Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
OP please answer my question about other imperialist pigs of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ravenkult posted:

Please get shot post haste.

imo he should be sent to hague

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
What's the drug scene like in Novorossiya?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Syndic Thrass posted:

Because lol what a low effort troll you are for asking that. Stupid troll.

That's basically the answer we got

I dunno man, maybe stop sandwitching your questions between "baby murderer" and "kill yourself" and youll find a more responcive interview. Like, I dont agree with the whole Novorussya ukrainian proxy war, but I aint gonna toss away a golden opportunity to honey pot some sweet insight on the other side.

Sheeeeeit, he even mentions that the Ukranian message boards are more civil than this.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Seriously you have good first hand source, squandering it so can feel good for impotently shouting at someone is loving dumb

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
We have no reason to think this is actually a good firsthand source, and even if they were actually doing what they were saying, they've shown sufficient evidence of propaganda beliefs that we're not going to get anything useful from them. All we're doing is giving them a platform.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Alhazred posted:

Oh, indeed.

What is source of this?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ravenkult posted:

Seconded

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

ravenkult posted:

Don't be an rear end in a top hat. Either go shoot him or be civil.

Why would you be an rear end in a top hat to someone over the internet? It has no effect, on their life or yours, and only tells us that you are an idiot with nothing to say.

Discendo Vox posted:

All we're doing is giving them a platform.

I think that's fine. After all there is no reason to assume our propaganda is any more truthful than theirs.

Hogge Wild posted:

No wonder it's so easy for Putin to keep his power and popularity even when everything in Russia is so lovely, when all the Russians who haven't emigrated to the West are as big gullible idiots as the op.

Lol if you think russian expats are any less gullible. Go meet your local russians and start a conversation about the conflict. 50/50 on which side they take. Great way to start a bar fight.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Keldoclock posted:

I think that's fine. After all there is no reason to assume our propaganda is any more truthful than theirs.

I'm sorry, which US media entity is run by the state again?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lawnie posted:

I'm sorry, which US media entity is run by the state again?

Voice of America, which is actually a great news site if you want facts and truth. Nothing like RT or any of the dozen kremlin mouthpieces.

Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty too.

And again, VoA and RFE report actual truth and aren't a US propaganda outlet.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Propaganda can be created by non-state-owned media, too. See: Rupert Murdoch.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Paladinus posted:

See all US news stations

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Voice of America, which is actually a great news site if you want facts and truth. Nothing like RT or any of the dozen kremlin mouthpieces.

Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty too.

And again, VoA and RFE report actual truth and aren't a US propaganda outlet.

Wow, good to see that RFE outgrew its 1956 Hungarian antics. Way to go, US state run media!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

So Russian media are just as good / bad as any other media, even if Russia reports one thing and the rest of the world reports the opposite, in unison and regardless of borders, ownership, language...?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Do russians know that their government lied to them throughout the entire cold war?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is the dumbest derail

like, seriously, it's aggressively and tediously facile

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

steinrokkan posted:

So Russian media are just as good / bad as any other media, even if Russia reports one thing and the rest of the world reports the opposite, in unison and regardless of borders, ownership, language...?

It means the other media is bowing to Amerikkkan oil overlords and the fact Al Jazeera didn't report no progroms doesn't mean anything.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

Media in Russia and everywhere else are not two twins from the puzzle where one always tells the truth and the other always lies. Ukrainian events are not a single piece of news either.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

V. Illych L. posted:

this is the dumbest derail

like, seriously, it's aggressively and tediously facile
imo the "lol let's ask questions that just tell him he is a shithead" is more irritating, we've established firmly he doesn't give a poo poo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CrashCat posted:

imo the "lol let's ask questions that just tell him he is a shithead" is more irritating, we've established firmly he doesn't give a poo poo

Goons gonna goon. I guess it just feels good to go "lol how many babys have you killed" because learning about the other side is for PUSSY LIBERALS

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keldoclock posted:

Don't be an rear end in a top hat. Either go shoot him or be civil.

Why would you be an rear end in a top hat to someone over the internet? It has no effect, on their life or yours, and only tells us that you are an idiot with nothing to say.

It clearly has an effect; it got your dumbass all worked up. :eng101:

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Seriously OP which NATO supplied weapon would you want to die by? I personally think a stinger would be cool just for the nostalgia factor. Or would you prefer the classic incendiary rpg fired by a rival separatist warlords goon?

It is pretty interesting to see how UAV's are changing the face of this war. It's also interesting how they've pretty quickly advanced, sort of reminds me of aviation in WW1. Both sides have gone from basic commercial quadracopters to stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grk7mC3vS_I in a few months. Can you talk more about your work with UAV's?

ass struggle fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 29, 2015

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

sparatuvs posted:

Seriously OP which NATO supplied weapon would you want to die by? I personally think a stinger would be cool just for the nostalgia factor. Or would you prefer the classic incendiary rpg fired by a rival separatist warlords goon?

It is pretty interesting to see how UAV's are changing the face of this war. It's also interesting how they've pretty quickly advanced, sort of reminds me of aviation in WW1. Both sides have gone from basic commercial quadracopters to stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grk7mC3vS_I in a few months. Can you talk more about your work with UAV's?

