Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

On this day, Thomas Jefferson crossed the Potomac to kick King George out of America, and the rest is history. Hence, I thought it would be fitting to give thanks for our favorite American things. Here are a few of mine:

1) Cold Activated Coors Light Cans:

No longer do you have to guess if your beer is cold enough, the good folks at Coors have figured out a way for "the rest of us" to know if our beer is ready! God bless these folks

2) The Whopper

America, land of the brave, home of the Whopper LOL. Haha just kidding, but I love the flame-broiled taste. For the homos here on SA, you can eat at Burger King knowing that they support you (see image, attached)

3) Something Awful, LLC

The internet makes you stupid, indeed! Ha ha ha. No but really folks, I am real glad that Richard Kyanka made this great website like 20 years ago. I enjoy posting here, and these forums--as well as the posters contained within it--have given me countless laughs over the years.

So, which American things are the goonmunity thankful for? Please share itt :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Hmm I would prefer it if this thread was reserved for pro-American sentiment, but if it'll make people feel better to complain about America itt, knock yourself out..... America is tough, we can handle it ;)

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Demora posted:

Hotdog pizza crust and hotdogs and chips on a burger.

Yes! Thank you for contributing

Shirley Crabtree posted:

no really what do you guys do best?

"wah wah I am unable to identify hyperbole" stop being such a sperg plz

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

spud posted:

It's so cheap to visit:

Gas is dirt cheap

Food is dirt cheap

Accommodation is dirt cheap

The only expensive thing is EU taxes on flights, but after that it's party central and you guys work like dogs, literally. I have been 3 times it is awesome!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

e: Happy 4th of July!

ee: And also all the good looking people left around 100 years ago.

Thank you sir, I wish you good fortune and eternal happiness

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Benny Harvey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QemYNQfix-c

Happy 4th of July. Go celebrate the Royalists who fought so they wouldn't have to pay such high taxes on their slave profits.

Thank you sir, I wish you a good day as well :)

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

karma_coma posted:

We own everything on earth and can make fun of every other country because the rest of countries suck loving poo poo. most interesting place on earth is the USA.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Zippy the Bummer posted:

ok guys lets figure out the imperial status of the other non-american countries, i want to update the map

britain and the commonweatlth countries are clearly provinces, is russia an uppity client kingdom or a fiefdom

Wtf is this geopolitical crap

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

EorayMel posted:

I shot my first handguns(.22 Ruger and .40 Glock with a bullseye from that) on my country's birthday today and celebrated with beer and a lot of cussing and slow-smoked wood fire food from my hillbilly neighbor that wanted to borrow my plunger once and also donned a USA bandana temporarily when trying to shoot a machine pistol but sadly was talked out of it because he had about 12 beers coursing in his veins.

I am grateful with this 4th of July and my country as a whole now :911:

Yes! I love it, thanks for sharing

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Angela Christine posted:

I am thankful that America exists and makes lots of movies and tv shows in my language, I guess.

Good things to be thankful for! Thanks for posting :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

a starwar betamax posted:

1) Jon Hendren "@Fart" :salute:

You may not know this.... but all american SUPERSTAP twitter personality and all-around cool-rear end dude Jon Hendren (even better....... he is a goon. been a while since he posted tho) puled a SICK PRANK on that guy who sang the songs in Shrek a while back. Turns out the truth truly is stranger than fiction on this one folks.... he forced this guy to eat...yes, EAT... over a dozen eggs. in pulbic. HOLY EGGS BATMAN. im sure the smash mouth guy was glad of ANY publicity tho since he's really faded from the national consciencness and probably counting his pennys right about now..... N E way, read the whole story here: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/i-made-the-smash-mouth-guy-eat-a-poo poo-ton-of-eggs

haha im really [b]cracking[/b[ up here thinking about this egg stravaganze!

FINALLY someone follows the format of my OP

Thank you & god bless

• Locked thread