Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
probably the one that was trying to be scream. not even lance hendrickson could save it. the third one was also really bad, mostly due to Edward CDplayerhead, but at least it didn't have a wacky haunted mansion game that turned out to not really be a game at all!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kinda wanna see the Cenobite that shoots mp3s from its butthole now

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Jesus wept

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
i remember reading books of blood during a power outage and making my way through the stories thinking there is something kind of gay going on here

then i got to a story where some dudes in europe pulled over and started rolling around in a field making out and then i knew

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Made it halfway through the first movie and lost interest.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Ramsus posted:

i remember reading books of blood during a power outage and making my way through the stories thinking there is something kind of gay going on here

then i got to a story where some dudes in europe pulled over and started rolling around in a field making out and then i knew

i remember someone reading this to me and feeling all strange

i wonder what coach is up to now

-the one in space with mark hammill

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Hellraiser:Bloodline is the worst one

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Flynn Taggart posted:

Made it halfway through the first movie and lost interest.

Yeah the middle of the first movie drags a bit but it's worth sticking it out for some primo 80s practical gore.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
it's really hard to pick, outside of 1 and maybe 2 they're all different flavours of terrible

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
All of them

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

We have such sights to show you

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Million Ghosts posted:

it's really hard to pick, outside of 1 and maybe 2 they're all different flavours of terrible

I liked the one with Liz lemon's boyfriend even though it was barely a hellraiser movie and he never called anyone "dummy". Pretty sure that was one of the ones that was fully written before they jammed pinhead into it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The newest one.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Just post creepy gifs so we don't actually have to watch them

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I'd like to see Pinhead vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. Leatherface vs. Chucky

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I only saw 1 and 2 and 2 was already so garbage that I lost all interest in further viewings.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Flynn Taggart posted:

Just post creepy gifs so we don't actually have to watch them

Seems like a reasonable request; someone without a significant other or kids get on that plz

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

ProfessorMurder posted:

You forgot Michael Myers and Ash

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I liked the one with Liz lemon's boyfriend even though it was barely a hellraiser movie and he never called anyone "dummy". Pretty sure that was one of the ones that was fully written before they jammed pinhead into it.

Hellseeker? i guess that one was fine but there's no reason to watch a hellraiser sequel over literally anything else unless you hate yourself

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Flynn Taggart posted:

You forgot Michael Myers and Ash

Pinhead vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. Leatherface vs. Chucky vs. Michael Myers vs. Ash and his boomstick

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ProfessorMurder posted:

This, but get the Netherrealm guys to go around collecting more movie licenses and use the Mortal Kombat X engine to make the best fighting game of the 21st Century.

Just using 80s slashers/monsters alone you've got a potential roster of:

* Freddy
* Jason
* Pinhead
* Michael Myers (would be very hard as his elements were ripped off so thoroughly by Jason, but he's such an icon you can't leave him out)
* Leatherface
* Alien
* Predator
* Chucky
* Killer Klowns
* The Thing
* An American Werewolf in London
* Ash/Deadites
* Brundlefly
* Someone from either the Lost Boys or Fright Night, take your pick. A cool 80s vampire is what we're after here.
* Herbert West/the Re-Animated
* Gremlins/Billy Pelzer/Gizmo
* Kirsty Swanson from a Deadly Friend (evil robot)
* Pennywise (kind-of cheating because the TV miniseries was the 90s but **come on** it's Pennywise, and the book IT was 1986 so...)
* Pumpkinhead
* The ghost from Poltergeist?
* Isaac and the Children of the Corn

Tell me that wouldn't work like gangbusters.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

John Cenabite

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
the liscening fees on that would be fuckin' nuts. Also i think there was some poo poo indie fighting game that had the same concept

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

ProfessorMurder posted:

Pinhead vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. Leatherface vs. Chucky vs. Michael Myers vs. Ash and his boomstick

Now we're talking

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Flynn Taggart posted:

Now we're talking

That would be an amazing movie

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Million Ghosts posted:

Hellseeker? i guess that one was fine but there's no reason to watch a hellraiser sequel over literally anything else unless you hate yourself

Well yeah duh

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

ProfessorMurder posted:

That would be an amazing movie

Oh wait we forgot leprechaun

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Flynn Taggart posted:

Oh wait we forgot leprechaun

Pinhead vs. Freddy vs. Jason vs. Leatherface vs. Chucky vs. Michael Myers vs. Ash and his boomstick vs. Leprechaun

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The one with Mayhem.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Million Ghosts posted:

the liscening fees on that would be fuckin' nuts. Also i think there was some poo poo indie fighting game that had the same concept

Agreed, which is funny because most of those properties are sitting in the dust bin and couldn't possibly be worth the costs they'd desire. But hey Netherrealm already took the time to get licenses for Freddy, Jason, and Predator so what's a few more?

And there was some poo poo indie game with the concept, but it's a poo poo indie game. A concept as awesome as that deserves polish.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wasn't there one in space? That's probably the worst one

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the second one where the cenobites come from outer space to save the environment

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Bolow posted:

yea that was Hellraiser:Bloodline, one of the lovely Hellraisers

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bolow posted:

Is that the one with time travel? The last one I watched was the one where he just made some cenobites from random people and stuff they were holding so one guy was just mixing perpetually mixing cocktails. The best cenobite was the one that used to be a phone sexline operator and was played by the guy who voices the Earl of Lemongrab on adventure time.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Best Hellraiser. http://www.channel101.com/episode/430

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

For real though, it's the newest one, Revelations. It was basically an ashcan movie made only so the studio would keep the rights, was made in less than a month, and was so bad even Doug Bradley, who had played Pinhead in every single one before it, refused to come back because he thought it would hurt the good name of the franchise.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

If Doug Bradley isnt Pinhead, I'm out

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Today I learned that James Cameron wrote Rambo First Blood Part 2.

Anyway franchises are poo poo. The reason the first two Terminators are awesome is not because they're about future robot assassins; it's because James Cameron wrote and directed them. The reason the first two Alien movies are good isn't because they're about creepy aliens; it's because Ridley Scott and James Cameron did them. The reason the first two Hellraiser's are (according to people that like that kinda thing) good isn't because they're about creepy demons; it's because Clive Barker wrote them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Today I learned that James Cameron wrote Rambo First Blood Part 2.

Anyway franchises are poo poo. The reason the first two Terminators are awesome is not because they're about future robot assassins; it's because James Cameron wrote and directed them. The reason the first two Alien movies are good isn't because they're about creepy aliens; it's because Ridley Scott and James Cameron did them. The reason the first two Hellraiser's are (according to people that like that kinda thing) good isn't because they're about creepy demons; it's because Clive Barker wrote them.

Clive Barker is awesome and they should not do another Hellraiser unless he is involved

• Locked thread