Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
IF YOU DON'T LOAN ME 100 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW WITH NO CONDITIONS ATTACHED I WILL NOT GIVE YOU BACK THE 10 DOLLARS I ALREADY OWE YOU!

WHAT, YOU WON'T GIVE ME MORE MONEY? YOU ARE SPREADING TERROR, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED WHEN SOMEONE SPREADS TERROR? TERRORISM!

Source: Varoufakis, somehow in actual fact the greek minister of finances, ugly motherfucker for sure, and clueless beyoned belief almost certainly

Tomorrow they vote, who's ready to roast marshmallows over the smoldering remains of a nation who thinks the rest of the world should shove money up their arse because they invented (sic) democracy some time agao?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Aralan posted:

Please don't write in all caps it's very bad netiquette

I was quoting, not writing, so it is alright.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Thread title should be "GREXIT, yes please." Any Eurogoons disagree? Not greek ones obviously, you'd best find your coats and hats cause you fuckers are out.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

etalian posted:

kick southern states out of EU

That's harsh, Italy and Spain have been working hard and have improved a lot, afaik.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

City of Tampa posted:

"YOU DON'T HAVE THE TEN DOLLARS THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY ME, AND YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PUNCH YOUR GRANDMOTHER IN THE FACE TO GET IT? gently caress YOU, I WILL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN INCLUDING MY OWN HOUSE INSTEAD OF WORKING OUT A NEW PLAN. "

Angela Merkel, the president of the country that invented nazis

Trap sprung. You know the austerity measures that are "strangling" Greece, Italy and Spain were facing the same scenario but they actually did the stuff, they didn't just pretend to and go back toi business as usual. Also Austria invented nazis you Tsapirasucker.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Greeks will literally blame Germany for their children starving because they couldn't be arsed to pay taxes or show up to work which is somehow directly Angela Merkels fault.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Citizens of greece: please vote OXI on the measures that aren't even on the table anymore due to the absolutely ridiculous behaviour of your clown president or whatever you call him. I am sure flinging feces in the collective faces of all those that have kept your failed state afloat for the past five years will "strengthen your position" for "further negotiations."

Yes the referendum is about an offer that is not even valid anymore. Bask in the glory of this stupidity.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

You're wrong. They've hardly improved at all and in fact their long term prospects are poorer now than if they had told the austerity-fairy morons to go gently caress themselves.

Fact or fiction?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
The greek minister of finances made an official statement saying nobody told them they wouldn't be able to pay off the loans they asked for, so they shouldn't have to pay anything cause they didn't know.

Fukken lol, it's supposed to be a nation we're talking about here

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

This is a fascinating instance in which somehow the majority of Europeans are actually stupider and more self destructive than even Americans.

All non American economists agree that the fallout of GREXIT would be "insignificant, at worst" so I dunno what you're on about.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Pulp Can Move posted:

Well, we've introduced our new common currency, the lynchpin of our European integration effort. How do we make sure that this thing stays strong? Oh, I know, let's let in this country that isn't even in Europe and has no exports, and also where everyone retires with full benefits at age 30.

This guy gets it.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

It's actual fact, fucker. Why don't you look up the employment rates in those countries if you don't believe me.

Ah, that is an intelligent argument and so very relevant aswell. I never thought of that. Feel free to post sources for your actual facts for this fucker to peruse at his leisure.

Lots of greeks posting up in this thread.

Can't wait if the people in charge of the EU are wise to the sunk cost fallacy.

We'll know tomorrow.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

If it's insignificant then why would you even care.

Because the greeks might vote NAI and that would get them a 27th chance, and being that I am a citizen of an actual useful country I don't want to foot the bill for that.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

Hey, you said Spain and Italy are doing great with austerity. They're not.

I said their situations have improved. You seem to disagree, but neither of us have provided any sources so we're both equally idiots, just one of us is right, and it could be either of us.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Lufiron posted:

euro is gonna take a hit if they leave, either you pay directly or you pay via lower spending power of the euro

either way you pay

There is difference between writing off your security deposit because your roomate is a slob, and agreeing to pay his rent indefinitely because you're scared the landlord will find out said roomate has been running a jenkem ring from his room given the fact that he won't even agree to stop doing that poo poo because he considers your demand terrorism.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

It's interesting to me that a lot of people, like you, don't seem to realize that one country's imports are another country's exports, and that one person's profit is another person's payment and so on.

What does Greece export and export, smart guy? I had a look at the numbers. The answer is, if you don't know, gently caress all.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Lufiron posted:

and that if the euro loses 10% of its value you just lost 10% of your wealth which is similar to just losing it outright

Lol if you think this is a possible scenario.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Lufiron posted:

this would work if you also demanded that he clean it up himself instead of hitting up his parents for money to hire someone to clean (ie tax corporations)

Well at least we all agree the EU will be better off without Greece, and Greece, well, who gives half a gently caress.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Well what really matters is that you guys don't get this thread gassed before tomorrow evening eurotime because there will be loads to discuss in a reasoned and well thought out fashion I'm sure.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Thankfully this is not some existential conundrum, the dice will fall and we'll see who was tantgibly right, and who was wrong, won't we?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

thekgb posted:

Mate, you're a clueless idiot with stupid opinions, afaik...

Goes to show you don't know very far!

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Looks like a 60% outcome for oxi, can't wait to see how this will strengthen clowntsirpas position. Also eagerly awaiting the agreement within 2 days he promised. Best start learning turkish if you have the misfortune of being greek.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

eric posted:

gently caress it let it all burn.

Agreed.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
This is decidedly a pro GREXIT thread, youre preaching to the choir, reasonable thoughtful dude above.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

etalian posted:

sovereign country sacrifice something to save a lesser one?

Fixed the emphasis for you.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Fargo Fukes posted:

Maybe it was designed this way so different sovereign countries would realise that they were all interconnected and that harm to one would be harm to all, then once enlightened they would engage in works of mutual benefit and public good? I mean, they at least seem to have realised the "interconnected" part, but so far they're reacting to it by furiously sawing off their own legs.

Kicking Greece out is not sawing of one's own legs, it's more akin to clipping ones nails in the grand scheme of things. This is generally viewed as a good thing to do fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Hopper posted:

The Greek tried to suggeat tehir own measure ro the Troika (or however you spell that):
- a one time special tax on all incomes upwards of 500k to draw capital from the rich instead of the poor.

Troika: hell no, also please cut every poor persons pensions by 40%

- how about drasticall reducing the defense budget?

Troika and Nato dudes HELL NO

The Greek people get no money while the greedy banks are bailed out.
They shouldave let the banks go bankrupt and paid the indicidual people' savings from the monetary aid. You are a rich rear end in a top hat and speculate and you can lose some change. That's why it is a risk.
But pensioners and average joes lose their livelyhood. Not cool.

Also there is no mechanism to kick a country out of the EU. Can't be done.
If they want they can drag us all down with them.

Finally we see the ugly face of capitalism.

Lol you think these evil capitalist can do whatever they want because they are greedy goblins who control the world but they can't kick Greece out because "there isn't a mechanism". loving lol.

• Locked thread