Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Being a peacetime soldier sounds like it owns. Do nothing, suck the teet of the government, and enjoy free college. No risk of dying by Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
As a service member, this doesn't anger me, this saddens me. These are people going around feeling that the only way they can be "heroes" or worth attention is to wear a stupid loving uniform. I feel for these guys, I wish I could just hug these dudes and tell them they don't need to wear this dumb poo poo, they can be just as good (or better) than a dumb twat that enlisted for 4-6 years to milk benefits, fake PTSD and do nothing but be a burden.

Sometimes I worry this poo poo is going to escalate to a level of unnecessary violence and that bothers me. Though, I fear somewhere out there I'm sure it has.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gordito posted:

As a service member, this doesn't anger me, this saddens me. These are people going around feeling that the only way they can be "heroes" or worth attention is to wear a stupid loving uniform. I feel for these guys, I wish I could just hug these dudes and tell them they don't need to wear this dumb poo poo, they can be just as good (or better) than a dumb twat that enlisted for 4-6 years to milk benefits, fake PTSD and do nothing but be a burden.

Sometimes I worry this poo poo is going to escalate to a level of unnecessary violence and that bothers me. Though, I fear somewhere out there I'm sure it has.

you sound like a pussy. air force?

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

you sound like a pussy. air force?

You got me. Great deduction too, no chance anyone taking a minute out of searching could have seen me posting in the GIP AF threads.

Also, if not being a shitheel to people to get to make rad hate videos makes me a pussy, I can deal with that.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SaltLick posted:

Being a peacetime soldier sounds like it owns. Do nothing, suck the teet of the government, and enjoy free college. No risk of dying by Browns

So sometime last century?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I saw a vet screaming at a homeless dude because the dude was saying he served to get more money from people.

I don't know where I stand but I think the homeless guy should maybe get a pass? His life sucks pretty bad. Ok bye.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If I find some valor just laying around on the street, can I keep it if nobody else claims it?

I'm trying to become The Avatar and valor is pretty hard to raise without getting the police involved.

Ya but its like a wallet as long as you hand it into the police first if no one claims it then it's yours

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jubs posted:

What song did you play the most?

I did the DJ part mostly in 1999, so serious answer is probably "No Scrubs" by TLC.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Otisburg posted:

I did the DJ part mostly in 1999, so serious answer is probably "No Scrubs" by TLC.

Did you do a morning zoo show as well?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My grandfather (a retired USAF colonel) gave me his personalized service Zippo when he died.

When can I expect some lifelong E4 to come up to me and film me while ranting that I'm not serving in Alaska on a nuclear bomber?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Dely Apple posted:

My grandfather (a retired USAF colonel) gave me his personalized service Zippo when he died.

When can I expect some lifelong E4 to come up to me and film me while ranting that I'm not serving in Alaska on a nuclear bomber?

rright loving now douchebag

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I got 2 purple hearts suck my dick america

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dely Apple posted:

my grandpa's peacoat is the only thing i have to rememver him by, i wear it sometimes because its very warm and its nice to carry a piece of him with me
it doesnt have medals or insignia or anything but i guess if you were a real mega nerd you might be able to tell from the buttons or something

i'll meet you on youtube when someone calls me out for not sitting in front of a hydrophone in the south china sea

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The 25 and younger people on their phone using Instagram care very much for your service, thank you and God Bless.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jubs posted:

Did you do a morning zoo show as well?

I did the afternoon AC/Top40, and everyone had a weird format they did in the evenings college radio style. On Tuesdays I did The Noise Factory: Techno/industrial/goth/new wave stuff.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
here's some real stolen valor:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f28_1448234536

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Otisburg posted:

I did the afternoon AC/Top40, and everyone had a weird format they did in the evenings college radio style. On Tuesdays I did The Noise Factory: Techno/industrial/goth/new wave stuff.

Was there a big goth phase in the military?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Gordito posted:

You got me. Great deduction too, no chance anyone taking a minute out of searching could have seen me posting in the GIP AF threads.

Also, if not being a shitheel to people to get to make rad hate videos makes me a pussy, I can deal with that.

lol relax my man, i agree with everything you say

...as i am also a gigantic weeping vagina, spitting out sand from my maw every time i try to pronounce a hard consonant

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

lol relax my man, i agree with everything you say

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like an rear end in a top hat in that earlier post. I was trying to be more joking but I see failed to deliver with the tone; bad on my part.

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

...as i am also a gigantic weeping vagina, spitting out sand from my maw every time i try to pronounce a hard consonant

Please don't culturally appropriate Sarlaccs; k thx bye.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jubs posted:

Was there a big goth phase in the military?

i had one of those big black leather coats like you wear to protect from harsh weather in the Matrix

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
it's funny and ironic because there's no valor to steal in the american military lol

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

OMGVBFLOL posted:

my grandpa's peacoat is the only thing i have to rememver him by, i wear it sometimes because its very warm and its nice to carry a piece of him with me
it doesnt have medals or insignia or anything but i guess if you were a real mega nerd you might be able to tell from the buttons or something

i'll meet you on youtube when someone calls me out for not sitting in front of a hydrophone in the south china sea

I bought a navy peacoat at a thrift store because my roommate said his was great when he would be on deck in the North Atlantic. Which I figured was the same as a central New York winter.

I've had a couple navy guys ask me about it when I wore it, but they didn't give a poo poo because they weren't retarded children and laughed at my reasoning behind buying it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i bet marines are the biggest per-capita carehavers about "stolen valor," hanging their self-worth on the "former marine" identity as they do, even if they were tossed out on a BCD as a PFC or whatever.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Late to the party, but who the gently caress would listen to a military radio station while CONUS?

And yes, my first hand assessment is that we are all scamming pieces of poo poo. gently caress "valor" and anyone who cares to claim or steal it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

red_dirt posted:

Late to the party, but who the gently caress would listen to a military radio station while CONUS?

It was Iceland and the Azores.

I put Germany and Japan on the ol' dream sheet, but you know how that goes.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

rock rock posted:

So sometime last century?

I know a married couple whose entirety of service was between the end of Desert Storm and 9/11. Really hard to relate to them!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

roymorrison posted:

I got 2 purple hearts suck my dick america

Pretty sure you're supposed to have only one heart and if it's purple you might want to have it looked at.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

video was missing the punchline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The American Dream posted:

I bought a navy peacoat at a thrift store because my roommate said his was great when he would be on deck in the North Atlantic. Which I figured was the same as a central New York winter.

I've had a couple navy guys ask me about it when I wore it, but they didn't give a poo poo because they weren't retarded children and laughed at my reasoning behind buying it

My father had one of those priest coats because he backed out of his final vows at the seminary because he loved ladies too much and I wore it sometimes because it was the 90's and goths.

Priests never accosted me and accused me of Stolen Grace.

• Locked thread