Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I guess if it's not happening to me, I'm just not that aware of it. I can certainly recall seeing people do odd things, but the thread title is "personal" experience, so to me, if I'm not somehow a part of it, it's not really on my radar for the purposes of this thread I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkdnn02
Jan 26, 2004

hellotoothpaste posted:

Okay, for the first time I'm going to type all of this out. Fourth of July weekend, 1995 was the weekend that 'You Oughta Know' by Alanis Morissette was released. I remember this, because I was enjoying myself on Cape Cod with a bunch of family during the summer and I walked into my aunt's cottage when the music video was being played for the first time on the MTVs. We had a great celebratory barbeque, and when it came time to leave with my parents I resisted until they couldn't care anymore and I was allowed to crash for the night.

Fast forward to later that night, my aunts and uncles are having a good old time and I'm watching TV on the couch. They're boisterous, they're loud and drunk and I'm used to it. However, 11pm rolls around and they slowly become quiet. They're playing cards, but they're not being as ridiculous as I expect them to be and about 30 minutes later, my uncle comes up to me and asks if I can watch my cousin. "We need to go to the beach," he says... I am watching Night Court and I clearly don't give a poo poo, it's 11:30pm and sure I'll act like an adult while I'm 11 years old and you abscond to the beach. Mind you, my uncle is usually boisterous and out of control during a drinking party, but he seems to be unusually calm and so are the other aunts/uncles that stop playing cards abruptly. They file out the door, and I think nothing of it at all as I continue to watch Night Court. Night Court is so funny when you're 11 years old.

I watch 3-4 more episodes of whatever is on WLVI-56, bringing us to about 1am. I was used to my family being ridiculous during these vacation outings, but started wondering why they were taking so long when all of the sudden I hear a guttural scream that sounds like it's just up the road. I hear more voices trying to calm the person down, followed by more screams that are fitting for someone being stabbed. I'm scared, I'm listening harder while I'm closing the windows, when I realize it's my aunt that's screaming.

"AHHHHHHHHHH",
"WHAT WAS IT",
"AHHHHHHH", etc.

It's getting louder, and when it becomes apparent that the screams are coming into the driveway I stand up and walk toward the kitchen. My uncle bursts in with his sister in his arms, in a fireman's carry.

"AHHHH! It was so big! I.. it was so big!"

My aunt's husband brings her into one of the bedrooms and shuts the door while she continues to scream. My other uncle, her brother, father of the cousin I was watching stomps toward me with crazy eyes and I'm all "Hey, what is wrong with aunt so-and-so?"

"We saw a UFO, do you want to go look for it?"
"Yes."

I'm loving 11 years old, but I also watched Unsolved Mysteries and Sightings a whole bunch so this was cool. We walked down to the beach, and my uncle explained that he was with his wife walking down the beach away from my other aunt/uncle when he heard my aunt scream bloody murder. He turned around, and saw a giant disc sitting 50 feet above the beach and firing a solid beam of red light toward my aunt and uncle on the beach. When we arrived, he showed me a bunch of serious rear end footprints as if he was running full speed to them, and when I asked what happened when he got there, he just stared at me like I was a maniac. Again, I'm 11 years old and this is super hosed up.

Anyway, fast forward again to my high school graduation party, I had explained this weirdo situation to a friend of mine and both of the uncles involved were at my party. I thought it was a good time to bring it up, but when I did ("Hey, you guys remember the cottage on Cape Cod in 1995? What happened when you went to the beach together?"), the only response I got was them looking at each other briefly, followed by "uh, nothing really" and me looking like a complete turd to the friend I got amped up about a potential UFO story. What a bonerkill.

Fast forward some more, my aunt that was screaming bloody murder about WHAT WAS THAT was having her son's graduation party, at this point I am a drunk and happen to be drunk. I'm talking to her daughters about something related to ghosts, when my aunt comes outside and overhears our discussion. Mind you, I've never talked to her about the fact that she came rip-roaring into the cottage back when I was 11 screaming about a disc and how big it was and what not. She hears us, and her response is "Ghosts? You want to hear about something scary? I've seen a UFO before."