Theres an interesting question here that you have a compulsion to add "kill you're self" to. I don't understand your thought process here. When you go to a restaurant do you go "I'd like a number 5 and I wish you were never born."? If you do, do you get surprised if they spit in your burger?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

KirbyKhan posted:

Theres an interesting question here that you have a compulsion to add "kill you're self" to. I don't understand your thought process here. When you go to a restaurant do you go "I'd like a number 5 and I wish you were never born."? If you do, do you get surprised if they spit in your burger?
At least that one was more inventive than the usual "how do you live with yourself for doing all these horrible things"

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009
OP, how long do you intend to remain in your current position? Are you going to stay "until its done" or do you intend to "rotate out" at some point? Are there provisions for home visits and as a volunteer force what is the resignation process like? Do you get paid well enough, have enough opportunities for advancement, etc, to consider this a career? If your situation deteriorates, does your group have a plan to remain cohesive, either transferring to the regular military or using drone expertise/equipment to start a private business? Whats the Russian drone scene like, any proposals for mass drone use like what Amazon is trying to do in the US, are there a large number of drone hobbyists, what are your restrictions on airspace use, etc? Thanks for your time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

HoratioRash posted:

Well, it aint a bloody ethnicity by their very own definition. Those people only claim their ancestry to play dressup with none of the obligation their ancestors had. I have cossack roots, pure ones at that. Am I a cossack? No, because I'm not guarding the loving borders!

Football hooliganism is a problem in all of europe.

Yanik's an idiot. He could have dispersed them so easily when it started... Raid off the instigators and force units. Instead, he tried to draw it out, refusing to escalate. The first violence started by maidan degenerates. Molotovs are not a tool of peace and friendship. Furthermore, Yanik's conveniently agreed to their terms, signing the eu association, withdrawing police, whole one day before the government was deposed. Guess him agreeing wasn't in their plans, huh.

Those are opinionated pieces with no basis in reality other than author's wishes and whatever party line they're drawing right now.

I do not feel we require greater cooperation with european countries anymore. Nor do I feel my country needs trust of european countries, especially that of the baltics.
Current opposition, unfortunately, never got further than "gently caress Putin, he's to blame for everything!". Their whole program is centered around having Putin's out. No real plans for anything else. And it was like that since he's got in power.

Provide more effort when trolling tia. Ukrainian government is illegal, their army is acting on illegal orders in a sovereign state.

Yeah, it's loving hilarious. I remember the original being posted for the first time on some forum as a joke- then someone sent it to multiple TV stations and 1st picked it up without even bothering to apply their brains. It all spun out from there.

feeling pretty good about my toxx right now

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Lady Morgaga posted:

What is source of this?

Those are Berkut riot police during Euromaidan in 2014. Same as this:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Those are Berkut riot police during Euromaidan in 2014. Same as this:

This is a sign f peace and friendship.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Can I wish for op AND most of the posters in this thread to die by a BM-21? Is that a valid option? Christ you all are worst posters than the guy actively fighting a proxy war for Putin. I didn't think it was possible.

To the OP: I'd like to hear what conditions you'd consider acceptable for a truce. Kinda like how North Korea and South Korea are technically still at war but don't fight. If you can't get independence will you accept anything else?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

He already said no truce is acceptable

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Can I wish for op AND most of the posters in this thread to die by a BM-21? Is that a valid option? Christ you all are worst posters than the guy actively fighting a proxy war for Putin. I didn't think it was possible.

To the OP: I'd like to hear what conditions you'd consider acceptable for a truce. Kinda like how North Korea and South Korea are technically still at war but don't fight. If you can't get independence will you accept anything else?

Yes, the posters in this thread are truly worse than someone who has voluntarily invaded another country and is directly and proudly contributing to the murder and horrible suffering of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people.

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

confused posted:

Yes, the posters in this thread are truly worse than someone who has voluntarily invaded another country and is directly and proudly contributing to the murder and horrible suffering of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people.

lol as if you haven't proudly contributed, both wittingly and unwittingly, to the suffering of untold millions (and maybe a few murders in there too)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Everybody itt has contributed to the chronic suffering of 192,619 people through their posting alone.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

steinrokkan posted:

Everybody itt has contributed to the chronic suffering of 192,619 people through their posting alone.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Keldoclock posted:

lol as if you haven't proudly contributed, both wittingly and unwittingly, to the suffering of untold millions (and maybe a few murders in there too)

Unless this is some metaphysical commentary on how all things are connected, no, I have not wittingly proudly contributed to the suffering or murder of anyone, barring a few former SOs and maybe my wife, much less millions. I guess I unwittingly contribute to the untold suffering of millions of cows due to my love on In-n-Out burger.

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot
You're American, right? Afganistan's orphans, paid for by your taxes. You might try to argue that to be complicit in suffering is not the same as participating it, but that's a weak argument; horatio could just as easily say he never shot anyone, just took photos and passed them on.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Keldoclock posted:

You're American, right? Afganistan's orphans, paid for by your taxes. You might try to argue that to be complicit in suffering is not the same as participating it, but that's a weak argument; horatio could just as easily say he never shot anyone, just took photos and passed them on.

How could I have been so blind! Paying taxes into a monumental system I have effectively no control over which does horrible things is totally the moral equivalent of picking up a gun and trying to kill as many people as possible. Thank you for enlightening me! I'm going to stop paying taxes right this moment and move to a desert island or maybe just get thrown in jail.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

confused posted:

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Not that your posting is terrible, but that you're genocidal. Stop posting.

RFC2324 posted:

He already said no truce is acceptable

I heard him say he was fighting for independence but I'm trying to see if he can tell me what goes into that. Like, at what point do you say "this is good enough" and lay down your guns? TBH I'm expecting ever moving goalposts on his part but eh what the hell I'll bite :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keldoclock posted:

Every person is committing an evil act by not taking their own life. The very act of continuing their existence is selfish, depriving the world of nutrients and air that could be used elsewhere. Be good, be dead.

• Locked thread