Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
As a vet I never really cared. I mean if someone wants to play dress up and look dumb wearing a uniform in public (cause ya do) then all the power to them. Heck the construction workers on our post often wore like 3/4ths of a uniform because they're cheap as poo poo, durable, and practical for that kind of work. When did camouflage suddenly become a sacred piece of clothing?

Also I've always wondered - for every 1 video where someone successfully accuses someone of stolen valor, is there 10 where someone sees a guy in uniform and goes and makes a total rear end of themselves because the person is legit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

roymorrison posted:

I was a sniper in the army u just lay around in bushes or a hole or some guys house for extended periods of time not sure why every faker wants 2 be a sniper lol

Cause people think being a sniper means you're like Chris Kyle and you get to shoot anyone you want like a badass super ninja assassin.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

MullardEL34 posted:

From personal experience, College vets are great to work with in group projects because they generally know what a deadline means and get poo poo done on time.

That doesn't mean group projects in college aren't really loving stupid/ a conspiracy to help the deadweight pass the course.

From my experience as a college grad vet, vets in college were loving annoying as poo poo. I just kept that poo poo to myself unless I was friends with someone and they specifically asked. Every other vet I knew specifically went out of their way in every class to sneak in how they were a veteran no matter what the subject was. They also insisted on keeping high and tights and wearing shirts that were military related. You know, in case someone didn't hear them the 20 times they mentioned it, they'd be able to tell by looking.

And then they invariably dropped out because unlike in the military you actually have to motivate and do things for yourself.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

etalian posted:

yeah a majority of the military jobs are support type positions.

And among combat MOS's the majority of people will never even come close to combat, but will still talk poo poo and boast like they're the greatest soldier the worlds ever seen and every other military job are POG bitches (POG's are people gaining actual useful non-military skills)

• Locked thread