find and purchase a bitchin' Kenny Schrader shirt.

74 is running Chevy car headlight decals.

E2- Here comes a good-assed heat.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 23, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Schrader gets a big reaction for that win.

SRA made me nervous at the end.

Dude in front has a Norm Benning shirt. Get on it LASTCAR.

...and SRA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Smoke is driving the grater with Rico Abreu riding shotgun.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cubey posted:

is there seriously a donald trump truck in this race

e: well done sra

I just saw that. :laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"I'm assuming that was the 15."

CFS- Sheheen said they're 8 seconds slower than Sprints here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did not find JWT merch.

Did find and purchase a bitchin' Kenny Schrader shirt.

74 is running Chevy car headlight decals.

E2- Here comes a good-assed heat.

Update- 74 is a Dodge with Chevy decals.

E- 63's divebombs are baller as gently caress.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 23, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I want Bobby Pierce to win this so badly. Dude can throw it into 1 like no other.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They need a second dirt race somewhere. Xfinity at Eldora is sufficient. This loving rules.

The band played on as the Boat was slowly sinking.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dillon is gonna gently caress this up for Pierce on the restart by making a run, allowing Bell to cruise to the win.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If the 54 gets the 63 Black Flagged, I'm going the gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Daytona International Speedway took down the classic sign which had stood on the property for years.

And by "took down", I mean "obliterated as if to symbolically and overzealously stomp on its history":

https://www.facebook.com/DaytonaInternationalSpeedway/posts/10152899114541020

• Locked thread