We've never talked about it, but here it is. I respond: "I was there, I was there when you got back home. Do you remember what you saw?" She realizes that I still remember, and starts to describe it.

"Your uncle and I were on the beach, and he pointed at something red that we thought was a satellite. I noticed it moving back and forth and said that, and before he could respond it was right on top of us. It shot a red beam of light at us and your uncle yelled for Chris (other uncle)."

"Uhh, okay.. and then what?"

"All I remember is your uncle Chris running into the water, yelling for something to take him with them. Nothing after that, until I woke up the next morning when your mom and dad came to get you."

There is a lot of poo poo online about weirdo discs and red beams and yada yada online, and when I read about it I remember how calm my aunts/uncles were about how they "needed to go to the beach" at 11pm, and how they came back flipping the gently caress out 2 hours later.

gently caress night court, gently caress alanis morrisette, gently caress July 4th weekend 1995 and gently caress all of these silly coincedence posts.

Your parents were doing acid. Lol

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Chili posted:

I guess if it's not happening to me, I'm just not that aware of it. I can certainly recall seeing people do odd things, but the thread title is "personal" experience, so to me, if I'm not somehow a part of it, it's not really on my radar for the purposes of this thread I guess.

I don't know why so many people are :viggo: about your story. At least on public transit you're for the most part in public. Random SUV guy could have just pulled you into his SUV and goodbye Chili. I would have personally poo poo my pants.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Goobish posted:

I don't know why so many people are :viggo: about your story. At least on public transit you're for the most part in public. Random SUV guy could have just pulled you into his SUV and goodbye Chili. I would have personally poo poo my pants.

That story was suitably weird but more scary. The part I am :viggo: about is him saying he has been out past 3am more than most people and that is the weirdest thing...come on. Multiple people naked, portable rave and a dude with a guitar case full of snakes are just a few of the weird things I saw on PT the one time I have been to NYC.

goodness fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 29, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goodness posted:

That story was suitably weird but more scary. The part I am :viggo: about is him saying he has been out past 3am more than most people and that is the weirdest thing...come on. Multiple people naked, portable rave and a dude with a guitar case full of snakes are just a few of the weird things I saw on PT the one time I have been to NYC.

dunno why you are pressing this point, the combination of a guy contemplating the entirety of his life from within a dark SUV pulling up to you while alone in the middle of the night, making you contemplate the entirety of yours in an instant, only to be satisfied with your non-answer and drives off....that's pretty surreal. a thousand naked idiots spinning around to techno music still doesn't quite equal the impart of that. that's big question stuff. I guess that doesn't phase some people for some reason. people who think they have answers??

If it happened to me (and seemed scary), I would be thinking about it for a while too. the general middle of night city madness? not so much and I've seen a lot of that myself as well.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I guess we're just not so blown away by guys coming up all "what is the meaning of life" or "what if your green is different from my green" or "have you ever really looked at your hand"

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Anne Whateley posted:

I guess we're just not so blown away by guys coming up all "what is the meaning of life" or "what if your green is different from my green" or "have you ever really looked at your hand"

the key part of the story, though, is where he thought he was going to get shot in the face, and got Da Big Questions instead

Anyway not that one should be phased by that guy and go "yeaaaa...what IF god doesn't open doors..!", but more like, have a sense of empathy for the guy for going around like that at 3am asking random people that question. being scared at first is probably a reasonable response, but if you aren't shaken after that due to the guy sincerely asking a question like that to a stranger in a way like that that he had to know was weird, but didn't care because asking and wondering was so important at that moment. it's funny that some people aren't getting this and that's the disconnect I have with people on the forums and elsewhere, but this is the only place I can ever talk about things like this anyhow. but yea, come on, this doesn't really fit into the "weird poo poo at 3am" category, this was realer than that. just saying. the guy really wanted to know what he thought.

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 29, 2015

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

goodness posted:

That's not weird, that's crazy.

Weird is something that eeps into your psyche and chills you a bit, maybe sticks with you, freaks you out.

