Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Do you think current NATO deployments in Baltics and Poland threaten Russia? If so, then how? Why would NATO invade Russia?

Do you think that Maidan was made by CIA and not a national uprising against pro-Russian government?

If the Ukrainian military in the beginning of these "funtimes" was molded and formed by years of pro-Russian government, how can you blame them for the mistakes in the beginning of the conflict?

Similarly, why would the new government orchestrate a crisis if they're, you know, new? And most of the troubles could be simply blamed on the old government?

What's the legality of Little Green Men appearing in Crimea? What did they protect?

If Crimea was given to Ukraine illegally, is the continuing Russian presence in Kaliningrad, which was given to the USSR for 50 years tops, still legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

How does righteous war of liberation mesh with feeding PoWs their own unit insignias on camera or leading PoWs through the streets for the populace to spit on them, or artillery shooting-and-scooting from living hoods?

And if the cause is so righteous, then why the propaganda like this?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Kill Dozed posted:

If only we all had the courage to illegally occupy other countries, the world would be a better place.

There's hope: ISIS is fighting for a cause they believe in, too!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I still want to know how the Ukrainian government oppressed/hated Russians so much that the ousted president ran straight to Putin for help.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Wonder how many of the "real ukrainians" fighting for the separatists are there to restore the glory of USSR, and how many are just good ol' Russian fascists.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

After going through 20 LiveLeak pages on Ukraine pepered with stuff like THIS NEW RUSSIAN ARMORED VEHICLES SENDS A SHOCKWAVE TO NATO RATS I haven't found bombarding looting video, and I am now convinced that Ukrainians are the worst, and Russia can do no wrong.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Noctis Horrendae posted:

They must be really obscure. They don't even have a Wikipedia article!

Now replace that M with a K...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Keldoclock posted:

You have to understand that "doing things that make sense and benefit everyone" is just not a reality in Ukraine. Not now, not 3 years ago, not 10 years ago, not 20 years ago, not 50, not 100, not 1000.

Ukraine has always been a shithole filled with people who are only doing whats good for their own self interest and screwing over everyone else. Ukraine is a place where there is no secret ballot, even when there is voting, and nobody understand why that is bad. Ukraine is a place where dynasties openly lord over anything of value.Ukraine is a place where you can't do business with strangers, where you have to work through your extended family just to do what in the West are ordinary things. Ukraine is a pit of dogs trying to rip scraps of sausage out of each other's teeth. Everyone with competence, half a brain and a soul has left. All the other people still there either have only 2 of those 3 things, or are trying to leave right now.

Interesting way of spelling 'Russia' you have there.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I still want to hear how the pre-Maidan, pro-Russian government oppressed the local Russians so much that Russia needed to bail them out.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ah, yes, and I guess the snipers during maidan were planted by CIA to instigate the gay nazis for revolution. And invasion of Chechnya, twice, was totally legal.

Also, how nice, Russia doesn't need the trust of European countries, but will go at length about how threatened it feels by the anti-ballistic shield. I wonder if it's because nukes are the only thing it can realistically threaten NATO with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

So Russian media are just as good / bad as any other media, even if Russia reports one thing and the rest of the world reports the opposite, in unison and regardless of borders, ownership, language...?

It means the other media is bowing to Amerikkkan oil overlords and the fact Al Jazeera didn't report no progroms doesn't mean anything.

• Locked thread