Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

HoratioRash posted:

Cossack is not an ethnicity per se. Cossack was a designation for someone who guarded the borders of the empire. I have cossack roots, half of my team does. Do we call ourselves cossacks? No, because we're not guarding the borders. Those dressed up assholes who DO call themselves such are amoral, brainless twats who terrorize the local population, do not fight anyone armed, and instead prefer to steal poo poo from locals and terrorize the population. There is not a SINGLE cossack battalion that stood and fought their ground in defense, not a single one who went on the offensive , not a single one who'd mount the frontlines. They prefer to sit deep behind where nothing can hurt em, play dress-up with their uniforms and guns, jack cars from everyone they can. Most cossacks have been disarmed or destroyed for loving up too much, thankfully. Few remains and they're quiet for now.

Cossacks are an ethnicity recognized by the Russian government. Per se.

How do you feel about the racism exhibited at Russian football matches? Do you believe it to be endemic to Russian society?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

steinrokkan posted:

Is there a European nation that doesn't have problems with rampant racism presented through football pageantry?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/25/racism-row-russia-world-cup-draw

Now read through what I quoted and replace Cossacks with a different ethnic group. African Americans or Latinos.

• Locked thread