I could absolutely have written a story about how I saw a homeless guy try to fist the rear end of a horse who was carrying a mounted cop... but that to me is more ridiculous/hilarious/crazy than it is weird.

And yeah, I've seen naked people stumbling out of clubs, I just last weekend saw two people loving in a parking lot when my fiancee and I were heading home from a concert in Baltimore...

Those things aren't weird.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
ITT we discuss the definition of the word "weird".

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Noctis Horrendae posted:

gently caress, it's actually really interesting to me. Though I didn't intend to derail the thread.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Noctis Horrendae posted:

better than the quasi-almost--ghost stories we had before this.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Chili posted:

gently caress, it's actually really interesting to me. Though I didn't intend to derail the thread.

Semantics isn't interesting. Obviously someone fisting a horse is 'weird' by any normal definition. By your private definition of weird, which sounds more like 'spooky' or 'unnerving' to most people, it isn't. I do think, however, that what happened to you is weird, but I also agree you can get into experiences just as weird on an average NYC night. The other evening, while coming back from Queens at four in the morning, there were three young girls in quinceañera dresses carrying musical instrument cases walking down the sidewalk. I asked them if they were okay and they swore at me in Spanish so I guess they were.

My weirdest personal experience is getting pushed off the roof of a two story building into a narrow alley, hitting the wall of the building opposite, and dropping down into the trash in the alley, only to find after a few stunned seconds that I was pretty much totally unhurt.

And yeah the 'ooh spooky' ghost stories are boring, especially when the obvious answer is "You were half-asleep/dreaming'.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Obdicut posted:

And yeah the 'ooh spooky' ghost stories are boring, especially when the obvious answer is "You were half-asleep/dreaming'.

So, does that suddenly make it "not weird" if it's possible it was a dream? Can dreams not be weird and affect us long after we've woken up? They still count as personal experiences.

The only story I think is bad is "We murdered an opossum."

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Nessa posted:

So, does that suddenly make it "not weird" if it's possible it was a dream? Can dreams not be weird and affect us long after we've woken up? They still count as personal experiences.

Yeah, it's not weird to have dreams that are weird. It happens all the time.

If this was 'tell me about your weirdest dream' then that'd be appropriate. But strange dreams are commonplace, and, to me, boring. Other people seem pretty entertained by "I thought I saw a ghost" though, so I'm in the minority.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Tautologicus posted:

dunno why you are pressing this point, the combination of a guy contemplating the entirety of his life from within a dark SUV pulling up to you while alone in the middle of the night, making you contemplate the entirety of yours in an instant, only to be satisfied with your non-answer and drives off....that's pretty surreal. a thousand naked idiots spinning around to techno music still doesn't quite equal the impart of that. that's big question stuff. I guess that doesn't phase some people for some reason. people who think they have answers??

If it happened to me (and seemed scary), I would be thinking about it for a while too. the general middle of night city madness? not so much and I've seen a lot of that myself as well.

A portable rave inside a train, not a typical rave. All my examples were things I saw on the subway in one weekend.

I like your point about empathy for the person.

Chili posted:

That's not weird, that's crazy.

Weird is something that eeps into your psyche and chills you a bit, maybe sticks with you, freaks you out.

I could absolutely have written a story about how I saw a homeless guy try to fist the rear end of a horse who was carrying a mounted cop... but that to me is more ridiculous/hilarious/crazy than it is weird.

And yeah, I've seen naked people stumbling out of clubs, I just last weekend saw two people loving in a parking lot when my fiancee and I were heading home from a concert in Baltimore...

Those things aren't weird.

We have a very different definition of weird things. Unnerving, scary, creepy are what come to mind when thinking of something that eeps into my psyche or freaks me out.

Being weird is just wacky, not normal things happening. "I don't know how many years I have left on this Earth. Meanwhile I'm going to get real weird with it"

goodness fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 29, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goodness posted:

A portable rave inside a train, not a typical rave. All my examples were things I saw on the subway in one weekend.

