Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Niggurath posted:

The next DLC is more story DLC that ties in directly with this one. There's no real explanation why the Executioner DLC was so ummmm out of nowhere thematically and game play wise. It was still mindless fun though...

That DLC makes me feel like he should have done the remake of Splatterhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
And now for the last series of videos, the final DLC...time to face...THE CONSEQUENCE.

46: Flashlight Problems/Polsy

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Scruffy, those puns should have been axed.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Those chemical lights are a really bitchin idea. I can't wait to see what else they do with them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Did you ever realize that the chemical lights were limited by how many you threw out and not time?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Matches now replaced by glow sticks. Except you have to microwave them first before breaking them open and pouring them on suspicious corpses.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Even better, you could crack one open and chug it, and then you could BECOME the glowstick.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Sindai posted:

Did you ever realize that the chemical lights were limited by how many you threw out and not time?

Eventually!

In other news, it's time for the most :science: episode yet!

47: Revenge of the Spotlight/Polsy

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
I am seriously beginning to think the theory about the boss being something the stem is making to gently caress with here is right.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I think the music-playing moment can be safely considered a 'dick move, game.' moment.

Edit: 'They saved Ruvik's brain!!!'

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 3, 2015

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's like Shinji Mikami finally gained enough XP to reach loving With the Player 2 while designing this DLC. :ssj:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Sindai posted:

It's like Shinji Mikami finally gained enough XP to reach loving With the Player 2 while designing this DLC. :ssj:

I think the Assignment/Consequence DLC were designed by someone other than Mikami, hence the tone shift. Whoever was in charge needs to get more work NOW because drat he is good at what he does.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Backstory! Horror! Combat! Kinda funny technical difficulties that I haven't recorded past yet!

48: KCPD Blue/Polsy

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
CLIFFHANGER! :argh:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

kCPD Blue Screen of Death!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ah, if only you could have placed this in at the end of the video

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Ah yes. Crashing the player's game. The ultimate attack

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I get the feeling that Kidman's ignorance is of the wilful kind. Coming from a bad place and suddenly being offered the world, she probably knew it would have consequences but she didn't want to think about the other shoe dropping.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Why does the dude persist in calling her "kid"? Is this her absent father? Is the woman Seb's absent wife? Is the guy who mops floors Joe's missing uncle?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's been her nickname her whole life, remember her missing persons poster?

Presumably outside of STEM he didn't call her that, he just calls her that inside the machine because that was her nickname as a child and she had a real bad childhood. Therefore, he's extra spooky to Kidman in a personal way. It's just STEM loving with her.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 5, 2015

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm not entirely sure but I believe there is a funny easter egg associated with the Soft Drink dispenser.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thesaya posted:

I get the feeling that Kidman's ignorance is of the wilful kind. Coming from a bad place and suddenly being offered the world, she probably knew it would have consequences but she didn't want to think about the other shoe dropping.

I wonder if she had to pass real cop exams or fake cop exams for this. Remember that long list of juvenile offenders we read earlier? Probably Kidman. I wonder if Möbius expunged her records.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm getting a little burnt out on my update schedule between two LPs so I'm going to take a break for a few days before I get back into this. Sorry for the delay!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Speedball posted:

I wonder if she had to pass real cop exams or fake cop exams for this. Remember that long list of juvenile offenders we read earlier? Probably Kidman. I wonder if Möbius expunged her records.

Given that they dropped her into the job straight as a junior detective and not a beat cop that had to work her way up to it, probably.

Also, :argh: dammit Scruffy, prioritize! And by that I mean on us!

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Derek Barona posted:

While you wait come join us as scruffy goes for a sprint in Half Minute Hero 2. You will only have 26 videos to keep yourself busy.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Derek Barona posted:

Given that they dropped her into the job straight as a junior detective and not a beat cop that had to work her way up to it, probably.

I feel like they might have even falsified a new one. They must have given her some kind of education I feel though. I am not sure if faking all those years of education and work would even be possible though, if that is what they intended to have been the case it is a bit of a plot hole.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm not entirely sure but I believe there is a funny easter egg associated with the Soft Drink dispenser.

Looking it up yes there is an ester egg attached with the soft drink dispenser. What you have to do is a bit obtuse though. If your interested google it it's worth seeing.
'

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It better be lemon-lime when Kidman wanted orange. Now to disappoint myself and look up that easter egg.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GuyUpNorth posted:

It better be lemon-lime when Kidman wanted orange. Now to disappoint myself and look up that easter egg.

Believe me when I say you will not be disappointed. After using the soda machine some immeasurable amount of times, you can observe... this.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

CJacobs posted:

Believe me when I say you will not be disappointed. After using the soda machine some immeasurable amount of times, you can observe... this.

That's loving amazing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Holy poo poo.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

That's amazing.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

CJacobs posted:

:staredog:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Sorry for the delay! Let's put this one to bed.

49: Put Out That Light!/Polsy

Also if you want to see someone play this not stupid and blind maybe check out CJacobs' The Evil Within and Resident Evil 4 Double Feature.

Derek Barona posted:

I'll start prioritizing when I start getting paid for internet videos :haw:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

Sorry for the delay! Let's put this one to bed.

49: Put Out That Light!/Polsy

Also if you want to see someone play this not stupid and blind maybe check out CJacobs' The Evil Within and Resident Evil 4 Double Feature.

I'll start prioritizing when I start getting paid for internet videos :haw:

Scruffy I legit love your LP and your style.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Like I posted earlier, I think the blind playthrough fits perfectly. The game has surprises around every corner and messes with the player by constantly changing the rules. and knowing in advance probably makes for a different game. Like how you wasted all your bolts on the second encounter with spiderlady and then struggled with ammo shortage for a long time afterwards. It's a pretty "logical" thing to do after the first encounter, but if you knew that the game had changed the rules you'd save the ammo.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

dscruffy1 posted:

Also if you want to see someone play this not stupid and blind

You what? I love this LP! It's so much more awesome than having you know exactly what's coming next.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For what it's worth I am still enjoying this lp a lot. v:v:v

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

I'm always excited to see an update to this LP. I love your reactions, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Yeah, ya know blind LP's can work out super well if the person playing is learning and not over reacting to the game. I think too often people feel the want to ram their face into failures over and over again, or ham up reactions, and I applaud you for doing neither of those things.

I also appreciate that you're enjoying the game as I think this game got some undue hate towards it.

• Locked thread