Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
OP, do you know who else attempted to annex a sovereign neighbor under the guise of re-uniting ethnic and linguistic minorities with their mother country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

James Madison?

Clever boy.

I'll admit to putting myself in check there.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

It's a bit different subjugating savages than it is an actual developed culture, I'd say.

You don't have a sense of humor and are also apparently an rear end in a top hat. Or maybe you aren't, and you just make bad jokes. American nationalism is still nationalism and it doesn't do anybody any good to whitewash our history.

Madison annexed territory that wasn't his to annex, yes. He also wrote the Bill of Rights.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
OP please answer my question about other imperialist pigs of history.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Keldoclock posted:

I think that's fine. After all there is no reason to assume our propaganda is any more truthful than theirs.

I'm sorry, which US media entity is run by the state again?

• Locked thread