Big man lives in the big city.. man you really think you have a special point here don't you. Who gives a poo poo about a rave, white people do dumb stuff for attention all the time. They also ride the subway without pants one day out of the year and that's seen as wacky and cool. I'm white too sure but I don't ever want to be seen with my kind.

Anyway im talking about the difference between the desperate lengths people go to entertain each other and themselves and some dude alone contemplating his life reaching out to a stranger, in a strange situation. One is interesting to me and is rare, and one ive seen a thousand times in my life and by now i view with near disdain. Guess which is which

In fact ive never really seen that, so to read about it is really something.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Big man lives in the big city.. man you really think you have a special point here don't you. Who gives a poo poo about a rave, white people do dumb stuff for attention all the time. They also ride the subway without pants one day out of the year and that's seen as wacky and cool. I'm white too sure but I don't ever want to be seen with my kind.

Anyway im talking about the difference between the desperate lengths people go to entertain each other and themselves and some dude alone contemplating his life reaching out to a stranger, in a strange situation. One is interesting to me and is rare, and one ive seen a thousand times in my life and by now i view with near disdain. Guess which is which

In fact ive never really seen that, so to read about it is really something.

I'm not from a big city but if you live somewhere that seeing a subway car that has been unofficially blacked out, lasers and fog and music and a dj playing inside, all while attached to a regular train then I want to visit. Sounds like a weird city. Not talking about some everyday kind of concert , just a random popup thing. Get weird with some people and they will reach out to you with contemplations as well.

Also "white people"? Lol

goodness fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 29, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goodness posted:

I'm not from a big city but if you live somewhere that seeing a subway car that has been unofficially blacked out, lasers and fog and music and a dj playing inside, all while attached to a regular train then I want to visit. Sounds like a weird city. Not talking about some everyday kind of concert , just a random popup thing. Get weird with some people and they will reach out to you with contemplations as well.

Live in NYC for a year and make your dreams come true.

People are incapable of levelling with each other in crowds, that's what I have to say to that. That's why they're in the crowd, to be part of the crowd. Parties and the like are not the place to hear contemplations. Emotional outpourings and outbursts don't qualify.

It should have been clear like 3 posts ago that i understood what you meant and still disagreed. I spent a lot of my 20s in or at least near party environments, nothing honest/sincere happens in them. A bunch of people bsing each other in new and exciting ways.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yes white people. The bane of existence

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

jesus christ no one cares

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Live in NYC for a year and make your dreams come true.

People are incapable of levelling with each other in crowds, that's what I have to say to that. That's why they're in the crowd, to be part of the crowd. Parties and the like are not the place to hear contemplations. Emotional outpourings and outbursts don't qualify.

It should have been clear like 3 posts ago that i understood what you meant and still disagreed. I spent a lot of my 20s in or at least near party environments, nothing honest/sincere happens in them. A bunch of people bsing each other in new and exciting ways.

I prefer smaller, "family" gatherings to parties or large crowds. I get assuming that I am talking about just partying all the time and thinking those people actually care, but that's about the farthest from it.

Whole point was that seeing a guerrilla rave on a subway train at 2am is weird.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

jesus christ no one cares

I think you care at least a little.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goodness posted:

I prefer smaller, "family" gatherings to parties or large crowds. I get assuming that I am talking about just partying all the time and thinking those people actually care, but that's about the farthest from it.

Whole point was that seeing a guerrilla rave on a subway train at 2am is weird.

Well im still impressed by the guy in the suv in the parking lot and youre not and thats the line in the sand right now for me.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Well im still impressed by the guy in the suv in the parking lot and youre not and thats the line in the sand right now for me.

I didn't say I'm not impressed, it's just not weird and more a scary/sincere moment.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

For the love of god please take it to skype or PMs or something.

One night I was taking out the last bit of trash, as pick up was in the morning. I think it was about 1 or 2 am? I dump the poo poo into the garbage can, turn around and hear some weird rustling in the bushes separating one house lot from the next. Being that I'm just in jammies, I dont have much of a weapon to fight off potential bushhoboes.

