Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Killing all snails gets you some sort of hidden unlockable I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Fortunately those pitfalls also work on enemies. Think there's an achievement for two at once.

So long, Joseph. (Though, I actually kinda like him going out as a boss fight where his legitimate anger against Kidman helps turn him into a monster.)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I kind of like the Administrator as a threatening presence a lot more than Ruvik. Ruvik was primarily concerned with "how gory can I make your nightmare" and was revealed to basically be a very spoiled young man who liked hurting people for its own sake. The Administrator, though... he's an adult fear. He's your boss, and he's very disappointed with you.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm not even sure if this guy is actually her boss or a nightmare she has of her boss. If it's the latter, that's why he's nearly killing her.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Sindai posted:

It's like Shinji Mikami finally gained enough XP to reach loving With the Player 2 while designing this DLC. :ssj:

I think the Assignment/Consequence DLC were designed by someone other than Mikami, hence the tone shift. Whoever was in charge needs to get more work NOW because drat he is good at what he does.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

kCPD Blue Screen of Death!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thesaya posted:

I get the feeling that Kidman's ignorance is of the wilful kind. Coming from a bad place and suddenly being offered the world, she probably knew it would have consequences but she didn't want to think about the other shoe dropping.

I wonder if she had to pass real cop exams or fake cop exams for this. Remember that long list of juvenile offenders we read earlier? Probably Kidman. I wonder if Möbius expunged her records.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

Sorry for the delay! Let's put this one to bed.

49: Put Out That Light!/Polsy

Also if you want to see someone play this not stupid and blind maybe check out CJacobs' The Evil Within and Resident Evil 4 Double Feature.

I'll start prioritizing when I start getting paid for internet videos :haw:

Scruffy I legit love your LP and your style.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, the rest of her attire is really sensible but I'm pretty sure any cop who expects to see even a little action should have flats, if not running sneakers.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Derek Barona posted:

No, it was clearly a double-barrel. That's why he was only getting one shot, it was firing both shells.

So, that file you picked up was titled Indoctrination. Judging from how she went from defiant and WTF from the start to monotone, I'm guessing there was probably some serious mind-altering stuff in that cocktail she was shot up with. Hell, that file alone made me start rethinking this whole "Kidman chose to join Mobius" angle. Might just be that they grabbed her off the street and drugged her into being a lackey agent.

Also: the question the agent asks Kidman at the end. It's the question that Shadow Man started asking Kidman.

Which implies that her entire memory of the administrator guy asking her those questions and the meeting in his office was a warped fabrication. We're not just dealing with memories, we're dealing with false memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ghostwoods posted:

That was awesome. Thanks, Scruffy. Is "Myra" some sort of Resi reference?

Myra is Sebastian's missing wife. She didn't go missing. She's working for Mobius, apparently. At a high-level position, even!

Also complicating everything is Julie now has the weird scar on her hand.

• Locked thread