I start walking as quietly and quickly as I can back inside, when I see in the orange streetlamp lights two large dark lumps fall out of the bushes. I freeze for some reason, and watch as it righted itself, standing on two stubby legs. Theyre only about two feet high and have reflective cat eyes, but theyre too big and fat to be ferals, One looks at me and starts chittering, in a high pitched voicewalking towards me a little, which is enough to break me out of ogling them. I make a break for the house and peek through the door window, only to find them gone.

Maybe I did encounter bushhoboes that night. :iiam:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goodness posted:

I didn't say I'm not impressed, it's just not weird and more a scary/sincere moment.

Oh, ok. I take weird as a catchall word for anything outside of normal experience, peoples vocabulary is so limited these days we resort to a few words to describe a whole range of things we're not prepared for and that's one of those words, so that's how i read the thread.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
This derail sucks. Post more weird. Both the Insane SUV guy and a 2AM train rave (I assume with glowsticks, a DJ and smoke machines. Anything less is just an rear end in a top hat with a boombox.) are plenty weird.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Wedemeyer posted:

For the love of god please take it to skype or PMs or something.

One night I was taking out the last bit of trash, as pick up was in the morning. I think it was about 1 or 2 am? I dump the poo poo into the garbage can, turn around and hear some weird rustling in the bushes separating one house lot from the next. Being that I'm just in jammies, I dont have much of a weapon to fight off potential bushhoboes.

I start walking as quietly and quickly as I can back inside, when I see in the orange streetlamp lights two large dark lumps fall out of the bushes. I freeze for some reason, and watch as it righted itself, standing on two stubby legs. Theyre only about two feet high and have reflective cat eyes, but theyre too big and fat to be ferals, One looks at me and starts chittering, in a high pitched voicewalking towards me a little, which is enough to break me out of ogling them. I make a break for the house and peek through the door window, only to find them gone.

Maybe I did encounter bushhoboes that night. :iiam:

Sounds like Raccoons. Raccoons are awesome. Mischievous little bastards.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Raccoons are hilarious. I love watching them squeeze their fat butts into storm drains. :3

Weird thing: my husband and I lived 5 blocks away from each other for 3 years before we met. It took the internet. But that's not terribly weird, since I'm a fuckin shut in nerd.

My mother and father spent their summers in the same town (neither of them was from there) as children and never met until they were adults.

That's all I got.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Talmonis posted:

Sounds like Raccoons. Raccoons are awesome. Mischievous little bastards.

Oh my gosh, seriously? I though raccoons were only quadrupeds, not bipedal? I swear this thing had no problems walking. Well, at least this solves the case of the haunted bush.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Wedemeyer posted:

Oh my gosh, seriously? I though raccoons were only quadrupeds, not bipedal? I swear this thing had no problems walking. Well, at least this solves the case of the haunted bush.

Racoons walk however the gently caress they want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLdvHo3EWM

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Wedemeyer posted:

I see in the orange streetlamp lights two large dark lumps fall out of the bushes.

Also I promise you there were at least three or four more of them that you didn't notice. Watching. Planning.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
who the gently caress cares about God's doors, does the big man have stairs in his house?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

someone puked on me yesterday

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
When I was around 10 years old I was having lunch with my mom and sister at a sandwich place we often ate at. You had to go outside to get to the bathrooms, and two people were coming in as I was on my way out to pee. It was a girl around my age with her mom. They were both pleasantly surprised to see me, and addressed me by name, asking how I'd been, etc. etc. I had absolutely no idea who either of these people were, and being the awkward child I was I just tried to be polite and exchange the usual pleasantries. When I came back from the bathroom they were gone (the restaurant was very small, maybe ten tables in an open floorplan). My mom knows absolutely everybody, so I was a surprised when she asked me who those people had been--I'd been hoping she could tell me. I never saw either of them again, and I still have no idea who they were.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

stubblyhead posted:

When I was around 10 years old I was having lunch with my mom and sister at a sandwich place we often ate at. You had to go outside to get to the bathrooms, and two people were coming in as I was on my way out to pee. It was a girl around my age with her mom. They were both pleasantly surprised to see me, and addressed me by name, asking how I'd been, etc. etc. I had absolutely no idea who either of these people were, and being the awkward child I was I just tried to be polite and exchange the usual pleasantries. When I came back from the bathroom they were gone (the restaurant was very small, maybe ten tables in an open floorplan). My mom knows absolutely everybody, so I was a surprised when she asked me who those people had been--I'd been hoping she could tell me. I never saw either of them again, and I still have no idea who they were.

I would guess it was a girl who was in one of your classes at school and maybe moved away or something, and she'd said: "Hey mom, that's stubblyhead, we were in Mr. Lowtax's class together back when..."

Something similar happened to me in college where a girl knew my name and said she'd gone to my (tiny) high school. I had no idea who she was, couldn't find her in my yearbook, etc. She must have just been there for a year or something and remembered me. Which is weird, because I was awful shy and there's no way I talked to her or anything, but... V:shobon:V

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm not sure if they're the weirdest but 2 from my acid dropping days stand out.

Tripping balls in SanFrancisco, we walked from the Haight all the beach and were sitting in sand. From a nearby dune, this old guy stood up and "squawked" at us like a bird. He looked like Chevy Chase roller skating weirdo costume from Fletch or the old, grizzled guy from the intro to Monty Python's Flying Circus. Freaked us right but he kept on doing it. Weird enough if you're not on acid. We tried to ignore him and not allow poo poo to get too weird but the guy would not stop squawking, so finally I just stood up and squawked back at him a few times.

He sat right back down in the sand dune and that seemed to settle the matter. No idea what might have communicated to him

Another time, this time it was mushrooms and was in Florida. Three of us were sitting around bullshitting about one thing or the other, peaking, and we started riffing on the Elvis' grave scene from This Is Spinal Tap and doing off key renditions of "Heartbreak Hotel" with our best Harry Shearer, Chris Guest and David McKean impressions. Seconds later, the phone starts ringing and, none of us being in in any sort of condition or brave enough to attempt communicating with the outside world, we let the machine get it.

My buddy from Philly who I hadn't heard from in months leaves a message. "Well since my baby l-eft mee...left m-eeee...well I Found a new place to Dwell..." and so forth, riffing straight from the movie. Again, weird enough when you're not tripping but having reality fold back over on itself and come out the other side like that can be quite strange when you're peaking on shrooms. It all just came out of nowhere as the mother of all obscure coincidences.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I need to get new glasses, so sometimes my long distance vision is really off. I was walking around somewhere, I don't really remember where but as I was walking someone, who's face in the distance looked like a skull was walking my way. I was getting really freaked out as he came closer and I couldn't shake the look of the skull. My heart was almost leaping out of my chest and I really wanted to run, but was afraid of offending someone with an actual deformity, but I just could not bring myself to move forward so I turned and busied myself doing something, I think I pretended to be on my phone or something.

Then as he got closer, I noticed it was a black guy with that michael jackson disease (alopecia i think?) Perfectly in the shape of a skull. Scary poo poo to me but I couldnt help but feel bad for the dude, looking metal as hell all the time.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Jimson posted:

I need to get new glasses, so sometimes my long distance vision is really off. I was walking around somewhere, I don't really remember where but as I was walking someone, who's face in the distance looked like a skull was walking my way. I was getting really freaked out as he came closer and I couldn't shake the look of the skull. My heart was almost leaping out of my chest and I really wanted to run, but was afraid of offending someone with an actual deformity, but I just could not bring myself to move forward so I turned and busied myself doing something, I think I pretended to be on my phone or something.

Then as he got closer, I noticed it was a black guy with that michael jackson disease (alopecia i think?) Perfectly in the shape of a skull. Scary poo poo to me but I couldnt help but feel bad for the dude, looking metal as hell all the time.

Vitiligo, not alopecia. Alopecia is hair loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Tibor posted:

Vitiligo, not alopecia. Alopecia is hair loss.

All the times I've told this story and no ones corrected me. Oh god...

• Locked thread